Lewis Ferguson at Bologna

Truelightblue

Had a decent game away to Napoli tonight, definitely a hard place to play which I'm sure we'll soon find out. Very fast paced and physical game.

Moved pretty well passed the ball about into good positions. Wasn't the best tracking back but still quite young.

Wonder if he'll be one to watch when his contract is up, I think next year

Had a decent game away to Napoli tonight, definitely a hard place to play which I'm sure we'll soon find out. Very fast paced and physical game.

Moved pretty well passed the ball about into good positions. Wasn't the best tracking back but still quite young.

He’s contracted to Bologna until 2026 mate, with a further years option.

Not seen any at all for a while. Thanks for the input though just another 15 years to go then

I'm sure there was one in the last month, but there was discussion about him in the Doig thread last week or the week before and you are very welcome :)

Lewis Ferguson is the only Scottish player I would have bought from our league, but FF wouldn’t agree with that. Head and shoulders above any other talent in this league. He’ll end up getting a bad injury and that’s when we’d come in. A joke.

yet strangely anonymous when he played against us, I don't remember too many stand out performances from him, if he played for Rangers he'd spend most of his time suspended

If he matures in to a player in Italy he's certainly worth a look at if he wants to come back to Scotland but good on the lad for wanting to try a league in a different Country

We’ll just need to take a better midfielder instead. His name won’t be Ferguson though so that’ll suck :(

Wouldn't even be on our radar on FF if he wasn't related to Derek or Barry

None of them are even the best Ferguson :))

dded6a992d23a7ce30ca95583beed9bc--glasgow-era.jpg

yet strangely anonymous when he played against us, I don't remember too many stand out performances from him, if he played for Rangers he'd spend most of his time suspended

If he matures in to a player in Italy he's certainly worth a look at if he wants to come back to Scotland but good on the lad for wanting to try a league in a different Country
Yeah too many players don’t have the balls to try elsewhere. I respect the lad for that. I don’t know why most Scottish players don’t have the balls to play abroad. Could make a fortune even if not that great. Look at Greg Stewart. Millionaire already.

As many of my previous posts will prove -
I desperately wanted Ferguson to be a Rangers player.
He'd be a an ever present in our midfield if he'd signed.
Sadly though, based on his Aberdeen days, there were too many trumpets on here mocking the possibility.
Good luck young Fergie - a B;uenose abroad.

Hopefully once he retires from the game the weekly Lewis Ferguson threads on here will stop because him signing for another team doesn't appear to have stopped them
He’ll just become one of those we should have went for when we had the chance which, and this bit will not be remembered, we didn’t have.
Unless you think upwards of £3m was a price worth paying.

He moved to Bologna in the summer, why on earth did you think his contract was up next year?

This post feels like a bait troll post :D

None of them are even the best Ferguson :))

dded6a992d23a7ce30ca95583beed9bc--glasgow-era.jpg

Loved this Fergie, but for me, Barry is the best Ferguson we've had to date.

Exactly what we're missing right now (both of them).

Derek was on talking about Lewis on the BBC thru the week. Sounds like the boy has a great attitude (unlike his Dad!), and is determined to make the most of the opportunity, to improve himself as a player. Good luck to the boy, hopefully back at Rangers, but no doubt it'll be the riches of the EPL if he's a success at Bologna.

Loved this Fergie, but for me, Barry is the best Ferguson we've had to date.

Exactly what we're missing right now (both of them).

Derek was on talking about Lewis on the BBC thru the week. Sounds like the boy has a great attitude (unlike his Dad!), and is determined to make the most of the opportunity, to improve himself as a player. Good luck to the boy, hopefully back at Rangers, but no doubt it'll be the riches of the EPL if he's a success at Bologna.
Derek will make sure his attitude is spot on, Barry owes a lot to Derek for keeping him on straight and narrow.

After Barry started getting a bit impatient, and developing an attitude at lack of first team games. Derek took him to Falkirk to see the difference, emphasising how great life are Rangers is and it’s an opportunity you have to make the most of.

Last edited:
Back