Rangers being sued for £9.5m by Elite Sports (Hummel brand partner in UK)

No doubt we’ll hear through the usual puppets that this was all Dave King’s fault. Dave King is part of it but so were the majority of the current board - they need to be held accountable for their actions.
King told us everything was sorted with SD but years later (accounts released the other week) we had to pay out millions to SD

Did King also do the Elite deal?

Which begs the point how can Hummel/ Elite sue us for a contract a court said we couldn’t continue.
My time lines may be out but we didn’t have a contract with Hummel running until now so how can they sue for lost earning beyond the contract we had ?
Their 3 year deal that was ripped up by a court was up until 2021

I'm getting sick to the back teeth with all of this. It's just one drama after another with no end in sight. I thought we had dealt with Hummel and Elite when we signed up to Castore! Who's going to come out of the woodwork next to bite us? One thing's for sure, it's no mean feat being a Rangers' supporter!

Who exactly gives legal advice to the Rangers board The three stooges?

Guaranteed the minute we hand out yet another pile of cash to this mob something else will come along and we'll be back here again inside two years.

This is exactly why this board needs to stand down they are utterly out of their depth trying to run a football club.

So if the club unlawfully broke the contract then the club should be suing whatever director, legal team agreed this, why should we suffer.
Let’s be honest it’s the fans that have had to pay for their god awful decisions the last 6 years or so. Be it Pedro, Sports Direct, Elite/Hummel, Gio, countless court cases, memorial gardens and no doubt some sort of fine for breaching the contract for Sydney. The club is a shambles and Park should step aside and let someone else run the club. He can then go back to his beloved Hearts.

We were told we couldnt sue Elite because it would have been a further breach of the contract we had to pay Ashley for.

It was nothing to do with Elite themselves.
Ok , so we didn’t receive payment from Elite because the contract was in fact illegal yet they are looking for comp for that illegal contract.

Rather think it’s a fishing expedition by corporate lawyers because the company in in receivership.
Offer them a penny in the pound.

this is just like some american day time soap with more and more unbelievable plot lines.

just waiting for the shark to appear that we are going to jump over.

:(

Could all just be hysterical pish from the sun trying to incite panic within the supoort.

Another £10 million hole in the accounts will set us back years & it’ll be Celtic that gets to 56 before us.

Is this the true cost of Dave King getting rid of Ashley? Will be about £20 million lost by the time we are done.
Even then I doubt we'll be done. I think we are somehow tied up ad infinitum - I wouldn't be surprised to see us in court with Castore a few years down the line while we are wearing Kappa gear.

There's probably a reason Adidas and Nike haven't been anywhere near us despite the numbers we bring in sales.

It is worrying that what seem to be basic retail contracts for replica shirts, signed off by every other club in the land without a problem, are a never ending and expensive farce at Ibrox.
£8m was it to Ashley, now a claim for £9m to Elite/Hummel. OK some down to spivs but FFS. The Elite/Hummel deal was meant to be our way out.

King told us everything was sorted with SD but years later (accounts released the other week) we had to pay out millions to SD

Did King also do the Elite deal?
I’m not doubting for one second that King is as culpable as the current board. I’m sure it’s pretty safe to say King, Park, Bennet and Robertson were all complicit in this absolute shit show with SD and Elite.

Ok , so we didn’t receive payment from Elite because the contract was in fact illegal yet they are looking for comp for that illegal contract.

Rather think it’s a fishing expedition by corporate lawyers because the company in in receivership.
Offer them a penny in the pound.
No

We should have allowed Ashley to match it and because we didnt the judge agreed with Sports Directs lawyers that we couldn't pursue the missing Elite money because it would be a further breach of not allowing them to match.

Part of that Sports Direct legal case early on we were effectively made to stop promoting the Elite deal fully.

Elite are suing us because they are arguing that our boards incompetence has cost them money.

Last edited:
I have no confidence whatsoever that we have heard the last about the shambles that was the game in Australia against them.

A shambles from top to bottom.
Let’s be honest with our legal team even if we are in the right, we’d probably lose and pay the organisers million of pounds.

I’ll await heart n hands take on this before I lose my shit.
You’ll await the club fed take on events?

Threads weren’t getting deleted willy nilly on here when it was claimed the SD compo was running at around £8m.

Fan media is good for the most part, until the club use them as their unofficial spokesperson. I’m sick and tired of the club fed lines.

The Rangers board need removed asap. They are not fit for purpose and are damaging the club.

This is the same board that have improved our turnover considerably, navigated us through 2 disastrous covid years and, in some cases, provided loans to keep the lights on in exchange for equity.

Are they perfect - no
Have they made mistakes - yes

The assumption this is yet another f*ck-up is jumping the gun.

The board will remain silent as well of course.
We’ll get a puff piece from Bennet in a couple of months behind a paywall talking to us as if we are stupid about how the club are “best in class”. Then he’ll also tell us about how we are “spoiled” that we’ve won two trophies in eight years under them.

It's a desperate last throw from elite before they go bust. We won't pay a penny would be my guess. Il certainly not be panicking about it just now.

You’ll await the club fed take on events?

Threads weren’t getting deleted willy nilly on here when it was claimed the SD compo was running at around £8m.

Fan media is good for the most part, until the club use them as their unofficial spokesperson. I’m sick and tired of the club fed lines.
I’m an absolute massive fan of Heart and Hand and believe David Edgar has similar views to the majority of us - he doesn’t do the boards bidding for them on matters that will negatively affect the club. I truly believe that as was shown with the Sydney stuff. Same can’t be said for other puppets though who regularly spout their propaganda and nonsense for them.

The club would have known about this.

But the term hamstrung is under used on here, we're bleeding money due to incompetence.
This is what Robertson meant. When you regularly %^*& up your merchandising deals, the CL money isn't the pot of gold everyone says it is.

They had to find a way out of the constraints of Ashley. This is maybe just what it costs. Hopefully this is the last of the legacy issues.

£8m was it to Ashley, now a claim for £9m to Elite/Hummel. OK some down to spivs but FFS. The Elite/Hummel deal was meant to be our way out.

Plus £3m directly to Ashley in 2017 which was supposed to be his final payment and legal costs for the case before that.

Add in Cinch and multiple other nonsense legal cases and it's probably not far off £30m flushed down the pan over the last several years if we lose this case.

Back