First changes new manager will make?

Severely limited options due to injuries but do we see any likelihood of Morelos/Colak partnership being tried?

Ridvan in at left back (if fit)?

McCrorie given chance in goals?
If its Beale he may well go tried and trusted.

Certainly until Summer Break.

McGregor will retain his place

As will Borna - who has been probably our most consistent performer across the season so far.

If its Beale he may well go tried and trusted.

Certainly until Summer Break.

McGregor will retain his place

As will Borna - who has been probably our most consistent performer across the season so far.

Does Borna have the legs to be the kind of fullback Beale likes though?

I agree that he's been one of our better players.

Fitness and set piece work will be immediate

Changes to the team will have to wait until January sadly

Severely limited options due to injuries but do we see any likelihood of Morelos/Colak partnership being tried?

Ridvan in at left back (if fit)?

McCrorie given chance in goals?
I dont get this Ridvan love in.

We keep hearing how unsettled he is and wants back to Turkey.

I would rather hear how committed he is and how much he wants to fight for a place.

20 good minutes against Dundee isn't what I would build my impression of him on

Ridvan wants away, our current left back is at the world cup.

What we need the new manager to do is get fitness levels tonan acceptable level. Get those basics right and build from there

When fitness levels are acceptable , then decide what changes in playing staff need made

I could be wrong but I think we will see some players come back to fitness (and retain their fitness) far quicker than had GvB still been the manager.

Beale will get the players on board

I would rather hear how committed he is and how much he wants to fight for a place.

He’s literally just come out and said he wants to stay and doesn’t want to return to Turkey!!

In short, you have just made that post up!!

Can’t happens to January but I would want a bit more physicality in the team. A centre half that could pop up with a few goals a season and a powerful striker/ midfielder to stand up to the SPL dross would be great

He needs to be decisive, ruthless, unsentimental and demonstrate that what players have done in the past counts for nothing.

Morelos binned in January.

Someone major needs binned in January if even to make the point that this squad is at an end and things are changing.

Whether it's Kamara or Morelos is irrelevant to me. Neither want to be here so get them gone.

The contract decisions on those OOC in six months is going to tell us an awful lot.

He’s literally just come out and said he wants to stay and doesn’t want to return to Turkey!!

In short, you have just made that post up!!
There have been constant stories, including this week, that he wants to go back to Galatasaray.

I accept that there has been a report this week 'slamming' this.

What we need the new manager to do is get fitness levels tonan acceptable level. Get those basics right and build from there

When fitness levels are acceptable , then decide what changes in playing staff need made

"Ridvan love in"

Why do people always make shit like this up? It's as bad as the 'fan club' patter.

People maybe just want to support our players and get behind them instead of being weird creeps that choke to bad mouth our players at any chance. Imagine that eh?

I don't think I have ever seen people give over the top praise to him never mind a general consesus of him being first choice in that position. Most people are fairly giving him a chance to see what he can do. He suffered an unfortunate injury and will give us a good option when is back. That's it.

Anyway I am just looking forward (if Beale is appointed) to getting back to being extremely well drilled and organised when it comes to our pressing. I remember seeing a movement map of our press in a European match and it was excellent. We need to see that return and preferably in every match.

"Ridvan love in"

Why do people always make shit like this up? It's as bad as the 'fan club' patter.

People maybe just want to support our players and get behind them instead of being weird creeps that choke to bad mouth our players at any chance. Imagine that eh?

I don't think I have ever seen people give over the top praise to him never mind a general consesus of him being first choice in that position. Most people are fairly giving him a chance to see what he can do. He suffered an unfortunate injury and will give us a good option when is back. That's it.

Anyway I am just looking forward (if Beale is appointed) to getting back to being extremely well drilled and organised when it comes to our pressing. I remember seeing a movement map of our press in a European match and it was excellent. We need to see that return and preferably in every match.
Everytime people call for Ridvan they are effectively slagging off Borna, who is at the WC. Why not get behind Borna?

Everytime people call for Ridvan they are effectively slagging off Borna, who is at the WC. Why not get behind Borna?

Or maybe they think Ridvan is a better option at LB.

But please, continue to tell us that calling for a guy who has been part of a back four that has been ripped to bits on multiple occasions this season to be replaed means they're slagging him off.

Borna's best days are behind him.

Or maybe they think Ridvan is a better option at LB.

But please, continue to tell us that calling for a guy who has been part of a back four that has been ripped to bits on multiple occasions this season to be replaed means they're slagging him off.

Borna's best days are behind him.
What are they basing this idea Ridvan is better on?

Borna is suffering as a result of the lack of fitness, same as our right back.

I don't know if that is true mate. Maybe some people have a preference for one over the other but I would hope that wouldn't mean they are slating the other one (although I guess that does happen with Colak/Morelos sometimes so you might be right)

It is a weird mindset to build up one player and slag the other.

Me personally I would get behind them both and whoever get's the start, just hope they give everything.

Tactically the biggest difference will be we will get more players in the box with the wide players much closer to the strikers.

I expect we will be fitter, more motivated and much better organised offensively and defensively at set pieces.

When the transfer market opens I expect he will have multiple players in mind to bring in that fit the system. GVB was far too passive with transfers and never stamped his own identity on the team

What are they basing this idea Ridvan is better on?

Borna is suffering as a result of the lack of fitness, same as our right back.
Borna is unreliable. His next mental collapse is in the post and I just hope it's not arriving on 2nd Jan.

He came out himself and said he was going nowhere, far from a love in from me but he has looked hungry and decent when seen and held his place before the injury. Borna for me being held as a baromometer if success this season is sad in itself, he has been a good servant but so negative and another who has served his time for me.

Most folk on here have an opinion on who should play but they re-inforce that choice by then slagging the opposite player.

Can we not like two players but prefer one over the other?

Borna is a safe player but does well when he plays, id much rather have Ridvan. Hes faster and more exciting to watch.

Hopefully in the long term new medical team,
New DoF,, end of contract for the permanently injured players,

In the summer a quality CB, RW, CM,

In the short term hopefully get Goldson, Lawrence Hagi and Jack playing asap

Someone major needs binned in January if even to make the point that this squad is at an end and things are changing.

Whether it's Kamara or Morelos is irrelevant to me. Neither want to be here so get them gone.

The contract decisions on those OOC in six months is going to tell us an awful lot.
I'd punt both. Kamara would be less of a statement. A lack of professionalism cannot be tolerated.

I'd actually also punt Borna in Jan if we got a couple million for him. We need to raise funds to reinvigorate this squad, and Kamara and Borna are the obvious options and aren't irreplaceable.

Really. What was Lundstram and Kamara doing v St Mirren then?
One of them was getting further forward…….

The problem is that the ball wasn’t moving quickly enough from defensive positions.

We might actually revert to holding midfield players under MB to give Kent a free role and to allow the wing back ms to play higher

I’ve said it since Gerrard became manager…..this squad needs a target man, even just to provide a different option

That’s the first time I’ve heard it suggested that if you think someone should be getting a game means you’re slagging someone else off.

Basics first, fitter and faster squad. More pressing and intensity out of possession, bin the horseshoe in possession.

Borna and Tav were a huge part of our attacking threat under Gerrard so I'd expect a similar style if it's Beale.

Other than that the new gaffer has to put his foot down and demand funds for players or else it's not going to work out.

We've got about 10 or so players in and around the first team that might potentially leave in the next six months or so. You can't hand any new gaffer £5m next summer and expect him to win titles and do well in Europe.

First thing I’d do is put my arm around Ryan Kent, tell him to forget the past, give him a free role, and tell him to play with a smile on his face again (well, metaphorically at least, due to him being a goth).

I’d also tell him that he’s crucial to our team and encourage him to sign a new deal.

And then I’d sell Alfredo Morelos in January for whoever is stupid enough to take him.
Once chance too many for that player.

Back