MOTM Poll Liverpool v Rangers - 20:00 Tuesday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s not asking much to expect better than this after last year surely. Surely losing Bassey and Aribo hasn’t hampered us to this extent in Europe.

No energy from the players, Fashion for Tillman.
I’m pretty sure at one point you could see Gio mouthing to Tillman ‘come on, you need to keep running’ or something similar. Imagine having to ask a footballer in the champions league to do that. I’d have fashion on too. He doesn’t stop and has pace on the counter

Tillman is like a wee boy lost, Davis I am afraid to say can not compete at this level, Lundstrum I have no idea why he is blowing hot and cold just now. Greegs is playing a blinder and King is having a good game so far, not out of place at all.

Not one cross put into the box
Not one attacking pass made between 2 players in blue
Not once was the ball held up in their half
Big hole in midfield
This should be 4-2-3-1
Fck knows why we’re 5 at the back yet getting over run and outnumbered down the wings every single time

On a positive note if it wasn't for that worldy fifa effort of a free kick and from an outstandingly good 40 year old McGregor in goal it would still be 0-0 against one of the best teams in the world lol.

Greegsy keeping us in this. Hopefully silencing some of his recent haters.

Tillman is absolutely woeful. On this performance, I’d also much rather have seen Colak on ahead of Morelos.

Can’t believe I’m sitting here hoping Arfield comes on either. We need someone to do some hard work. Davis and Lundstram also not doing enough for me. Expect to see Kamara or Jack on for Lundstram soon enough.

Our use of the ball has been very poor. I know the opponents are top class but we're making so many sloppy unforced errors. I've lost count of how many times a forward has clipped the ball back into the centre of midfield only for Henderson or Thiago to swallow it up.

Not sure how the manager changes this. I suspect he'll try and keep it like this until 65-70 and then he'll start changing our structure and going for it more.

We will be happy to go in only a goal down there.

They have 5 or 6 players around us everytime we get the ball and we can't cope with it. Hopefully they tire soon.

I'd take off Tillman and put on Arfield or Sakala or someone that is going to actually run.

McGregor doing what he does in Europe over the years away from home. He’s no chance for the goal dont care what anyone says.

Tilman’s too casual on the ball and not really a team player. I’d take him off. The game is passing Steven Davis by as well because it’s too quick. Need a bit more from Lundstrom in the 2nd half

Tactics are all wrong and it’s the same ones we’ve used twice at Parkhead and been beaten easily both times.

This Liverpool team are vulnerable at the back so what do we do? Go 5-4-1 and don’t threaten them at all. It would be funny if it wasn’t so tragic.

There’s a complete lack of intensity in our team when we do win it back. We always turn back for some strange reason and never just drive at the opposition.

I appreciate Liverpool are good, really good in fact, but it’s still frustrating when you can see such obvious things that are wrong.

Only positive there is it's only 1-0.

Total men against boys stuff. Can barely keep possession longer than 10 seconds. I doubt we will even get a shot on target here tonight.

Barisic is being made to look like an amateur player out on the wing.

Gio has had us for a year since Gerrard left.
We now cannot string passes together and we don't look as fit.

Yes Liverpool are better than us, but are we not standing off and giving them too much respect?
Are Liverpool that much better than Dortmund last year?

I love how Borna is getting shite, however who’s supporting him?

If he goes with Salah, he leaves TAA open or opposite happens. Kent, Lundstram or Davis has to picking up a man. Davis unfortunately is like a man down just marking an area rather than picking up man.

Barisic needs to get closer to his man, constantly turning his back and letting the crosses come in, simply not good enough.

Under the cosh here, probably one of the most offensively minded sided Klopp could put out.

We're still in this though. Just need one chance.

Back