MOTM Poll Liverpool v Rangers - 20:00 Tuesday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We will be happy to go in only a goal down there.

They have 5 or 6 players around us everytime we get the ball and we can't cope with it. Hopefully they tire soon.

I'd take off Tillman and put on Arfield or Sakala or someone that is going to actually run.
Teams at that level aren't tiring. Frankly, they don't look like they've really had to break a sweat, despite their dominance.

Our best hope based on this so far is keeping it to 1-0 and nicking a set-piece/penalty/own goal off an arse in injury time.

No service to Morelos or Tillman. Need someone to carry the ball at speed. Sakala? Wright?

Davis needs subbed, but who for? Jack?

I'll hold my hands up, I'm not a great fan of Greegs in his laters years, but he is playing a blinder and you can't ignore the quality.
Games like this his shot stopping abilities come into their own, he’s had no crosses to deal with or long balls into the box which are his weak points at this stage in his career

It must be soul destroying watching the dross infront of him

Gio has had us for a year since Gerrard left.
We now cannot string passes together and we don't look as fit.

Yes Liverpool are better than us, but are we not standing off and giving them too much respect?
Are Liverpool that much better than Dortmund last year?
Think the three games so far have shown us we are miles short in the middle of the park.

This is a free hit-Nunez alone cost double our team however that doesn’t excuse us not being able to string two passes together and looking naive and scared

What are people expecting here? We are up against a fantastic team which cost hundreds of millions to assemble, and we are on a shoestring budget with an injury list that is obviously affecting how we play, and who is picked.
I agree about the quality players but surly we can keep the ball longer than we have

What are people expecting here? We are up against a fantastic team which cost hundreds of millions to assemble, and we are on a shoestring budget with an injury list that is obviously affecting how we play, and who is picked.
I'm expecting us to try and win the game or are least string 5 passes together.

They have been poor this season but we don't want to test them. We simply want to try and keep the score down.

It’s just been an onslaught, we have been unable to cope with the intensity of their press and can’t get out.

Davis has really struggled but we have a real lack of options in that position

We should get Matondo on for Tillman so we at least have pace on the break

Tillman has been like a kid so far, then again he is not the only one.
We just seem to let teams push us around.

Don't think we've strung 3 passes together, game would be out of sight already but for McGregor, Tillman ain't a right of a front 3 player, he's a 10, Kent has been dreadful, too weak against Trent

I think GvB set us up wrong tonight. It's just defence v attack. We have no midfield which is just allowing them to keep coming at us. Davis is no good in that team as he doesn't have the energy. Arfield or Kamara would be far more suited to him as they can run faster and longer.

Tactics were ruined after early goal. He needs Davis and Tillman off for Kamara and Arfield

We are a truly honking football team

we will be easily beaten by any team with good energy, passing and movement

we have none of the three, also the reason why Celtic have pumped us 3-0 twice this year
Anyone with intensity beats us, we are slow, negative and pedestrian.

Hoping McGregor’s first half is enough to save us from a complete embarrassment tonight as we’ve nothing outfield.

McGregor the only man up for the fight. No pressing and no bravery on the ball not even testing them. Davis and Tillman chasing shadows. Get Arfield and Jack on and give them some sort of game ffs. Cmon Rangers we’re better than this and it’s only 1-0. Have a go second half.

Has the look of us vs partick thistle at Ibrox,cant make the ball stick anyone of them.

Tillman is a passenger in that position. Put Matondo on, he at least is positive.

We have the chance, we can score.

Mcgreggor will be in the dreams of Nunez tonight if things remain the same.

Tillman and Davis off for Jack and Arfield for me. If we're still in it with 15 minutes to go shove Matondo, Sakala and Colak on.

Not sure what we're trying to do really. Defence trying to play reasonably high but midfield sitting right on top of them allowing Liverpool's midfield to play balls over the top constantly. Be better just sitting deep and trying to break. But then we have zero pace

The big issue is that were still being forced to recycle the same players through the same positions that they're either not suited or not good enough for. The wide right position just sees Tillman, Wright, Arfield and Matondo each given a chance and then swapped when it doesn't work. The same situation in centre midfield.

Think we could have kept possession a bit better and some players are definitely not having their best game but we are absolutely seeing the gulf in class here. Would like to see a few choice subs / tweaks and see if we can do better. McGregor amazing and King, Davies and Goldson having good games.

I can’t see a game plan or shape if the team no pressure closing down or when we break nothing there it’s shambolic, thanks to Shagger it’s only 1 -0

Besides McGregor's saves and one nice play from Kent to win a free kick i don't think there was anything else that would be looked at as a positive from the first 45. Lucky to not be down 3 or 4. Gio has to stop playing Tillman on the right, it doesn't work yet it's saved for some of the biggest games. He's a creative midfielder, you wouldn't play Davis or Lundstram there, and neither should Tillman. We really need 4 points from these two games to have any shot of at least dropping to the europe league and Gio has set the team up like he did in the Braga and Leipzig away matches.

What can we do here but compete. Get the basics right and don't make it easy for them. Lucky to still be in this obviously but ffs let's give a better account of ourselves this second half.

Some of the posts make me think folk don’t know the level we are up against here.

Personally, I think we are lucky to be at 1-0 but I accept that they are lightyears ahead of us.

King is doing well as is Goldson. Shagger has been top class.

Worried about Lundstram, he’s miles of it and I can’t see him not getting another booking
You would think we were playing St Mirren with some of the posts in here.

Back