Liverpool Away

Sad that it’s going to be the best part of a year before we get another Euro away thread full of people telling us they miss the Travel Club and that the away end will be full of “euro virgins”.
Win the next 4 games and get Man City last 16 just for followfollow :D

Where were you when the lad in gold posted the ticket office told him he’s had European tickets that’s why he’s only had Livi away domestically mate :(:D
true story ........ i'm keepin the email so i can have a laugh now and then

I’m on 1572 so 50 points off what was required. If I had purchased EH or B team season ticket & RTV I would’ve had the points required.

I’m now considering is it worth spending the money on these items to benefit in the seasons to come for games like this where it’ll be high gold. To me it just highlights MyGers isn’t a loyalty scheme designed to allocate tickets to those that go week in week out but instead just another opportunity to rinse fans.

Would welcome back the return of the Travel Club and would certainly like to see a revamp of how we allocate domestic away tickets as there appears to be no logic behind it.

It would be easier if they just sold points.

Have they confirmed it yet as they were cancelling orders previously if it was a Scottish address? The first email you get when buying it isn't confirmation that it's been processed.
This is right. I bought 3 last night. Got an email asking me if it’s home supporters. Confirmed they were and they still cancelled it as I used my dads card and Scottish address.

Just booked another 3 using my own card but put the address as my scouse mate who’s coming with me and it’s gone through my bank even though I didn’t use my Scottish address so for people trying use a random Liverpool address and postcode to try and bypass the security.

This is right. I bought 3 last night. Got an email asking me if it’s home supporters. Confirmed they were and they still cancelled it as I used my dads card and Scottish address.

Just booked another 3 using my own card but put the address as my scouse mate who’s coming with me and it’s gone through my bank even though I didn’t use my Scottish address so for people trying use a random Liverpool address and postcode to try and bypass the security.
The issue sometimes could be if you use a different billing address from the one on your card some banks will block it as attempted fraud.

It happened to me before using a VPN with one card but another worked. I'm fine with this one and had it confirmed next day without any questions.

Did same. Sorted

I’m just catching up with this thread from this afternoon.

@Aww Skew i saw that Twitter page the other week and wasn’t sure if it was real or not :D Wee bit gutted it’s gone now.

For those on points close to the 1622 I’d be refreshing my emails all day on Monday on the off chance the threshold comes down a bit. It’ll be fastest fingers first for whatever is available IF there’s any tickets not taken up.

Sad that it’s going to be the best part of a year before we get another Euro away thread full of people telling us they miss the Travel Club and that the away end will be full of “euro virgins”.
The thing is it’s true. I can see both points to the argument. The travel club was always separate and it really should still be. The vast majority of the same people go to these games and unsurprisingly when that big game comes up, so do the new faces. But you can then argue they have the points, so deserve to be selective. Although I see this point, I certainly don’t agree with it. The example of Liverpool - are you going to watch Rangers or Liverpool? The opposition should always be irrelevant. Unfortunately, some fans don’t see it that way.

I’m just catching up with this thread from this afternoon.

@Aww Skew i saw that Twitter page the other week and wasn’t sure if it was real or not :D Wee bit gutted it’s gone now.

For those on points close to the 1622 I’d be refreshing my emails all day on Monday on the off chance the threshold comes down a bit. It’ll be fastest fingers first for whatever is available IF there’s any tickets not taken up.
That’s why he’s not been on FF for the last week - too busy setting up his new Twitter page just to get banned when the first MyGers stuff comes out.

The thing is it’s true. I can see both points to the argument. The travel club was always separate and it really should still be. The vast majority of the same people go to these games and unsurprisingly when that big game comes up, so do the new faces. But you can then argue they have the points, so deserve to be selective. Although I see this point, I certainly don’t agree with it. The example of Liverpool - are you going to watch Rangers or Liverpool? The opposition should always be irrelevant. Unfortunately, some fans don’t see it that way.
I don’t even think it’s the opposition, I think it’s more the convenience of travel etc.

A European match against someone like Burnley (ridiculous example) would have a higher demand than Ajax IMO.

The major flaw in the travel club was that any one could join. You’ll never convince me that people who hadn’t been to Ibrox in years but lived on the continent and could get to Euro aways easily and cheaply getting tickets over ST holders was right.

Last edited:
The major flaw in the travel club is that any one could join. You’ll never convince me that people who hadn’t been to Ibrox in years but lived on the continent and could get to Euro aways easily and cheaply were getting tickets over ST holders was right.
You had to be a ST holder in the end though. It was open to anybody at one time, but they stopped that.

You had to be a ST holder in the end though. It was open to anybody at one time, but they stopped that.
Only for a season or two at the most as I know non season ticket holders who joined. It was me who paid for them so I know it's true :))

My mistake then, sorry. But anecdotally, a decent amount of ex-travel club high pointers on here seem to be from down south or abroad who don’t actually go home and away.

I don’t even think it’s the opposition, I think it’s more the convenience of travel etc.

A European match against someone like Burnley (ridiculous example) would have a higher demand than Ajax IMO.
I'd rather have had Burnley than Liverpool for tickets as I went to my first game at Turf Moor in 1985 so have a purchase history going back years and I've been a Clarets Foundation member for many years too.

There's no way they would cancel my ticket in the home end :))

Only for a season or two at the most as I know non season ticket holders who joined. It was me who paid for them so I know it's true :))
I couldn’t argue either way mate to be honest. I just remember it was a free for all and then they made it that you had to have a ST to join. There’s every chance my memory is playing tricks on me and they reverted back to the old system.

I couldn’t argue either way mate to be honest. I just remember it was a free for all and then they made it that you had to have a ST to join. There’s every chance my memory is playing tricks on me and they reverted back to the old system.

I’m pretty sure it was always open to any one for a score.

I've checked back in the purchase history and 2019/20 definitely had non season ticket travel club membership

And it cost £40

Anyone who bought a e-ticket through ticombo did the ticket email come through straight after purchase ?

A scouse mate of mine advised parking in a place on Mere Lane. I'm not sure how wise that is though for getting away after the game, it's close to the ground but opposite end of the ground from the away end. I wouldn't be surprised if we were hearded 1 way when we get out of the ground.

Anyone who bought a e-ticket through ticombo did the ticket email come through straight after purchase ?
No, they need to come from the person you have bought from and they dont show up on their app until the week before the game.

Edit you meaning confirmation email?

Just check your account and should show under purchases

The issue sometimes could be if you use a different billing address from the one on your card some banks will block it as attempted fraud.

It happened to me before using a VPN with one card but another worked. I'm fine with this one and had it confirmed next day without any questions.
It had to get verified via my banking app so it’s gone through.

Did anybody on the cancelled ajax trip get a ticket with under 1622 points ? Did the buying of it go smoothly ?

A scouse mate of mine advised parking in a place on Mere Lane. I'm not sure how wise that is though for getting away after the game, it's close to the ground but opposite end of the ground from the away end. I wouldn't be surprised if we were hearded 1 way when we get out of the ground.
Liverpool fan here. Your mate is probably talking about the Derry social club on mere lane. The name speaks for itself, Liverpool and Rangers club!
There's parking there and on the surrounding streets.
Providing there's no serious trouble, which I doubt there will be, you should get straight out and be free to go wherever you want. As far as I know the only visiting fans to be kept behind are man Utd.
We do sometimes keep European visiting fans behind but I don't think you'll be classed as Europeans!

Last edited:
It definitely was at one point. My Mrs bought a membership for going to Barcelona and ended up getting a ticket for the final in Manchester having only attended one game.
We didn't have many in travel club at one point 6/8k

Even getting to games there was bigger focus for the club travel indy happened but not as much as Club at times was running 2 or 3 flights if I tekens correctly though was a while back

Travel Club was season ticket holders only for the first 2 seasons that Rangers were back in Europe before reverting back to anyone being able to join.

Back