Pele taken to hospital

My first World Cup on black and white TV, ,1958 Sweden.

Brazil won 5-2 in the Final against the home nation, a young Pele scored twice, one flick over his opponent in the box a la Lowry the other day and into the net.Probably on You Tube.

For me, just because of my memories as a youngster, still the greatest.

Best wishes to him, the black pearl.

Brazil won 5-2 in the Final against the home nation, a young Pele scored twice, one flick over his opponent in the box a la Lowry the other day and into the net.Probably on You Tube.

Yes it’s there, worth the watch. Forgot how good Garrincha was, the right winger, tremendous.

Not the first I remember this happening to him in last few years. Hope he’s ok.

What a footballer!!!

On a side note; just told the wife about it. “Is that a footballer?” came the reply :eek: FFS!! :D

He got booted up and down in 66 World Cup.

Only seen him playing for the Allies v Nazi Germany

An icon and legend
Speedy recovery Pele

Why did he not go to real madrid as all the big players apparently did then?
Brazilian legend Pele has confirmed that he nearly joined Real Madrid during his playing career. In a lengthy interview with Spanish news outlet, Marca, Pele explained his decision to reject Real Madrid.

When asked if he regretted never playing in Europe and thus missing out on winning the Ballon d'Or, Pele said "No, no, no. I didn't play outside of Brazil because I was very, very happy at Santos, I had the best 15-20 years of my life there.

I had plenty of other proposals and not just from Real Madrid either, but I was ok where I was."

To most football fans of the current generation, Pele's rejection of Real Madrid might come as a huge surprise. However, Santos were a fairly great team of their own accord, as Pele confirmed.

He noted that he had rejected other top clubs as well, saying "One offer came from Juventus, another from Napoli and even from Germany to play alongside Beckenbauer at Bayern Munich.

I wavered a little bit but I was enjoying my best moments at Santos, who, let's not forget, were also a great team."

In his entire career, Pele played for only two clubs - Santos and the New York Cosmos. From 1956 to 1974, Pele made 638 appearances for the Brazilian club, scoring a staggering 619 goals in that time.

The Brazilian legend then ended his career with a payday in the United States of America, turning out 56 times for the New York Cosmos, and scoring an impressive 31 goals in that spell.

Along with Diego the two best players ever.
Hope he gets better soon but I don't know how people could have him as the best ever.

He played his whole career in Brazil and America. In an era where teams played far more attacking so more goals being scored.

He won 3 WC's fantastic achievement but were the Brazil teams he played in not pretty special?

If he dies, put your house on Brazil winning the World Cup. It's just one of those things that happen.

Hope he gets better soon but I don't know how people could have him as the best ever.

He played his whole career in Brazil and America. In an era where teams played far more attacking so more goals being scored.

He won 3 WC's fantastic achievement but were the Brazil teams he played in not pretty special?
3 World Cups is a fantastic achievement but ……… hmmmm? And one at 16 ?

Santos during Pele’s time against European opposition was not bad to say the least.

If he is not number one with his record definitely in the top 3.

I am biased I would have him as number one.

Back