4th Kit on Sale from 8am tomorrow.

I thought the same. I think a white sponsor would make it feel less of a training top. Sponsor could be light blue too.

20220930-005033-Blend-Collage.jpg
Thought the same. That's much better.

good grief if you don’t like it don’t buy it,nobody is putting a gun to your head and saying “you have to buy every top that has come out”
The permanent rage by some on here is becoming very tiresome.dont throw out the line “don’t read it then” when the permanently raging infest every thread.

good grief if you don’t like it don’t buy it,nobody is putting a gun to your head and saying “you have to buy every top that has come out”
The permanent rage by some on here is becoming very tiresome.dont throw out the line “don’t read it then” when the permanently raging infest every thread.
Your post is probably the most raging on the thread mate.

So you're saying people *don't* have to buy it? Just to be clear. This is huge if true.

I'm not against the club making money.i'm talking bout the quality of the merchandise.
Merchandise or design?
I don’t like all of the designs, last years lilac gear was a monstrosity and I don’t care too much for this year’s “Monaco” top either, but I haven’t had one iota of a problem with the material or trim of any item I’ve bought.

I think some believe there is a law that you must buy it.
It’s a tax that you have to pay.
You’ll burn in hell if you don’t spend your hard earned on this.
Your children are taken from you and tortured.

I love a black strip (slimming and that :D) but not sold yet ... may feel different when i see it in person.

I think it would have been nice if the main colour was white rather than black.

Not a fan but then again I’m not a fan of Castore.
We already have white, albeit with red.
If it’s to be called a kit, it needs to be different from any other kit.
If we weren’t allowed to wear the current white & red offering, we wouldn’t be allowed to wear white on its own.
A fourth kit that wouldn’t be an alternative?
This place, well, some posters, would go nuclear.

Fourth kit /training top?
Is there a difference?
Is it “kit” where the problem lies?

I was just saying similar. I think it's a nonsense we've got a 4th strip. Can you even register it with Uefa as another strip to be used?

If they're released another training top line with this as the design, there'd be less of an issue though.

It just seems to cheapen the brand a bit. People identify iconic strips with various seasons. It's getting to the point where they all become a mish mash and blend in to one giant "Castore" era rather than being defined by what was achieved in them.

I was just saying similar. I think it's a nonsense we've got a 4th strip. Can you even register it with Uefa as another strip to be used?

If they're released another training top line with this as the design, there'd be less of an issue though.

It just seems to cheapen the brand a bit. People identify iconic strips with various seasons. It's getting to the point where they all become a mish mash and blend in to one giant "Castore" era rather than being defined by what was achieved in them.

My god man, you spend far too much time thinking about football kits.

Its Friday, go out, have a beer and enjoy the weekend.

y

you only need 2 registered kits for Europe, you can register third and fourth kits too if you want, as long as it’s done by the relevant deadline.

Castore is tinpot and you couldn't pay me to wear it but they're merely a symptom of the broken football kit economy. It's been out of control for a long time and I get the feeling it will soon come to a head.

Nike and adidas have their fancy Move to Zero and Parley marketing campaigns, but at the end of the day, the vast majority of this polyester rubbish still winds its way to landfill in 3-5 years. I know a group of prominent designers at adidas Football who ended up walking out to start up their own project that attempts to flip the current merchandising model on its head. They were sick of the hypocrisy when it came to their environmental message, and — to an admittedly lesser extent — how the set up was ultimately geared towards milking loyal fans.

I'll be interested to see how these releases play out in the future — it's necessary for clubs from a monetary perspective but there's more and more pressure and regulations being applied to companies in terms of end of life materials. Not to mention spiralling costs for actually buying them. I noticed Brentford recently rolled their home kit over to the new season, although the cynic in me would wager that's partly because Umbro were struggling with supply chain issues.

I like the way they took the design for last years kit and changed the colours. It would've been better if they released it last year though.

This place is like watching, and listening to the media, attack the tories and Ranger's with every negative you have

The lesser spotted Ben Davies making an appearance

The more I see it the more I genuinely like it. I think ut will be one that close up looks superb. Also our black kits all in the past have looked pretty good. Love the nod to the early 80s pin stripes.

As an aside it’s interesting how they’ve got the players pumping iron for the photo shoot, it’s noticeable how this seems to be popular among the players the way you see the likes of Jack and Tavernier bulking up almost a bit too much perhaps.

Daft question perhaps, but do Rangers/Castore ever release the sales figures of the different Kits?

Itd be interesting to see how something like a 4th Kit compares to the others and also how well any new Kit sells when released at a time of less than outstanding optimism.
The third kit will have sold very well as was released prior to the Europa League Final. The club shop was mobbed every day in the lead up to the game and it’s all they had in stock pretty much.

The third kit will have sold very well as was released prior to the Europa League Final. The club shop was mobbed every day in the lead up to the game and it’s all they had in stock pretty much.
Aye, it was perfect marketing at the time. However, coincided poorly witht the request for all blue to be worn. Money talks

Agreed but that was a nice Kit and wouldve sold well anytime I think, plus as you say the feeling around the team and club was feverishly high.

This kit is a poor design by any measure but thats probably the least of its worries in terms of making sales.

Not the worst, but I can't help thinking it would be nicer if the pin stripes/trims were all either blue or red and not the mix of the two personally.

Not one I'll be buying (don't usually buy 3rd/4th/5th kits anyway TBH, so not a specific stance, but it's not nice enough to make me change that habit)

Compared to a few previous black kits there's not a whole lot wrong with it I think. Is it really that poor compared to these 2 for example?

Rangers-Third-Strip-10-11.jpg

s-l300.jpg
It's a black t-shirt. It's not exactly inspired design, but it's almost impossible for it to reach the level of "honking" or "dreadful" to be honest. It is what it is.

The kit looks better in the promo shots. Has it been confirmed why it doesn't have any sponsor logs? It would be great if all the replica kits didn't have they as a default.

Only Castore could come out with a strip that would look much better with sponsors on it haha.

It's like there whole operation is a joke.

Latest posts

Back