Striking position under Beale

jb_sow

I'm not convinced Colak will fit the style of play.

Under Gerrard we asked a lot of our main striker; drop deep, switch play, hold it up and ultimately get on the end of a cross/through ball.

Morelos was great at it, however recent history tells us that Beale would be crazy to rely on him.

Could Tillman play that number 9 role? The youth coaches at Bayern certainly believed so.

Under Gerrard we asked a lot of our main striker; drop deep, switch play, hold it up and ultimately get on the end of a cross/through ball.

Morelos was great at it, however recent history tells us that Beale would be crazy to rely on him.

Could Tillman play that number 9 role? The youth coaches at Bayern certainly believed so.

Tillman doesn't have the workrate. Beale might change that right enough.

Tillman? You’ve obviously not watched him, work rate is miles off what’s required for that role

Tillman? You’ve obviously not watched him, work rate is miles off what’s required for that role

I've watched him plenty.

He is a smart presser in the final third (see PSV away).

He might not look "busy" when played in midfield, but he wouldn't be asked to do that as the main striker. It's a different type of work rate.

Colak is a good finisher but his all round game isn't good enough, often enough. Plan was just hoof it in from Barisic and hope he got on the end of something. Don't think it's any coincidence how poor we are to watch with him mainly leading the line.

Morelos has done f*ck all to deserve a starting place, new manager or not.
It’s what is best for Rangers moving forward. None of us will be complaining if Beale, or whomever, comes in and 1) plays a formation that suits Alfie and 2) gets him fit and motivated.

Given the form of Alfie for the majority of the time under Gerrard/Beale, that is not beyond the realms of possibility.

The knock on effect (should we sign Alfie to a new contract) is that we turn a player into a sellable asset once again.

Rangers aren’t in a position to just cut loose a player of Morelos’ ability. As frustrating as he has been this year, there are greater problems in the squad to tackle terms of getting rid and replacing with new players.

I would argue the same goes for Kent, and he has pissed me off more than Alfie. We know it’s in him, and there is potential to once again get him firing, be part of a trophy winning squad, to then make money on him down the road.

It is players like Davis, McGregor, Arfield, Helander, Roofe, Hagi, Souttar etc etc that we need to deal with. That is where recruitment seriously needs to target.

Alfie has shown so much disrespect for our club. Regardless of your spat with the manager or perceived gripe he should have stayed fit and made himself strong. He did neither and worse when he did get his chance he was worse than a man short. I love a fit and eager Alfie but if you’re not fighting for our club you can %^*& off elsewhere.

I hope Beale ends the Alfie circus asap. Out the door in Jan and move swiftly on thanks.
We seem to be continually waiting on something with him. Get fit, recover from injury, come back from International’s, return from suspension, come out the fckn huff.

All he has to do first game is tap it in, knee slide and thump the badge and all is forgiven. Works for him every time.

Colak has shown glimpses of being able to do it, however you’ve got to remember Gio want his strikers up top and in the box not out and around it.

So if Beale wants him to do more, I’m sure he can do it.

Colak has done well, but to be honest i’m not a fan and he went through a spell of massively over performing

Morelos has been a disgrace since he came back from injury, for me he's checked out already, can Mick get some fire back into him? Who knows but Morelos should be ashamed of himself.

Colak has shown glimpses of being able to do it, however you’ve got to remember Gio want his strikers up top and in the box not out and around it.

So if Beale wants him to do more, I’m sure he can do it.
Yep, is able to be more mobile and cover more distance, and this is being strangely overlooked on this thread.

Remember Morelos has been back home sunning himself so probably whacked on another stone or even 2? Colak is our only option so the new manager asuming it’s Beale will need to figure out a system to get the best out of him.

This will be interesting to see. Roofe is never fit, Morelos hasn’t kicked his arse in months and doesn’t look remotely fit, Čolak is not a lone striker.

Beale has already complained about a lack of striking options at QPR and has tried a number of solutions - Dykes up on his own, a front three with the two wide men playing extremely narrow. He’s used Willock, Chair almost as a second striker. Played Roberts off the right and through the middle with Dykes.

Čolak
Kent Tillman
Barišić———————————-Tavernier
We’ll see a lot more of this. Full backs being asked to play higher up the park, wide men playing a bit further in and supporting the striker. Arfield in there behind Lundstram/Jack/Davis/Kamara. QPR get bodies into the box.

Morelos is the obvious choice if Beale can get him fit and motivated. It’s up to Alfie really.

I’m hoping both Alfie and Kent see this as a fresh start, knuckle down and sign new deals.
I’m a cut my own nose off type, so I don’t even want Alfie training with the first team. Let him eat and drink what he wants while he trains on his own and runs down his conetract.

Tillman is a loan and for me he's not done enough to justify a fee or to be given the responsibility of being a Rangers striker

This will be interesting to see. Roofe is never fit, Morelos hasn’t kicked his arse in months and doesn’t look remotely fit, Čolak is not a lone striker.

Beale has already complained about a lack of striking options at QPR and has tried a number of solutions - Dykes up on his own, a front three with the two wide men playing extremely narrow. He’s used Willock, Chair almost as a second striker. Played Roberts off the right and through the middle with Dykes.

Čolak
Kent Tillman
Barišić———————————-Tavernier
We’ll see a lot more of this. Full backs being asked to play higher up the park, wide men playing a bit further in and supporting the striker. Arfield in there behind Lundstram/Jack/Davis/Kamara. QPR get bodies into the box.
Interesting, I thought he might play Tillman slightly further back. You're probably right though to put him there.

Nothing like it
Course it is, the team is pish at the moment, saying he has pretty much the highest ball recovery rate in that team
Is nothing to be proud of. His work rate isn’t good enough, end of.

And it sounds like you would be happy to waste £4m on this guy

I honestly think he'll go with who he knows and Morelos, with Kent, will start upfront
Hope not or Beale can **** off too.
I genuinely think we should give Tillman a chance.
Maybe with a decent coach he can be great for us, certainly has potential.

Remember Morelos has been back home sunning himself so probably whacked on another stone or even 2? Colak is our only option so the new manager asuming it’s Beale will need to figure out a system to get the best out of him.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and pretty much guarantee that after 2 weeks away, Morelos will not return 1 - 2 stones heavier than when he left.

I think there’s a really good chance we might end up with a Scottish international striker depending on his price Tag as he can play the position perfectly for the way Beale wants too.

There’s no bigger fan of Alfie than me however he has let himself and the fans down this season massively.

He looks like he needs to shed two stone which in todays game is an unacceptable disgrace. A firm manager wouldn’t it have had him near the match day squad the size he is.

If Beale can motivate Alfie to shed the weight then we might be onto something however it’s a big if.

I've watched him plenty.

He is a smart presser in the final third (see PSV away).

He might not look "busy" when played in midfield, but he wouldn't be asked to do that as the main striker. It's a different type of work rate.
He doesn’t look “busy” because he’s lazy . He’s not at Bayern probably because of this and his too causal approach. He can still make but only if he changes radically

I honestly think he'll go with who he knows and Morelos, with Kent, will start upfront
Well then he may keep his stuff in the cardboard boxes to save him packing it up at the end of the season when he gets the sack if that's what his plan is.

Morelos needs to go in this window and let Beale use them wages to get a bit of quality in to turn this around.

Gio played a system that the wide men never got close to the striker. Kent and whoever on the right was to wide. Under gerrard and beale we played 2 number 10s. A think colak will be ideal for us with the 2 playing behind him closer and not so isolated

Alfie’s time at Rangers is over imo. He’s a good player but lacks in other areas to be our top striker. This is what concerns me a bit with Beale. He’ll need to be ruthless with some guys who were stalwarts during 55.

Hes let us down so many times now, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was still sitting on that beach sipping cocktails by the time we play Hibs.

Id rather have a striker who can finish his chances in Colak than a less than fit morelos who looks like he couldnt be bothered, colaks not the best out of the box but maybe we will have the wide men play closer to him and that will help with that.

Back