Ridvan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gartcoshloyalbear

Surely got to start or at least have some sort of involvement on Saturday. He won’t play against liverpool so it will become a case of him just wasting away sitting on the bench most weeks.
Turkeys best left back and same for besiktas.

Also, his best attribute is overlapping runs which will give kent more options and should help his game.

Surely got to start or at least have some sort of involvement on Saturday. He won’t play against liverpool so it will become a case of him just wasting away sitting on the bench most weeks.

Also, his best attribute is overlapping runs which will give kent more options and should help his game.
If you aren’t starting him at Ibrox against bottom of the league he won’t be at Tynecastle.

I doubt we will see him before the St Mirren game. He's not starting at Hearts or against Liverpool. Not a chance.

He's been on the bench for Turkey recently has he not?

There is nothing to suggest he is our best left back. Barisic has been the best of our back line this season.

The boy is just settling in to a new country culture and is still not fluent in English, are Celtic fans asking the same of the left back they paid more for and is getting kept out the team by Greig Taylor ?

Borna doesn’t deserve to be dropped. The boy will get his chance, it’s good to have someone playing well so he’s not rushed In And crucified

Last edited:
Don’t think he started for Turkey during the internationals did he?

Tynecastle isn’t somewhere that I’d be giving him one of his first starts though.

There is nothing to suggest he is our best left back. Barisic has been the best of our back line this season.

The boy is just settling in to a new country culture and is still not fluent in English, are Celtic fans asking the same of the left back they paid more for and is getting kept out the team by Greig Taylor ?
What have celtic got to do with it? Some people's obsession of them in every circumstance is weird.

We've paid a large part of our transfer budget on a guy who isn't featuring at all. It's quite right we ask why.

If you aren’t starting him at Ibrox against bottom of the league he won’t be at Tynecastle.
True and unfortunately also true.

BB has played ok and now people want him to stay in the team. Not the worst idea based on the last few games but his lack of speed and aggression is part of Rangers overall problems I feel and his time has long been up as a Rangers player.

Ridvan seems to bring the qualities than BB lacks and his none appearances under the narrative of 'settling in' seem daft.

Whatever hes doing elsewhere, hes come here because he wants to play Football for Rangers. Not playing Football for Rangers at all would hardly seem to help him settle on or off the pitch.

If indeed that is the issue.

I suspect its more to do with Gio's perceptions of a player and as such we may not see him start or play for some time.

Wouldn’t start the boy against the jobber sides at Ibrox so absolutely no chance he starts at Tynecastle unless Borna is injured

Because our only other left back is nearly 30 and needs replaced in the medium term
However the very same 29yr old has been on of the better players for us this season - granted it's a low bar in many instances.

Perhaps Ridvan, whilst still settling in (learning the language for example), is still doing enough in training to push Barisic to a higher level of form.

Not everything has to be a negative.

You’ve had a stinker here mate why drop borna when he’s been one of our most consistent players this season, Yilmaz will eventually get his chance when borna picks up his yearly injury. But to suggest he’ll be on the first flight back to Turkey is laughable he’s signed a 5 year deal he’s also not turkeys best left back currently he’s not started any of there recent games.

Fair enough the position is Bornas at the moment, he should have been brought on for valuable minutes against Ross County and St.Johnstone.

Hopefully we don't see Kent at all.
Tough one on Yillmaz as Borna has been our most consistent player so far, but I agree we need to get him more game time.

I’d like to see him get some minutes off the bench at least.

The fact we cannot put any game to bed recently has probably hampered him.

Hopefully over the next few games we see him a bit more, possibly as a wing back with a back three.

Imo, he's not featuring until we get a settled left sided central defender. if he goes un the run and our cover isn't good enough, then we are fooked.
I'm not saying BB has that side of the game fixed mind...just my thoughts.

What have celtic got to do with it? Some people's obsession of them in every circumstance is weird.

We've paid a large part of our transfer budget on a guy who isn't featuring at all. It's quite right we ask why.
I'm all for developing players but.. If we pay the initial fee and possible add ons for a boy that was in his last year of contract ,I'm expecting he plays a lot more than he has. TBH with our budget he really needs to.

I'm all for developing players but.. If we pay the initial fee and possible add ons for a boy that was in his last year of contract ,I'm expecting he plays a lot more than he has. TBH with our budget he really needs to.
The best player in any position should play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back