Ridvan

Status
Not open for further replies.
What have celtic got to do with it? Some people's obsession of them in every circumstance is weird.

We've paid a large part of our transfer budget on a guy who isn't featuring at all. It's quite right we ask why.

so we drop arguably our best defender this season to play someone who isn’t proven.

Some folk just don’t understand not every player is bought to go straight in to a team. I have no obsession with them but used an example of our nearest rivals as it is almost identical.

The signing of Ridvan has brought out the best in Barisic, what more could we ask for ? Competition for places.

so we drop arguably our best defender this season to play someone who isn’t proven.

Some folk just don’t understand not every player is bought to go straight in to a team. I have no obsession with them but used an example of our nearest rivals as it is almost identical.

The signing of Ridvan has brought out the best in Barisic, what more could we ask for ? Competition for places.
Agree mate but we've spent a huge amount od money comparatively to our budget on a player the manager doesn't play at all. And I understand why, he looked miles off it on his debut.

Let's not pretend Barisic has been like Maldini though. He's been ok.

Agree mate but we've spent a huge amount od money comparatively to our budget on a player the manager doesn't play at all. And I understand why, he looked miles off it on his debut.

Let's not pretend Barisic has been like Maldini though. He's been ok.

I agree that kind of money should have been spent on someone going straight in and improving our starting 11.

I suspect we have taken a gamble and bought Ridvan at a price we can afford just now before he develops.

You are also right Barisic has been ok but the rest of the defence has set a low bar, but Borna has been above it. I like Borna but hopefully the competition brings out the best in him he has a good season and we get money for him whilst we can and Ridvan has bedded in to take over.

Surely got to start or at least have some sort of involvement on Saturday. He won’t play against liverpool so it will become a case of him just wasting away sitting on the bench most weeks.
Turkeys best left back and same for besiktas.

Also, his best attribute is overlapping runs which will give kent more options and should help his game.
Great idea, drop our best player and Chuck him in.

Tomorrow probably isn’t the game.

Why would you drop one of our best players this season for a kid who hasn't had any experience playing in Scotland? He'll get his chance eventually when Borna gets injured or loses form.
Because although BB has been one of our best this season, it hasn’t been a high bar to reach. Secondly, Borna hadn’t any experience in Scotland until he was thrown in. I think BB has a habit of going on spells of up and down form and we simply cannot have that. When he’s on form, he is good ( with the occasional greet performance) when he is not on form, he is so poor it’s unbelievable.

Again agree he’s been one of the better performers of late but you u don’t pay £6m for someone to warm the bench. (all this assumes the guy fit and putting it in in training etc.)

I think most other teams don’t put up with chronic loss of form the way we do and we need to take sentiment out of it.

Great idea, drop our best player and Chuck him in.

Tomorrow probably isn’t the game.

Someone mentioned it on the team v Hearts thread, play him one up Barisic LB Ridvan LW, from the little I’ve seen of Ridvan he looks better going forward, not the worst idea, both overlapping or covering for each other switch Kent to RW.

A lot of big boy talk about borna , he is still a week link defensively still hangs around the middle of the park looking to pass backwards. His crosses have been better this season ,in truth he is the only player who has a good cross this season. Tavs crosses have been poor all season so far.

What have celtic got to do with it? Some people's obsession of them in every circumstance is weird.

We've paid a large part of our transfer budget on a guy who isn't featuring at all. It's quite right we ask why.
Five weeks into a five year contract. A young expensive investment in our future given time to settle in a new club and country while the current incumbent is playing well in a misfiring team.

Looks like good management to me.

Because although BB has been one of our best this season, it hasn’t been a high bar to reach. Secondly, Borna hadn’t any experience in Scotland until he was thrown in. I think BB has a habit of going on spells of up and down form and we simply cannot have that. When he’s on form, he is good ( with the occasional greet performance) when he is not on form, he is so poor it’s unbelievable.

Again agree he’s been one of the better performers of late but you u don’t pay £6m for someone to warm the bench. (all this assumes the guy fit and putting it in in training etc.)

I think most other teams don’t put up with chronic loss of form the way we do and we need to take sentiment out of it.
It doesn't matter how low the bar is, dropping an in form player for a new one is bad for morale. He'll get his chance.

Five weeks into a five year contract. A young expensive investment in our future given time to settle in a new club and country while the current incumbent is playing well in a misfiring team.

Looks like good management to me.
You are saying that we signed him 5 weeks ago? Lol

Top maths mate.

Has borna been that good? He’s been ok. Many think he’s good because he had been very poor. Even the last game at Ibrox! Full crowd shouting MAN ON…… twice it happened and he dilly dallied and lost possession. We simply judge too many players too early. If that was the case, mcCoist, Hateley and even Lundstram would never have made it.

Idiotic use of transfer funds.

Why was a development player deemed priority over positions in the team that have been neglected for years?

I try not to think about it because the absurdity of it just annoys me.

Borna is playing well to a degree, still think his getting forward quickly is halting fast football down the left hand side, great delivery on some occasions when he gets there. I think Ridvan will give us more going forward, fair enough he needs to wait but some game time needs to come in league games for me.

People are going a bit overboard with Borna's form IMO. Love the guy and even made a thread praising him after Union, but saying he's been our best player this season is tallest midget stuff.
It's a very good point mate, but no matter how we want to badge it, in general he's done nothing to deserve to be dropped, he is a confidence player undoubtedly so dropping him to see if Ridvan is ready could see us have his confidence dip and if Ridvan then blips, we're kind of fecked. This is a decision I think GvB is getting right.

It doesn't matter how low the bar is, dropping an in form player for a new one is bad for morale. He'll get his chance.
He's not getting any mins at all except for QotS and the odd cameo off the bench.

Does the manager not trust him? He was getting some amount of hype from Besiktas fans. Just doesn't seem ideal for us to spend that kind of money for him to stay on the bench, even if he does turn out to be a great player in a couple of seasons.

He'll need to be.
I’m doing some amount of moaning re Rangers at the moment and i hate it, I’m one of the biggest Rangers supporters going season ticket over 20 years etc but I’m just scunnered at the moment of how this club is being run! This signing in my eyes just didn’t make sense from a financial point if view.

I don't get why we don't just have a squad of 11, every player not starting is a 'monumental waste of money' apparently.

Nathan Paterson didn't get a sniff for 6 months at Everton and is flying now after his settling in period.

Ridvan has signed for 5 years not 5 months.

Surely got to start or at least have some sort of involvement on Saturday. He won’t play against liverpool so it will become a case of him just wasting away sitting on the bench most weeks.

Also, his best attribute is overlapping runs which will give kent more options and should help his game.
A few issues.
Since he's came here Borna has become probably our most consistent performer.

You mention the overlaps, but if you watch us, Borna actually plays a lot of the match as a left CB of a 3 lately while Tav is up the other end as a RW. With the odd foray forward here and there.
Unless that changes I can't really see Yilmaz coming in to that system.

I don't get why we don't just have a squad of 11, every player not starting is a 'monumental waste of money' apparently.

Nathan Paterson didn't get a sniff for 6 months at Everton and is flying now after his settling in period.

The difference being is Everton can afford to spend that money on one player and have him settle in 6 months, we don’t.

I get where you're coming from but quite simply you can't drop a player who is in great form just to try your new signing out. The lad will need to wait his turn which will come.

I’m doing some amount of moaning re Rangers at the moment and i hate it, I’m one of the biggest Rangers supporters going season ticket over 20 years etc but I’m just scunnered at the moment of how this club is being run! This signing in my eyes just didn’t make sense from a financial point if view.
Yeah, there's a lot of negativity around at the moment. I think it originates from the manager to be honest. The football being served up is turgid pish, wins or no wins, it can't go on. I think the players themselves sense this too.
As regards the board/off field stuff, nobody would give a rats ass if we were playing well and winning.
I expect more boring crap tomorrow.

If he's not played then it's ultimately to his detriment. Worst thing is seeing young players waste their relatively short careers sitting on a bench because they don't get played.

I want him to play bigger games but if he doesn't I'd rather see him get game time in a different club.

You've got a 15 year old coming on and playing for Arsenal and we can't get this guy game time.

Bornas overlapping runs are making Kents role in the team easy........his numbers are diabolical

Why would he start?

Borna is flying this season (in comparable terms).

My flying and your flying might different.

He is slightly better than he was last season. He is though defensively a major weak link especially against Celtic. Seems to constantly forget Abada is his man.

It sounds like he is a project player? Even though he was playing every game for Besiktas and starting for the Turkish national team.

I suppose it's easy to say with hindsight, but if Borna was going to start every game I'd rather we went for a cheaper left back and invested elsewhere.

I'm not faulting Gio for benching him, or saying he has no potential. Just not happy where the money has gone, when we knew the first team (starters) needed a significant rebuild.

If Gio is 100% correct not to play him, it's still not ideal imo.

he will get his chance when Borna inevitably drops in form. But he doesn't deserve to lose his place , he's one of the better performers in our team at the minute.

Borna has upped his game, no doubt about it but, truth is, he had to because it was falling off a cliff last season.

Looks like we brought Ridvan in as his replacement and Borna responded, whilst the young Turk is yet to settle.

Don't think there is much of a mystery to be had here.

For the price we paid, regardless how good Borna has been, it's fucking ridiculous.

Wilson out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back