Dominic Ball urges Michael Beale to make Lee Wallace Rangers coach

Wallace along with McCulloch stuck with the club in our turbulent period - both have some coaching experience- despite the emotional attachment I don’t think either are ready to take on monumental task of coaching Rangers

Wallace along with McCulloch stuck with the club in our turbulent period - both have some coaching experience- despite the emotional attachment I don’t think either are ready to take on monumental task of coaching Rangers

I loved big Jig but he was never finding another club who would have paid him the money we were. He went down just to see out the rest of his career with ease on a tidy sum.

Wallace did make the sacrifice as he would have easily made more elsewhere.

Did you miss the experienced Dutch staff that cost us a fortune and made the square root of f@ck all of a difference or “best in his field” Bowles who for a psychologist presided over some of the worst morale I’ve seen in a Rangers team?
important word there is "Dutch". I say no more

I loved big Jig but he was never finding another club who would have paid him the money we were. He went down just to see out the rest of his career with ease on a tidy sum.

Wallace did make the sacrifice as he would have easily made more elsewhere.
Lee is also one of the biggest bluenoses you’ll ever meet. I fully believe he would’ve stayed anyway.

I'd be happy for Wallace to return. He's been involved in coaching and a lot of players who were with us at the time talk about how influential and professional he was.

Used to play for the club.

I don't care for his coaching experience, its nowhere near the level we require. Not walking into a Rangers job having been involved with the Kelty Hearts under 20's - and before Gerrard is brought up, it's not similar in any way.
He's only just retired from playing, you can't expect the guy to have been coaching at the top level whilst still having a playing contract.
The fact he's always shown an interest in the coaching side of the game is positive yes?

I like Wallace but there is no compelling reason to consider him for a coaching position. I’m not against it but surely there are much more experienced coaches who have a workimg knowledge of the club and the league?

He's only just retired from playing, you can't expect the guy to have been coaching at the top level whilst still having a playing contract.
The fact he's always shown an interest in the coaching side of the game is positive yes?

He can work his way up. There are many ex-players out there who show an interest in becoming a coach/manager. Doesn't mean they are the best option. If he didn't have connections to the club, he wouldn't' even be mentioned.

McCann, Thomson, Wallace. I just don't see the clamor.

Was at the club for a while. Is an ex pro. Has played in England and internationally. Knows the standards to be a success at Rangers.

I’ll ask you. Why not?
I never disagreed, just wanted to know why you think he merits a coaching role. I assume we're taking about the first team too?

I don’t see the problem with appointing Lee or Kevin Thomson.
Good to have people around the club that can overlap between managers coming and going.

Ad really like beale if hes the next manager to bring culshaw back.
I have been saying the same for a while. Never mind Stevie G, Mick B or Gio and Vos, our set pieces are mince since Tom left, we can’t score from corners or defend any set piece around our box!

I have been saying the same for a while. Never mind Stevie G, Mick B or Gio and Vos, our set pieces are mince since Tom left, we can’t score from corners or defend any set piece around our box!
We don't have any height or strength. That certainly helps but that's another thread.

Back