Yilmaz

Borna always shows his opponent inside. Always has done and probably always will. It wasn't peculiar to Salah. As recently as last weekend we saw him do it against Humphreys every time. Can only assume it's a tactical thing. It goes right back to when Gerrard signed him and hasn't changed.
It makes sense to do it with a right footer, it’s his weak side but cutting in on his left. But showing salah who is left footed onto his left side is just asking for trouble.

Borna has always showed every player up against him the freedom of the park in the inside. He is a weak defender like Tav is a weak defender, but borna can cross the football into the box with accuracy.

I cannot agree with that at all, Barisic most certainly was not ok, Liverpool are obviously a great team but he is nowhere near aggressive enough, never gets close to his man and more often than not turns his back and allows the cross to come in, when given the chance to get forward he almost always cuts back and passes the buck.
No he cuts back and finds a man when nothing in front of him to aim for ,maybe you'd rather he just hoofed it up the pitch to the opposition.
Our captain was our worst defender last night by a long way.If you are going to single someone out,at least make it resemble reality

No he cuts back and finds a man when nothing in front of him to aim for ,maybe you'd rather he just hoofed it up the pitch to the opposition.
Our captain was our worst defender last night by a long way.If you are going to single someone out,at least make it resemble reality
Absolute rubbish, try watching the game with your blinkers off.

It wasn't Borna's worst performance of the season, given what he was up against. We might see Yilmaz at the weekend, but I doubt it. Against Dundee in the Cup is when I expect to see him.
I actually thought he kept Salah relatively quiet, think he got one or two shots but it’s Salah FFS. He runs rings against PL level fullbacks

Here we go again.quick guys ,jump on the Borna slagging train .FFS give it a rest .
Borna ,like the rest of the defensive line had a tough night against one of the top premier clubs ,mainly due to our midfields inability to hold the ball for more than 2 passes and a front line that was powder puff until the changes came late on.
The golf in class of the players is all down to money which our league just doesn't provide access to .
Their passing ,movement and confidence on the ball had us flapping in the wind for 70 mins .
In Sala ,Borna was up against one of the worlds top wingers,add in AA on the lap and i'm sure you'll get the drift .
To point the finger at him when he did ok defensively and obviously couldn't get forward until the changes came is a bit rich,considering our worst defender by a mile was Tav who couldn't pass his water atm and has been like that all season .
Now get the heads out the clouds and face reality .
After the peadodome last season and shitbaggery where calum mcgregor called him a s*itebag live on sly sports. He was finished for me.

Yilmaz will give us positivity and aggression, will to get forward link up play i feel we are missing.

Surely the game to now play him is Saturday, Borna's worst performance this season, although i do get that he has been consistent. I Think it's the perfect chance to freshen it up and give Yilmaz the time he needs to prove himself.

Was it worse than Parkhead, Ajax or was it about level with those?

Borna has played better this season but his same old flaws are ever present and playing better than last season is a pretty low marker to start from because last season he was fucking dreadful.

At home against St Mirren should be a safe enough game to start giving Yilmaz more time and then against Dundee as well.

It wasn't Borna's worst performance of the season, given what he was up against. We might see Yilmaz at the weekend, but I doubt it. Against Dundee in the Cup is when I expect to see him.
Teams have worked out how to combat our fullbacks even in Scotland it was no surprise a team like Liverpool would stop what we do and make the players look very average.
I would like to see Yilmaz start just to give the opponents pause for thought.

Surely the game to now play him is Saturday, Borna's worst performance this season, although i do get that he has been consistent. I Think it's the perfect chance to freshen it up and give Yilmaz the time he needs to prove himself.
Agreed

Teams stop our fullbacks passing or going up wide so they both cut in into traffic , we either change the fullbacks or we change how they play.
Neither were good because Liverpool made them play the way they wanted them to.

I'll be surprised if Yilmaz starts on saturday. He's far too offensive for Gio.

Being serious though, he has an opportunity to freshen it up and take a few out who are obviously struggling for full fitness.....Lundstram, Tavernier,
Don’t worry that’ll soon get knocked out of him.

This is good as borna gets. He’s playing at his absolute maximum. If we are happy with that then fine but maybe Ridvan would be an upgrade? We’ll never know at this rate.

What you say is 100% correct, but tbf he was up against Mo Salah. By the way did anyone else notice the amount of times Tav was over at LB position (especially at corners) as if doubling up on Salah, who in fairness was kept "relatively" Quiet

Bang average and I'm amazed people are saying he's had a good season to date.

Not one player in our squad has been consistent this season.
Need to disagree guys, I have posted a few times regarding BB and feel he HAS been our most consistent player. But this season there has not been any standouts imo

As much as Borna has been better this season, how many times does he try to show Salah onto his right foot? It's only like he's never made a career of moving it onto his left? Even Diaz continued to cut in and we kept letting them go. Yilmaz is more attacking, we showed we are actually a better team when we attack, so we've got St Mirren at home, let's attack

Usually cuts back looking for Kent

Crazy the money we have spent on him and hes not been given a chance .
Could have sworn we’ve seen him.

Could have sworn the manager said last week that he had taken quite a while to settle into any kind of form/ suitable level

I’d change the left side completely with Ridvan and Matondo replacing Borna and Kent. I don’t rate Matondo but he actually looked decent when he came on last night and Kent needs a boot up the arse. With Yilmaz, to spend the amount of money we have on a player that doesn’t appear to get a look in is baffling.
Play Moro do on the left he looks better there

There's little point in persisting with Barisic and his fluctuations between absolute cowardice and slightly above average.

The only conclusion is that Yilmaz is so bad in training the manager can't trust him in games.

There's little point in persisting with Barisic and his fluctuations between absolute cowardice and slightly above average.

The only conclusion is that Yilmaz is so bad in training the manager can't trust him in games.
Manager said as much

It was stated that the player liason is helping him settle in. I.e finding a flat, adapt to area and culture, language etc. He has apparently shown well in training.

I have feeling that he will get more game time just this has been an adaptability period.

It was stated that the player liason is helping him settle in. I.e finding a flat, adapt to area and culture, language etc. He has apparently shown well in training.

I have feeling that he will get more game time just this has been an adaptability period.
I hope so.

New blood at LB is overdue.

Looking forward to seeing what this lad can bring. Borna was playing out of his skin during the start of the season and has been getting pass marks so it's hard to drop him. But I think Gio will feel justified in playing Yilmaz now.

Probably play at the weekend then dumped to the bench for Liverpool and Motherwell.

Just not getting the chance and the man ahead of him right now is far from on top form.

he should start every week and should have been all season. Borna has done better, but Ridvan is surely a better player and he's not going to settle in without game time.

Why have we spunked the majority of our budget on a player, that doesn’t play. Fucking stupidity
"Project / one for the future/ We never signed him for 5 weeks, we signed him for 5 years"....

Or maybe we just fecked up and are now hiding behind this newly invented one for the future fairytale. I still won't be surprised if he's back home in Turkey come January.

I keep hearing Borna is playing well.

Hes been a starter for a while now and cant remember a goal that hes made.

Rarely makes overlapping runs and always wants to go back. Goes missing for the big games.

Id like to see Ylimaz get a few full games under his belt and challenge him.

Teams have worked out how to combat our fullbacks even in Scotland it was no surprise a team like Liverpool would stop what we do and make the players look very average.
I would like to see Yilmaz start just to give the opponents pause for thought.
What difference would he have made last night?
The answer is none.
He'll get his chance.

I wouldn't be under estimating St Mirren on Saturday they are going well and will be right up for this game trying to beat us after the scum result. Strongest team out for me and only change when comfortable as the league is our priority.
Agree mate but he has to start games and Barisic is not playing out his skin anyway.

I would like to see more of him but he's a young guy on a 5 year contract. If people think it is best to ease him in then fair enough.

I keep hearing Borna is playing well.

Hes been a starter for a while now and cant remember a goal that hes made.

Rarely makes overlapping runs and always wants to go back. Goes missing for the big games.

Id like to see Ylimaz get a few full games under his belt and challenge him.

Turn back pass to CB x 106

Managers instructions not really his fault?

What I managed to see of the game, sums up Borna, he gives opposing players plenty of space to make their mind up, whether to shoot or cross, in Europe it’s very noticeable. Although he’s upped his game domestically, this is because the class of player is poorer, time for a change!

From the outside looking in a player who didn't want to leave his last club and he's homesick struggling to adjust

This boys gonna need time and patience

Also it should have been scouted he would probably feel this way

Worst player on the park by a country mile and that's saying something. You could tell by the look on his face he knew it too.

Anyone having a go at certain players, but missing out JL, must either have a blind spot when it comes to him, or an agenda against others.

He was horrible, and resorted to just kicking the ball up in the air well before the end.

He’s just had a break too before Tynecastle yet he looks tired.

Worrying.

I wouldn't be under estimating St Mirren on Saturday they are going well and will be right up for this game trying to beat us after the scum result. Strongest team out for me and only change when comfortable as the league is our priority.

Yes, luckily one of their wingers saw red, but seemingly they are very aggressive as a unit with pacy wingers.

With the reaction of many on here, the weekend is potentially a banana skin for us if St Mirren hold out for 25/30 minutes.

After the peadodome last season and shitbaggery where calum mcgregor called him a s*itebag live on sly sports. He was finished for me.

Yilmaz will give us positivity and aggression, will to get forward link up play i feel we are missing.
We don't know anything about Yilmaz but the signs are not promising, he had one of the worst debuts I have seen for a Rangers player but I will reserve judgement but not looking good when Borna is keeping him out the team
Also, I have big concerns about his lack of inches and physicality

Borna’s been okay so far this season, last night aside. That shouldn’t stop one of our bigger money signings from starting, who you’d expect to be better than just ‘okay.’ For the money spent you’d expect him to be starting and improving our first team.

Back