Rangers being sued for £9.5m by Elite Sports (Hummel brand partner in UK)

What the folk is happening with this board? Let's hope at this AGM we will find out the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.as all good courtrooms would state.we should all vote against and not for?? And get shot of them all too.
Well hopefully King will be in attendance and you can ask him why he agreed to pay off Ashley twice and still need to pay him another £8m and as a result of that get the club sued for £9m by Hummel/Elite.

Wtaf??

In what other business would the directors etc that have overseen the amount of sh!tshows that we have had, and still be in their job role?

This board of directors needs culled.

I appreciate there will be more to it but we look bang to rights on this.

We entered into a contract and simply abandoned it within a few months as a breach to another contract left us unable to fulfil it.

Elite will rightly point to subsequent retail sales and claim that should have been us.

Hummel continued to make the strips for 2019/20 - why did this continue if it was clear we could not fulfil the contract?

It is worrying that what seem to be basic retail contracts for replica shirts, signed off by every other club in the land without a problem, are a never ending and expensive farce at Ibrox.
Exactly.

A retail deal should be easy with a club our size instead we get shafted every single time.

Serious competence questions hang over the current board, they were already there on the footballing side of thing and now this on top of the price fixing and ludicrous ongoing payments to SD.

Is this going to impact our managerial search? Less money available for compensation if the guy we want is already in work? Less money to promise the new guy as a transfer kitty? Shambles.

Also do these Elite chancers not still owe us millions?
Just one of many reasons it's likely they're changing their arm and we should await full facts.

Even if they did win even half of what they're claiming on very little basis...that'd be 4.5 million and they owe us around 3 million.

I'm not saying its not a shit show, but unlikely to be the shit show the headlines suggest.

The move to Castore didn't stop Elite trading under Rangers shops in Glasgow and Belfast. I wonder what sales were achieved during the months they were opened?

I wish the board enjoyed bringing the club forward as much as they do handing money over thanks to legal disputes. I'm sure if the Sydney Super cup think they lost out on money and can win some back they will be next to take the club to court. If the club have to pay anything of the sort in the title, heads have to roll. One costly legal dispute too many.

Just one of many reasons it's likely they're changing their arm and we should await full facts.

Even if they did win even half of what they're claiming on very little basis...that'd be 4.5 million and they owe us around 3 million.

I'm not saying its not a shit show, but unlikely to be the shit show the headlines suggest.
We lost that case to claim back the £2.8m as the judge referred to the Sports Direct case and said we shouldn't have been In the Elite Contract anyway so awarded against us

We are being sued, we’ve not lost and we’ve not been ordered to pay anything.

Significant numbers on here are defaulting to the worst case scenario
That's because when its a court case we normally end up owing millions.

You can't blame fans for worrying

How does every fucking thing end up with us being raped for cash.

Castore feck over Elite who in turn feck over Hummel how had previously fecked over Puma - Result Rangers are sued to pick up the bill.

Every bastard seems to make money out of selling our kits other than us.

Even mad Ahmed is in line for a £30m payout due to incompetence.

This needs sorted out now. Amateur hour once again.

Incidently, I'm not remotely panicked by this at all.

Its the last throw of the dice from a desperate company that we could drag out for a long time.

That's because when its a court case we normally end up owing millions.

You can't blame fans for worrying

I mean the last retailer who sued was worth billions & this one is literally a dumpster fire, so they can't be compared.

We can also demonstrate them failing to fulfil their obligations.

Stop panicking.

We lost that case to claim back the £2.8m as the judge referred to the Sports Direct case and said we shouldn't have been In the Elite Contract anyway so awarded against us
Which begs the point how can Hummel/ Elite sue us for a contract a court said we couldn’t continue.
My time lines may be out but we didn’t have a contract with Hummel running until now so how can they sue for lost earning beyond the contract we had ?

Which begs the point how can Hummel/ Elite sue us for a contract a court said we couldn’t continue.
My time lines may be out but we didn’t have a contract with Hummel running until now so how can they sue for lost earning beyond the contract we had ?

Because we still unlawfully broke our contract with them. I dunno though, I'm not a lawyer. Just a stab in the dark.

Undoubtedly this board are clearly cleaner and better than the spivs who they replaced, thats beyond question

However I did think we would be past all this soap opera drama when they replaced those charlatans

It’s a continuous pantomime at our club no matter what time of year it is

Why? Did you really think Hummel were going to just walk away?

The paid to be kit manufacturers & they sponsored the training ground as well.

Seemed strange to me they just packed up & left.

Who on the incumbent board were in situ back in 2018 when the Elite/Hummel deal was signed?
This appears to relate to the Elite -> Castore deal not the SD -> Elite deal.

edit: it's the SD -> Elite deal afterall

Every turn of events around these kit deals since 2012 has been a disaster for the club.
  • SD deal, say no more
  • Elite deal, entered into wrongly, breach of SD contract
  • Castore deal, apparently entered into wrongly matching terms with SD?
Whomever is behind these deals should all be given the boot.

Negligence every single step of the way meaning we have been operating with one arm tied behind our back.

Last edited:
We were told we couldnt sue Elite because it would have been a further breach of the contract we had to pay Ashley for.

It was nothing to do with Elite themselves.

Between those that have sat on our board in recent years, they’ve cost the club a fecking fortune

Easily over £10m in SD litigation / settlement
£1m memorial wall
Whatever it’ll cost us for the Oz friendly fiasco
£2.5m lost income from Elite / Hummel
£9.5m from Hummel now

And yet not one of them has lost their positions on the board through force

Utter disgrace
Or lost any there money they put in paid back with interest or in shares .

How many more terrible business dealings are we liable for ?.
To say it’s shambolic miss management from all involved past and present is an understatement it’s a disgrace absolutely sick of the whole f@cking financial soap opera

So if the club unlawfully broke the contract then the club should be suing whatever director, legal team agreed this, why should we suffer.

Back