Training today

You don't have a manager operating and involved in training before letting the fans know.
My views are not dissimilar here. I would find that surprising. I've questioned if he was involved in training because I would assume he would only likely have been observing, at most. Views on here might indicate otherwise.

And I suggested he might have thought better to announce the news to the team before we as a club announce it publicly. I would imagine the club would like to announce with photos at Ibrox, rather than just a worded statement, and that would take time to put together after the announcement to the players.

Priority is the team. The manager has got to work right away. To me that’s what I want. It doesn’t bother me if I hear officially a couple of ours later.

The full back room team may be getting finalised so they can all be announced at once.
Doesn't really stand up to scrutiny no reason backroom staff need to be released at the same time.

Disagree the team are priority. That's the mentality the team have been operating with and it shows. The only thing that matters is the customers, players and the rest will come and go.

One training session isn't going to change anything especially if you just double up the next day or pull them in on a day off to cover.

Players should bend to the managers needs not the other way round.

There will be no real thinking behind it just usual operations at Rangers which lacks forethought, planning and connectivity throughout departments

Doesn't really stand up to scrutiny no reason backroom staff need to be released at the same time.

Disagree the team are priority. That's the mentality the team have been operating with and it shows. The only thing that matters is the customers, players and the rest will come and go.

One training session isn't going to change anything especially if you just double up the next day or pull them in on a day off to cover.

Players should bend to the managers needs not the other way round.

There will be no real thinking behind it just usual operations at Rangers which lacks forethought, planning and connectivity throughout departments

The players iirc train in the morning, so they have been told to report in the afternoon. Do you think this was the clubs decision or the new managers?

The back room team don’t need to be announced at the same time, but nothing wrong with having all in place before announcing.

The players iirc train in the morning, so they have been told to report in the afternoon. Do you think this was the clubs decision or the new managers?

The back room team don’t need to be announced at the same time, but nothing wrong with having all in place before announcing.
In all honesty think it will more likely be born from a lack of direction. No single voice with oversight over each department who would take command and dictate what's to occur and having put effective prioritising and pre planning in place. So it all ends up disjointed.

It's called a meeting. You speak to everyone at once. It's an introduction not a team briefing. He hasn't even met some of the players so how could he have a plan for them?

The media interviews do not need to be concluded before a statement or press conference

Training can be moved etc etc. You don't have a manager operating and involved in training before letting the fans know.

Nothing like priorities
Correct. There is NOTHING like priorities. Which for our team manager, is the team. Everything else can wait.

He will have recognised how much work is needing done and set about addressing it as priority 1. That’s what I want from my manager.

In all honesty think it will more likely be born from a lack of direction. No single voice with oversight over each department who would take command and dictate what's to occur and having put effective prioritising and pre planning in place. So it all ends up disjointed.

You are seeing things that aren’t there.

There is an obvious plan in place, the club and new manager driving it.

Because the club haven't told anybody he's our manager?
It's not been announced officially. It's hardly been a secret who is coming in and the staff have been fully aware.

Not a dig at you but we had people here and outside the support slaughtering Gio for not taking the semi final against Hibs when he'd been announced but was not allowed to due to waiting on a work permit.

Beale being in "early" should be seen as encouraging for all.

So we have a new manager literally at work today but haven't told anybody. Seems like a very Rangers thing to do at the moment! :))
Completely agree.

The Club are handling this transition in an appalling manner, and one indicative of the current level of contempt they seem to have for the supporter.

Correct. There is NOTHING like priorities. Which for our team manager, is the team. Everything else can wait.

He will have recognised how much work is needing done and set about addressing it as priority 1. That’s what I want from my manager.
If that was prioritised before announcing to fans first then it's misguided at best. Nothing would change by announcing first or training being delayed as a result. A simple message on website or twitter would suffice.

In no way should a simple training session be priority over customers. Especially for a company who already have well documented communication issues with customers.

If its planned it's so lacking in professionalism it's frightening

Why is it unprofessional, though, I don’t get it.

Just because it’s always been announced first doesn’t mean that is the right way to do it.

I think it’s good that the new manager has got down to work right away.

Would you prefer him wait till tomorrow so it can announced first?

If that was prioritised before announcing to fans first then it's misguided at best. Nothing would change by announcing first or training being delayed as a result. A simple message on website or twitter would suffice.

In no way should a simple training session be priority over customers. Especially for a company who already have well documented communication issues with customers.
You think a first session with new management when we are 9 points behind is a “simple session”
I’m afraid you and I see things very very differently.

See if a simple tweet had been made I suspect you would be on calling it unprofessional.

So we have a new manager literally at work today but haven't told anybody. Seems like a very Rangers thing to do at the moment! :))
The timing is perhaps awkward, with the squad arriving back today, and he may have regarded meeting the players are The main priority.

As long as the players know who the manager is and what’s expected of them the rest can wait.

There is absolutely no doubt who the new manager is only questions are over his back room staff.

Completely disagree, this team need to be working hard and if the manager has prioritised training them I'm delighted, that's a winners move right there

As long as the players know who the manager is and what’s expected of them the rest can wait.

There is absolutely no doubt who the new manager is only questions are over his back room staff.
Problem with that is the shareholders and fans are more important than the players.

If the club don't think shareholders and fans deserve to know who the manager is in a timely fashion then hell mend them come agm and resolution time. Not that this issue on its own would drive that but it gets harder and harder everyday to describe their actions as professional.

Looks like a rudderless ship on even the most basic of issues. Hearing through the grapevine that not only has a manager been put in place but has taken training is laughable.

Cmon can't seriously think it's normal practice for a well run company

Problem with that is the shareholders and fans are more important than the players.

If the club don't think shareholders and fans deserve to know who the manager is in a timely fashion then hell mend them come agm and resolution time. Not that this issue on its own would drive that but it gets harder and harder everyday to describe their actions as professional.

Looks like a rudderless ship on even the most basic of issues. Hearing through the grapevine that not only has a manager been put in place but has taken training is laughable.

The shareholders and fans "huf tae know !" ?

Completely disagree, this team need to be working hard and if the manager has prioritised training them I'm delighted, that's a winners move right there
Again has nothing to do with releasing a simple statement, the two aren't mutually exclusive. Its just an excuse for poor oversight and communication

My only concern was the new manager maximising the time during this break to work with the players.

That’s clearly happening and it gives us the best chance of rescuing the season and winning trophies, and that’s all I, as a ‘customer’, care about.

I would need to disagree.

He will have done all the interviews and photos and they will be editing it all to get ready for the announcement.

The fact hes there and decided to take the first session is a good thing IMO

If he was there but decided not to take a session till tomorrow as the media team hadnt finished the announcement folk would have been moaning like feck

He’s officially announced now so you can take the twist out your knickers.

I 100% don’t agree with a lot of what’s going on but taking the day to officially announce the manager isn’t really a big deal for me.

More of a big deal is he gets the team fit and organised and gets some of the rubbish out the door.

He also needs proper financial backing .

There’s no way you are serious?

The players are the product. Without a good product, customers and shareholders lose out.
He is here to manage the product, that’s his role.

There’s no way you are serious?

The players are the product. Without a good product, customers and shareholders lose out.
He is here to manage the product, that’s his role.
You can't seriously think a simple three line communication is difficult or in some way means a simple training session cannot be undertaken. Guess it's any excuse to cover incompetence. Very showing we have no head of communication or understand the importance.

Edit. Should have added the product is the brand not the players. The product doesn't leave with them.

There's always some caveat to something good relating to Rangers, now it's that the Manager got straight onto the training with players before an announcement. We play in just over a fortnight, so there's no real time to waste.

Im shocked, well I shouldnt be, that a new manager wanting to get to work straight away is in any way unprofessional, because its not been announced. We reach new lows tonight!

Maybe he kept schtumm to see the surprise on the players’ coupons and even who would be bothered turning up fit and ready to train

You can't seriously think a simple three line communication is difficult or in some way means a simple training session cannot be undertaken. Guess it's any excuse to cover incompetence. Very showing we have no head of communication or understand the importance.

Edit. Should have added the product is the brand not the players. The product doesn't leave with them.

Take your nonsense elsewhere as it’s all becoming a tad boring.

Back