Votes: 259 28.0%
  • Morelos

Votes: 666 72.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morelos.

These games are a busted flush.

Keep Colak fit and fresh for the league games. Use the European games to get Morelos fit. Also, we need Morelos’ strength and ability to hold the ball up in European games.

Colak for me by a hair.
Alfie's always an emotional player, which can be good on one hand and disastrous on the other.
It's definitely a good problem for Gio to have two great strikers to chose from.

I would struggle to justify dropping Čolak, but Alfredo fighting fit gives teams nightmares. They both scored so it’s not based on form, as such, I just feel Morelos gets us further up the pitch, and is sharper on the counter attack.

Liverpool look really vulnerable at the back and I think alfie will cause them all sorts of problems and colak can come on the last 30 mins and finish them off :cool:

Love Big Colak but due to the type of game and Morelos is more of a link up/hold up type striker I voted for him.

Morelos has to play both games v Liverpool. Mindboggling anyone would suggest otherwise.

Colak deserves to be first pick for domestic games (NOT old firms)

Its a great position.

I'd play both with morelos on the right him and tav have a good understanding the type of curveball Liverpool night not expect

Morelos for Europe for me and start Colak in the league. However I can see Gio playing him as he scored twice.

Morelos for me. We need an outball upfront and Colak doesn’t do that as well as Morelos does.

Colak certainly starts domestically for me, he is just a pure goal scorer which we haven’t had for years.
This saves me having to reply to this thread. Exactly.

I'd play both with morelos on the right him and tav have a good understanding the type of curveball Liverpool night not expect

Putting Morelos in front of Tav would be a bit of a disaster from a defensive point of view on Tuesday. I don’t think Morelos has the discipline (or the engine) to track Robertson up and down the pitch all game.

It'll be Colak. He's fitter and in banging form. If a chance falls you'd rather have him on the end of it than Morelos, even with Morelos at his fittest.

A fully fit Morelos would probably get the nod though for his general play.

Since we come back up to the Premier League we haven't had 2 quality strikers at the one time competing for a start on a regular basis. Could say we had Roofe but he has never been realible for injuries. Both players bring different quality for different games. I would start Morelos on Tuesday and start Colak on Saturday.

Morelos for me
I kind of agree,only because that defence is as vulnerable as ours and I'd love to see Alfie hassling that defence. I think Gio will go with Colak though. I hope we go down there and give it a go. TAA is vulnerable as is Van Dyke and the Keeper.

Whoever Gio chooses they are up against VVD, who is taller than most we have faced so far. In that regard Colak may edge aerial threat over AM.

VVD will go out his way to wind them up so if Morelos gets the nod he needs to keep the heid.

I’m undecided but because it’s a close call will support the managers choice. Don’t think you could criticise whoever he chooses. Both will get game time - that’s for sure.

According to pundits today VVDs weak point this season is strikers that back into him holding up the ball and rolling him.
With that in mind it has to be Alfie as that’s the wee man’s strong point.

Would be unfair to drop Cloak as much as I love Alfie. Cloak deserves to start. Wish we tried playing the 2 of them together before now.

Morelos should start at Anfield, with Colak starting in the return at Ibrox. He will get more chances in the box at home. The only way Colak would be worth starting at Anfield would be if he replicated his success in dropping deep to receive it and lay it off, as he did well against PSV away. Liverpool defence seemed a bit sluggish in tracking Brighton attackers yesterday. Saying that, Liverpool will still be a big step up from PSV. If we can get 55-60 minutes out of Morelos at Anfield then that would be sufficient, with Colak in from the start again at Ibrox.

I don't think it's even close. Morelos by a country mile.

We need an out ball and the hold up play is going to be integral.

Got to be Morelos. He will put pressure on any defender and as much as I like Colak he just hasn’t got that in his game.

We've heard all the debate about Colak just being a goalscorer or Alfredo makes us play better, especially in Europe.

It's a helluva call to make Tuesday night.

Our all time leading European goalscorer who makes the team tick on the big stage or our in form penalty box striker who is deadly in front of goal.
Play Both.

Morelos all day.

He is for Europe.
Colak for the meat and drink.

Why burn either out when we are playing every 2 days this month?

We've heard all the debate about Colak just being a goalscorer or Alfredo makes us play better, especially in Europe.

It's a helluva call to make Tuesday night.

Our all time leading European goalscorer who makes the team tick on the big stage or our in form penalty box striker who is deadly in front of goal.
Colak for me, his confidence is high, less likely to get booked or a red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back