World Cup 2022 World Cup Betting Thread

£8Trixie on Richarlison, B Fernandes and Boyle to be top scorers for their countries. Possible £2,145 return with Betfair.

World Cup betting promotions are a con. Done one the other day and got caught out with the small print.

Today I thought I will try Hill’s and follow it to the letter. Put £1 on England and win £40 if they win, knew it would be bets. Small print said you must use a special code. Signed up, deposited my cash and went to bet. The page opened with a special bet England at evens and thought if I click that it will void the £40 promotion. Clicked the normal bet of £1 on England, think it was 4/7. Nowhere to enter the code so as a point of principle I messaged them.

Response - did you use the special link.
Me - how would a new customer know about a special link?
Response - as a goodwill gesture we have voided the initial bet you can now use the link.

First time users must be getting conned all over the place with these promotions.

Just stuck 40 quid on Ecuador and England double.

Also done a 1 quid account with odds of about 900/1 for the winners of tge first 12 games

Iran, Qatar & Saudi Arabia all to score 0 goals in group stages: 400/1 (£2)

Over 0.5 goals & 10+ booking points in every WC fixture: 200/1 (£5)

Argentina, Belgium & Brazil all to score 2+ goals in each of there 3 group matches: 100/1 (£20)

Lukaku missing first two games of the tournament with injury.

That’s three teams main strikers now missing parts of the tournament. Depay missing the opener, Lukaku missing the first two and Benzema missing the whole tournament.

@Number8 @BrooklynBlue I’ve done Alvarez @50/1 now

I got similar for Cody Gakpo. He’s playing well and now Depay is out for the opening game.

Given the schedule leading in to this tournament, I wonder if teams will utilise the squad a bit more, especially in the earlier games.

A couple of other outside bets:

Argentina/England Final 30/1
A goal in every group game 20/1.

The lower half of the draw seems very open.

Argentina to win and Neymar top scorer 125/1
Argentina to win and Messi top scorer 22/1

That's all I have on so far

Team top goalscorer bets could be worth a go with some recent injury news. Went for Gakpo, Kane, Messi, Mbappe, Nunez, and Mitrovic. 761/1. Odds seem far too big for that bet?

Team top goalscorer bets could be worth a go with some recent injury news. Went for Gakpo, Kane, Messi, Mbappe, Nunez, and Mitrovic. 761/1. Odds seem far too big for that bet?
Who’s that with mate?

I have done a dual forecast on some groups (basically both teams to qualify)...

Senegal & Netherlands
Argentina & Poland
France & Denmark
Belgium & Croatia
Portugal & Uruguay

16/1

I’ve got Qatar and Canada both to lose every game both 5/1.

Hills was singles only as I wanted to do the double also.
Reckon Qatar will nick a draw today - opening game usually a cagey affair.

Canada could surprise a few people. They had a great qualifying campaign and Davies and David are big threats going forward.

Brazil to win World Cup 10/3
Brazil v Portugal final 25/1
Ronaldo top scorer 12/1
Neymar golden ball 8/1

Netherlands and Qatar to advance from group 5/1
England and USA 13/10
Argentina and Poland 6/5
France and Denmark 2/5
Spain and Costa Rica 16/1
Morocco and Croatia 9/1
Brazil and Serbia 11/8
Portugal and Uruguay 4/6