Striking position under Beale

Someone new I’d think. Some of current incumbents (colak aside) are an embarrassment to the club and themselves.
True mate a new manager new start the old guard must be moved on Morelos , Kent , kamara , Davis & McGregor never to play again to start with also unload the walking injured .

We’re winning nothing with either Colak or Morelos up front. Both are miles short of what’s required.

Colak is a tidy finisher but you can’t have a Rangers centre forward that touches the ball 4/5 times in a match. He’s a back up striker.

The fact that he’s currently a better option than Morelos just shows how much of disgrace Alfredo Morelos actually is.
If colak scores 25 league goals this season, in what way would he be an issue with regards to us winning anything? He's literally excelled at what he's been brought in to do, put the ball in the back of the net.

We’re winning nothing with either Colak or Morelos up front. Both are miles short of what’s required.

Colak is a tidy finisher but you can’t have a Rangers centre forward that touches the ball 4/5 times in a match. He’s a back up striker.

The fact that he’s currently a better option than Morelos just shows how much of disgrace Alfredo Morelos actually is.
Colak need s better service
Remember Super Ally against Dundee in cup at first was being told where to go
Colak loyal

Colak is a good finisher but his all round game isn't good enough, often enough. Plan was just hoof it in from Barisic and hope he got on the end of something. Don't think it's any coincidence how poor we are to watch with him mainly leading the line.
Morelos was coached into the role he played, he didn’t start like that. Beale will develop Colak’s game.

He'll try and revitalise Morelos, by telling him, 'it's you and me against the world, kid'.

When that fails, he'll go with our current best option - unless funds are released to buy a Shankland.

Whoever the new manager is, I sincerely hope they do what they can to get rid of Alfie in January for a fee. Despite how shite he's been this season it would be criminal to let him go for nothing in the Summer, but nonetheless we need to move him on.

I think our biggest challenge in getting any new manager in will be convincing them that they'll have the resources they need to resurrect any semblance of a title challenge this season.

As well as moving on from Alfie can we also move on from thinking either Shankland and Dykes good enouigh to play up front for Rangers

Millions? What source are you taking that from? Just asking.

Check out all of the facilities he’s built for his charity back home - pitches, schools, uniforms etc. Also employees over 20 people. It’s actually incredible what he’s done - especially compared to most other footballers.

There’s a good photo of the facilities at the bottom of the Missions page. It’s like a mini Auchenhowie.

Morelos is still the best striker at Rangers, IMO. He just doesn't look in interested

Needs to pull himself together and get fit.
Still the best striker when fit and interested imo also but he’s let us down that many times I’d rather move him on asap

For me, it would be an immediate concern if one of Beale's first moves is to reinstate Morelos and make him the focal point of our attacking game as a few have suggested here. I'd be happy if proved wrong and we got a fit Morelos with the right attitude and - most importantly - capable of weighing in with the kind of goals tally that can win leagues. But honestly, I don't see it happening, and I wouldn't be putting a player at the heart of my plans who could be walking in the summer.

You're right, he's had multiple ups and downs since 2019.

Personally, I'm sick of it. He's burned through all the credit he had in the bank.
All about opinions, we need a player of that ilk to play the system Beale will play so we get him sharp and back or we teach Colak to become a completely different striker or we spend Money to replace him. That’s my thoughts on the reality.

Morelos was in a shocking state before he was given a two week holiday. His contract is running down and his attitude is crap most of the time, time to move on.

It’s what is best for Rangers moving forward. None of us will be complaining if Beale, or whomever, comes in and 1) plays a formation that suits Alfie and 2) gets him fit and motivated.

Given the form of Alfie for the majority of the time under Gerrard/Beale, that is not beyond the realms of possibility.

The knock on effect (should we sign Alfie to a new contract) is that we turn a player into a sellable asset once again.

Rangers aren’t in a position to just cut loose a player of Morelos’ ability. As frustrating as he has been this year, there are greater problems in the squad to tackle terms of getting rid and replacing with new players.

I would argue the same goes for Kent, and he has pissed me off more than Alfie. We know it’s in him, and there is potential to once again get him firing, be part of a trophy winning squad, to then make money on him down the road.

It is players like Davis, McGregor, Arfield, Helander, Roofe, Hagi, Souttar etc etc that we need to deal with. That is where recruitment seriously needs to target.
However we are in that position as Ross Wilson has allowed two assets to run down their contracts.

If he goes with Morelos his time in management will be short-lived.

I don't think Beale will be that daft and he will look to sign another striker.

We seem to be continually waiting on something with him. Get fit, recover from injury, come back from International’s, return from suspension, come out the fckn huff.

All he has to do first game is tap it in, knee slide and thump the badge and all is forgiven. Works for him every time.

If you criticise him on here you're labelled as a "Morelos hater".

Check out all of the facilities he’s built for his charity back home - pitches, schools, uniforms etc. Also employees over 20 people. It’s actually incredible what he’s done - especially compared to most other footballers.

There’s a good photo of the facilities at the bottom of the Missions page. It’s like a mini Auchenhowie.
Green Balloon's

Cmon Alfie have a word FFS B-)

If he’s looking to impose standards than Morelos in his current physical state can be nowhere near the team.

Given Colak’s clear ability to score goals at this level a good manager will work out a way to use him

It’s what is best for Rangers moving forward. None of us will be complaining if Beale, or whomever, comes in and 1) plays a formation that suits Alfie and 2) gets him fit and motivated.

Given the form of Alfie for the majority of the time under Gerrard/Beale, that is not beyond the realms of possibility.

The knock on effect (should we sign Alfie to a new contract) is that we turn a player into a sellable asset once again.

Rangers aren’t in a position to just cut loose a player of Morelos’ ability. As frustrating as he has been this year, there are greater problems in the squad to tackle terms of getting rid and replacing with new players.

I would argue the same goes for Kent, and he has pissed me off more than Alfie. We know it’s in him, and there is potential to once again get him firing, be part of a trophy winning squad, to then make money on him down the road.

It is players like Davis, McGregor, Arfield, Helander, Roofe, Hagi, Souttar etc etc that we need to deal with. That is where recruitment seriously needs to target.
Quite staggering that you have more of an issue with Kent than you do Morelos.

Beale's current opinion on Morelos would be interesting to hear, and I'm not sure we can gauge properly what those are just by guessing, either way.

Latest posts

Back