Tom Lawrence - A new injury sustained in training. “Out until at least after the World Cup”

Depends on the grade and recovery obv

Grade 1: A mild strain where only a few of the muscle fibers are strained. This usually takes 1-3 weeks for recovery. Often this grade of strain has little pain and does not impair functional activity.
Grade 2: A moderate strain where more muscle fibers are torn but there is not a complete rupture. This usually takes 4-8 weeks for recovery and the individual can feel significant pain and loss of normal function of the calf muscle due to pain.
Grade 3: A severe tear where most of the muscle fibers are torn and can cause a complete rupture of the muscle. This usually takes 8-12 weeks recovery depending on the severity
Grade 4 it is then.

The usual vague pish prognosis "out at least till after the world cup" so could be end of december or end of April . Makes you wonder if they have an idea themselves or are they genuinely clueless seeing as they give this standard "could be anything" response with all our injuries.
Don't know what's worse. Being told he was fine (Gio) only to then be told he'd be out for 'weeks' which inevitably ends in setback after setback. Its a reoccurring theme at Ibrox.

Don't know what's worse. Being told he was fine (Gio) only to then be told he'd be out for 'weeks' which inevitably ends in setback after setback. Its a reoccurring theme at Ibrox.
What is going on here? Do other clubs have similar issues? Genuine question

We always seem to have a group of key players on the medical table, with no idea of what the issue is or when they will be back.

Perhaps I am remembering this wrong, but I swear this is a more recent issue. Before you'd have one or two players out for a few weeks, then they'd come back in and get on with the season.

Lawrence, Helander, Roofe, Hagi, Souttar & Lowry. Six first team players who we have no clue when they will be back.

It wasn't long ago we had Morelos and Davies on that list!

There needs to be some sort of internal investigation carried out. Someone isn't doing their job properly.

It’s a f*cker, but footballers get injured. Chance for someone else to step up.

Used to be a running joke about Rossiter being 7-10 days away...now we have half a dozen like that.
Agreed. We have far too many of that type of unreliable player now. We even bring them in with full knowledge of the situation.

Our watchlist

house_lancaster_broken_biscuit_assortment_13kg_57245.jpg

We always seem to have a group of key players on the medical table, with no idea of what the issue is or when they will be back.

Perhaps I am remembering this wrong, but I swear this is a more recent issue. Before you'd have one or two players out for a few weeks, then they'd come back in and get on with the season.

Lawrence, Helander, Roofe, Hagi, Souttar & Lowry. Six first team players who we have no clue when they will be back.

There needs to be some sort of internal investigation carried out. Someone isn't doing their job properly.
Don't know what's wrong with them either because nobody will ask.

I'm starting to suspect our medical team isn't very well qualified.

UI63lSFjtZooEovnj3x9kmj7ecwtmEH0FB81AVDdgoQ.jpg

Terrible news. Lawrence, Hagi and Lowry, long term injured, Tillman inconsistent youngster. Thank %^*& we renewed inconsistent, often injured Arfield.

Are the players getting serviced at Arnold Clark wtf is going on. This is all I hear with the Rangers injuries woes time and time again. How is this bad luck. Its too often to be just bad luck. There must be a logical reason to this and maybe its because the rehab programmes and quality of staff working with players are shit.

He ran himself into the ground against PSV, then was given another 90 against Ross County. The last 30 mins or so to see how he copes as a lone striker or something, despite the fact he had played the role many times before. He was knackered by that point anyway.

Maybe the injuries are different but it's a nonsense he got hurt in the first place.
It's frustrating that it happened with literally the last kick of the game but it's easy to say with hindsight Gio should have subbed him. That could be said about any player injured late in a game. It was a nothing incident, TL just stretched out his leg and it must have twisted a bit and he sat down. It's just gutting that we can't seem to get out of the bit and have a full squad to pick from.

Conspiracy nothing. That’s an easy accusation to make to dumb down the feasible and reasonable observation that we have a horrendous track record when it comes to injured players.

Forget Lawrence for a moment and answer me this - if the club and staff are entirely blameless, why did we sign John Souttar? Explain that one to me. Hearts fans , everyone on this forum, everyone knew how it would go- a quick look at his history was all it took.

And yet still we signed him. Why? Take your time with the answer. Bad luck? Nothing to see here?

I don’t know if the staff are “entirely blameless” but then, neither do you!

I’ll ignore your patronising tone and try not to get too emotional about a free transfer from Hearts, i think he will prove to be a good squad signing but there you go!!

So, why the rush to blame somebody, or a department, within the cub?
Rush hahahaha, never blamed anyone.

I’ll tag you in every post I make with a disclaimer if that helps you from continuing to misinterpret every small thing I say on here.

Rush hahahaha, never blamed anyone.

I’ll tag you in every post I make with a disclaimer if that helps you from continuing to misinterpret every small thing I say on here.
“poor recruitment or something not right with the staff.”

This isn’t blaming?
Is it just “accusing” then?

Have our medical staff ever actually produced their diplomas? Starting to think a couple of butchers and bakers have blagged their way in here :))

I don't even know who or what our medical staff is now tbh..

I don't think it's so wild to speculate that they're not very good either, especially given the lay-offs we've had. When Pep was at Bayern, he fired his medical team because he thought they were crap (Wohlfart etc.) - the best in Germany at the time.

Mourinho at Chelsea was the same. Read about it at many other big clubs.

If it can happen there, it can happen at Rangers. Quite clearly physically the players aren't what they were two years ago.

This is gutting - he'll essentially need another pre-season upon his return now too.

We have enough to get to January with Morelos coming back to form and Roofe in full training too, along with Lowry on the way back, but we badly need to get rid of those not contributing in January and to get in a quality right sided attacker and centre mid to replace them.

“poor recruitment or something not right with the staff.”

This isn’t blaming?
Is it just “accusing” then?
There’s dozens of people on here who think the staff are to blame, I’m not one of them.

It’s just a massive waste of your own time trying to debate me on things I don’t actually have this crazy opinion about.

I basically said I couldn’t tell you what the reason for our injuries is and listed the main reasons people list.

Pretty much just a long winded way of saying wow we’ve had lots of injuries, I’m lost on what to think.

Don’t know why you’re acting as if it’s the same as saying staff member X is to blame, get him out ASAP.

It puts the board in a really difficult situation as in all probability we will 2-3 points behind them come January.

With the players both injured and out of contract do we bring in 2 players of high values instead of the summer? Do we get loans that are a gamble.

If we do nothing then I can’t see it being forgiven for a while regardless

It puts the board in a really difficult situation as in all probability we will 2-3 points behind them come January.

With the players both injured and out of contract do we bring in 2 players of high values instead of the summer? Do we get loans that are a gamble.

If we do nothing then I can’t see it being forgiven for a while regardless
Nothing like a spot of optimism

Back