MOTM Poll Liverpool v Rangers - 20:00 Tuesday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
£5m isn’t cheap
Not for us but there are sides in league 1 in England spunk more on players

£5m is a youth team signing for Liverpool, see the guy Ramsay they signed from Dolly in the summer who’s on their bench tonight

Tillman and Kent like 2 men down. When the later was shoulder barged out the way by Salah he should've been straight up the tunnel, pathetic.

Tillman is lost in this game. He's out of his depth.

Think back to how Walter would have set up for this. One player up front and swamp the midfield and defence. Walter got criticised for being too defensive but it was effective.

The way we are set up now is 5 in the back but just two in front of them. So we have effectively surrendered midfield which Walter never did. I think we need to take Tillman and maybe even Kent off and bolster the midfield. Then hope that Morelos can make something happen.
didn't work at Old Trafford one of the worst games I've been at!

Can totally take us conceding from a piece of magic like that from Trent but you can’t accept our merge attempt at pressing. At the very least we should be a well coached team who press well.
We were … however let’s be honest this management team have destroyed all that.

Makes you kinda wish we were in the europa league. I know CL money is so important but this is just awful to watch
Boy in my office, he supports Leeds said "Thursday night is your level" he wasn't being snidey, just honest. I didn't disagree, this is a tough gig. It really is.

"What would be the message from Gio Van Bronkhorst in the dressing room" ask the presenter. I'd be surprised if he's even in the dressing room never mind delivering a message.

For those old enough, isn't this a bit like when we went to Old Trafford in 2003?

We had just had a good season with a good team, but lost some key men in the summer and replaced them with inferior players. We went down there with no belief and United coasted it all night.

He's quite a nasty manager for that. Has absolutely no problem in throwing players under the bus. I get being a manager you sometimes need to be ruthless but that's not what Gio is - he just uses people to cover his own massive lack of effort, urgency and ideas.
Gio lacks effort and urgency?

People have wild fantasies about what we’re capable of.

There wasn’t a realistic scenario tonight that didn’t involve Rangers being under siege and hanging on for grim death.

When better players harry and press you, whatever game plans people think we should be implementing are pretty difficult to carry out.
I really don’t disagree but when we have the ball we need to look after it. We aren’t doing that at all.

Alfie needs to use his physicality much more.

Tillman off and another mid on would help.

Until we get this right wing position fixed, Lundstram will be playing in two minds about whether he has to cover for Goldson, who is covering for Tav, who is playing by himself on the right.

I totally agree

So bloody passive

There is no dig about us. I honestly feel our players just float about the pitch. In all honestly I much prefer a British manager

It’s ok to accept liverpool are levels above us but to still expect some fight and a bit of dig
Correct. I am normally mr optimistic but after seeing our line up tonight I thought nah %^*& it
I’ll just say the truth. 2 games played, 7 goals conceded. Rooted. Aye let’s go with 5 at the back one of them who is an utter novice. Davis in a game like this ? Nah. And taking our most prolific striker in years off and replacing him for a guy who can do %^*& alL in a defensive set up? Utter pish.

Some players need to look at McGregor and take a leaf out of his book. Attitude and passion. We're giving them too much time on the ball. Giving them the ball back without them having to work for it is causing us too much trouble. Cmon Rangers show us fight and never mind respecting them. Get right in amongst them and get a shot in at least.

Tillman out wide never works so why do the management team persist with trying this option

Central he’s got potential as a 10

Davis isn’t doing well either and Lundstram needs to be told not to make another tackle

Tav not good again but we are up against a very good team
This direct question needs to be asked

Some of the comments on this thread are mental. We're a goal down, away from home against a team which has competed in 3 of the last 5 Champions League finals. A team who have guys valued well into the tens of millions in virtually every position, including on the bench. We also get to hone our skills week in week out against teams like Ross County & Motherwell, while Liverpool play likes of Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. Anyone who thinks we should be competing on an equal footing tonight needs sectioned. I'd love to see us get at them a bit more, but they're on a completely different level to what we're used to playing against. The step up in quality is just too much for most of our players and that's just a fact, not a criticism.

I’m at least hoping for some energy and some vision. The players look like they’re running through treacle and are so far off sharpness it’s unbelievable.
Drop off in our fitness this season is very alarming. Gerrards teams may have lacked quality and tactics but by fook they ran the asses off…..the effort tonight is worse than on show in Amsterdam. Yet we’re only 1 down

Tillman should be doing much better against their LB, he’s a ropey defender and gets caught out far up the pitch. We need to attack down their left hand side, I don’t know if Wright is technically good enough to compete at this level but at least he’s show more urgency than Tillman.
Wright? This is waaayy above his level.

Back