Foderingham is OUT for Sunday

WeAr3Th3Pe0ple

According to the DR...

Rangers suffer Wes Foderingham blow as goalkeeper is ruled out of Celtic clash
The Ibrox No 1 could also miss the rest of the season with a shoulder injury that kept him out of Sunday's win over Hearts.

Rangers have suffered an Old Firm hammer blow after keeper Wes Foderingham was ruled out of Sunday’s potential title decider.

Record Sport understands the Light Blues No 1 will remain sidelined with the long-standing shoulder issue which kept him out of Sunday’s win over Hearts - and could see him missing the rest of the season.

Under fire Ibrox boss Graeme Murty will turn to Jak Alnwick, who made his first Premiership start of the campaign during a 2-1 weekend victory over the Tynecastle side which leaves only untried Liam Kelly as back-up from the bench.

It’s yet another unwelcome headache for Murty who had hoped Foderingham would be available for the Celtic Park showdown but the Englishman isn’t prepared to risk inflicting further damage to an injury which has plagued him for the majority of this campaign.

To be honest they have sussed out that if you hit it low in the corner he is not getting down to it. Not that Alnwick looks convincing either

Jesus, i hope we go with Kelly rather than Alnwick who i think is woeful, his kick outs are like Krusty the Klown is taking it.

To be fair Wes was poor against them in every game he makes his goal so open and easy to score into but constantly running out and bejng off his line also takes an age to get down for low shots.

We'v barely got to see much of Alnwick. Never easy for a keeper to stay sharp with such limited game time.

He had a blinder in the cup match against Partick, so here's hoping he has a day like that again.

Yup that sounds like Wes is offski and being protected to ensure we get maximum bang for our bucks back or potentially already been sold.

Wonder if this is the old “I’m no risking injury cause I’m being punted” tactic.

If it’s a good fee and we have a good replacement lined up then grand but I sincerely hope we don’t get shortchanged.

We'v barely got to see much of Alnwick. Never easy for a keeper to stay sharp with such limited game time.

He had a blinder in the cup match against Partick, so here's hoping he has a day like that again.

Agree with this.
Has anyone seen enough of Alnwick to make an informed judgement on him?

Jesus, i hope we go with Kelly rather than Alnwick who i think is woeful, his kick outs are like Krusty the Klown is taking it.

To be fair Wes was poor against them in every game he makes his goal so open and easy to score into but constantly running out and bejng off his line also takes an age to get down for low shots.
Not sure I'd like to see Kelly hung out to dry on his debut at parkhead mate

Think that's the last we have seen of Wes.

We need to upgrade any position that provides an opportunity. Mcgregor currently is a huge upgrade on Wes.

If this is the case, I would thank Wez for his efforts and wish him all the very best

Huge hyperbole deployed in the above statement, I suspect McGregor would be made to look considerably less impressive than Wes behind the desperately poor defences inflicted on the latter.

Wes is better at crosses, better with the ball at his feet and I suspect behind the kind of defences McGregor played with a better shot stopper. He’s also a good few years younger and generally less injury prone than our former keeper.

Personally I think 6’ 1” is on the short side for a modern keeper and if both have a core weakness it’s their lack of dominance at crosses...I shall reiterate, Wes is a better keeper than McGregor and would surely benefit from the provision of a much better defence than he has had inflicted on him thus far.

The time and space afforded to opponents in around our box is scandalous and leaves Wes way to exposed.

Huge hyperbole deployed in the above statement, I suspect McGregor would be made to look considerably less impressive than Wes behind the desperately poor defences inflicted on the latter.

Wes is better at crosses, better with the ball at his feet and I suspect behind the kind of defences McGregor played with a better shot stopper. He’s also a good few years younger and generally less injury prone than our former keeper.

Personally I think 6’ 1” is on the short side for a modern keeper and if both have a core weakness it’s their lack of dominance at crosses...I shall reiterate, Wes is a better keeper than McGregor and would surely benefit from the provision of a much better defence than he has had inflicted on him thus far.

The time and space afforded to opponents in around our box is scandalous and leaves Wes way to exposed.
I think maybe you have deployed huge hyperbole here mate. Wes is nowhere close to being as good a shot stopper as Mcregor. Case in point below. BIG game, BIG save. McGregor done it time and again, fair enough he definitely did play with better defenders but I don't think Wes comes close to being as good as McGregor.

I think maybe you have deployed huge hyperbole here mate. Wes is nowhere close to being as good a shot stopper as Mcregor. Case in point below. BIG game, BIG save. McGregor done it time and again, fair enough he definitely did play with better defenders but you have to factor in that Wes is also playing against poorer opposition. I don't think Wes comes close to being as good as McGregor.

Not sure if it's a massive loss or not anymore. The more the season has went on, the less and less convinced I've been of Wes. Suspect at ANY low shot no matter how softly it's hit at him.

I think maybe you have deployed huge hyperbole here mate. Wes is nowhere close to being as good a shot stopper as Mcregor. Case in point below. BIG game, BIG save. McGregor done it time and again, fair enough he definitely did play with better defenders but I don't think Wes comes close to being as good as McGregor.

Was this not a while ago now I wondering how good he is now

If we win on Sunday it surely ranks as one of the greatest upsets in OF history.

Nope I remember having debates on FF in regards to the paucity of his handling of crosses and distribution. He was an decent shot stopper behind a very competent defence, but miles behind the likes of Goram and Klos. Wes hasn’t been afforded the luxury of playing in a really good Rangers side where the space in front of the defence is at a premium.

Wes is younger and approaching his peak, less injury prone and better in most facets than the 36 year old McGregor. Therefore suggesting McGregor to be a significant upgrade is hyperbole in my opinion.

I am never a big fan of the 'keeper lumping the ball up the park but I'd rather Jak does this every time he should do on Sunday and even then with some margin. Play it safe son.

Last edited:
Back