Ridvan Yilmaz

Gios_Gillet

So FF, what do we reckon will become of Ridvan, will he become another expensive waste and end up back in Turkey in a cut price deal, or has he come back revitalised ready to knuckle down after having a few weeks away and maybe having a few heart to hearts with family members. Could working with Beale get him going.

Last edited:
I've been sceptical but he did look good (for five minutes!) against Aberdeen. Very positive going forward - need to see his defensive capabilities though.

Impossible to say given he's barely played and has been out injured.

At QPR, Beale had Paal (left) and Laird (right) - two attacking full backs. He's spoken on taking the hand break off and playing a style that brings energy and excites the friends. I think that plays into Yilmaz hands.

Not sure when he's going to be fit and available but hopefully soon.

I don't think we've saw enough of him to say obviously different for the gaffer and staff who work with him is he decent defensively?

From what I have seen in his short apperances so far I think he can be the No1.

Not having a go at Borna but everything is a backwards pass which drives me crazy, Not sure if that is because there is no one offering availability ahead of him, loss in personal confidence or just the full team had no confidence.

Ridvan looks lively, has good energy and wants to driver forward

He’s already ruled that out himself saying that’s a backwards step in his career to do that and his only ambition is to keep moving forward by playing in europe and doing well
Where did you see this mate? That's a good bit of news, hopefully he's getting over any issues he had.

I think he'll develop under Beale.

It's really time for us to be integrating fresh legs into the playing group.

Too many players the wrong side of 30.
Kind of like what Beale already alluded to that some players after 55 probably should have moved on/been moved on. Yilmaz will get his opportunity I'm sure, he looks to have some terrific potential. Would be silly to write him off.

Where did you see this mate? That's a good bit of news, hopefully he's getting over any issues he had.

Ridvan Yilmaz has shut down speculation that he could leave Rangers.

The 21-year-old only joined the Ibrox side in the summer from Besiktas for a fee in the region of £4million. Yilmaz struggled to displace Borna Barisic at left-back with Giovanni van Bronckhorst preferring the Croatian international in his starting eleven.

The Turkish international has only started two games in the Scottish Premiership and reports emerged that Yilmaz could look to quit Ibrox in search of regular football. Former clubs Besiktas were linked, as were Turkish giants Galatasaray but Yilmaz has shut down those rumours, and committed his immediate future to Rangers by insisting he has 'no intention' to return to Turkey.

He said: "I want to play in the top leagues in Europe until the age of 28 or 29 at least and prove myself. So I have no intention of returning to Turkish football right now."

Going with Barisic in the long run would be monumentally daft on our part. His best days are long gone. You want to talk about this team being stale and lacking freshness - he's as big a culprit as anyone.

The club have made so much noise about Yilmaz being the future that we have no choice but to go with him.

FWIW I reckon Beale will be itching to see how he can develop him.

Last edited:
If he stays I think he will thrive under Beale. He is very attacking and all his attributes seem to be in the attacking sense.

We all know how Beale likes to use his full backs basically as wingers and the midfielders coming across to cover.

If the manager is going for attacking full backs, the boy has a good chance for game time. The only thing that worries me is his size, as teams will throw long balls to back post, and he will struggle.

Ridvan has become better in everyones eyes the longer he hasn't played. The truth is he's done nothing to gain the platitudes many are putting on him, and he's being viewed as the answer because of his wildly varying price tag, our shite form, and the fact Borna has become the whipping boy due to there being no forward pass available to him.

I think, and it was starting to look like, Gerrard and co had an acceptance that the race had been run for the likes of Arfield, Davis, McGregor and Borna to a far greater degree than Gio did.

I think Yilmaz will get a decent number of minutes between now and the end of the season

Ridvan has become better in everyones eyes the longer he hasn't played. The truth is he's done nothing to gain the platitudes many are putting on him, and he's being viewed as the answer because of his wildly varying price tag, our shite form, and the fact Borna has become the whipping boy due to there being no forward pass available to him.

Your response to what you perceive to be hyperbole around Yilmaz has been to counter it with hyperbole.

The platitudes being placed on him? Where?

The majority of comments about him are balanced and measured with people saying he deserves a chance at best and has looked worthy of that in limited minutes, and they are just that limited, people want to see more evidence of his talent

Borna hasn't just become a whipping boy because of his lack of want to pass forward, the far greater issue is his tendency to look like a winger running at him is about to knife him, the site of Borna now just represents, aucht f*ck stop crossing it

Watford were offering more than that last year. £2 million is Fck all for a Croatian international left back. Watch this space
Aye last year. And it wasnt more, it was £2m.

He hasnt kicked a ball at the World Cup either.

Like everything else right now, let's wait and see. I personally have high hopes for Yilmaz, and still believe it was a bit of a coup getting him. Sadly he came into a team devoid of ideas and confidence. Let's see how he does IF the squad can overcome that.

I've been sceptical but he did look good (for five minutes!) against Aberdeen. Very positive going forward - need to see his defensive capabilities though.
The 2 games he made an appearance, he looked really positive. I will go as far to say if he didn't get injured, he would have already taken the jersey.

He will either play or not but I can’t tell u as I don’t know
Well said. Neither does anyone else. Be quite good to actually see him play a few games before deciding if he's a multi-million pound flop or a bargain we'll get a couple years from then triple our money.

Well said. Neither does anyone else. Be quite good to actually see him play a few games before deciding if he's a multi-million pound flop or a bargain we'll get a couple years from then triple our money.
What's the point of a fans forum if not to discuss the team we support, why are you even here? Us fans dont really know anything that's going on at the club, if that's the bar for entry we may as well never speak about anything.

Back