The thumb arrested for match fixing.

Police Scotland have questioned Leigh Griffiths and Paul McGowan over allegations of suspicious betting patterns surrounding a match in the Scottish Premiership.

As Sportsmail first revealed last December, bookmakers flagged up alleged suspicious betting patterns around a league game between Dundee and Hearts.

Third-placed Hearts won the game 1-0 thanks to a late strike from Jamie Walker. However, several gambling firms raised concerns over a number of bets placed on yellow cards for Dundee players.

And a Police Scotland spokesperson last night confirmed in a statement that three men have been quizzed over the matter.

‘Following a pre-planned police operation on Thursday, 1 December, three men, aged 37, 35 and 32, were arrested in the Bothwell, Bonnyrigg and Airdrie areas in connection with an investigation into alleged gambling incidents in sport.

‘All three men were released without charge pending further enquiries.’

Leading bookies have agreements with the SFA to exchange any intelligence on irregular betting patterns surrounding Scottish football.

Bookmakers also have the option of making a complaint to Police Scotland and pursuing potential criminal action. Griffiths left Dundee last January but McGowan is still at the club.

Tims will be Tims

I'm not a vindictive type and don't wish ill on anyone ,but for this person I'd make an exception and hope the misery continues endlessly for him .

That lording it up over us when we had a piss poor team ,tying scarves to goalposts and wiping his nose on the corner flag really stung and was painful to see. So long may his downfall continue .

Cummings was shite at Dundee. Why bring bigotry into absolutely everything? JC's a jambo. Griffiths was the better signing at the time as nobody knew how shite he had became and sure it was a loan deal anyway.

Cummings was their top scorer.

Cummings scored 11 in 29 games for Dundee, a lot of them as a sub for Griffiths.

Griffiths scored 2 in 15 games, always a starter.

So Cummings was "shite" as you say?

Absolute bollocks. I know a fair few Dundee fans who were raging he was let go and Griffiths kept.

And guess what?

One's at the World Cup...the other's in the High Court,

So pipe down you total blowhard.

Im reading between the lines here but if ten polis turn up would suggest there might have been a fair bit of cash chucked on whatever games are involved. How do you get yourself in that situation... Someones made a killing, Griffiths and the other boy get a few quid chucked at them then lifted..
Hope he grasses some nutjob up.....

cracking osb board coffee table all the same cant imagine cutting gear on that would be that great

Cummings scored 11 in 29 games for Dundee, a lot of them as a sub for Griffiths.

Absolute bollocks. I know a fair few Dundee fans who were raging he was let go and Griffiths kept.

And guess what?

Evening Cumdingo B-)

Maybe the police were searching for his boots that he kicked the flare into st j fans for evidence of residue. Or maybe that's another offence kicked into touch just like the SFA spfl have done. Whatever it is I'm sure he's guilty but will get away with it. SNP justice for the bhoys

And guess what?

Nothing to do with his lack of fitness and attitude then? Turning up to training late, missing training and then turning up to training still drunk from the night before on the last before training appearing on stage for the open goal podcast?

At least get your facts right, he was rubbish got suspended then got released.

And in what way is bigotry involved? Turning up as the joker smashed out his nut with a couple of bead rattlers?

Nothing to do with his lack of fitness and attitude then? Turning up to training late, missing training and then turning up to training still drunk from the night before on the last before training appearing on stage for the open goal podcast?

At least get your facts right, he was rubbish got suspended then got released.

And in what way is bigotry involved? Turning up as the joker smashed out his nut with a couple of bead rattlers?

I've given you the stats.

One scored 11 in 29 games. (11 as a sub)

One scored 2 in 15 games. (2 as a sub)

Clearly Cummings was the better player.

Yet Griffiths got his contact extended and Cummings got punted.

Who was the manager again? The Dundee fans were raging.

Griffiths went on to score 0 more goals, got even fatter and got paid off.

Cummings went on to score 13 goals in 25 games for a top Australian team and was called up then played in their World cup squad that's just qualified past the group stage. He is currently at the World Cup in Quatar.

Leigh meanwhile got a court citation....his 4th and is without a club. He is currently in some Dundee alleyway.

I'd suggest the bigotry involved was the Dundee manager of the time keeping on a fat wreck of a footballer rather than a guy who was their top scorer and would go on to play in the world cup.

Many Dundee fans think the same.

You though can think otherwise. Much like I'm sure Leigh does as he downs another bottle of Buckie watching Jason play in the knock out stages of the World Cup.

Said it for ages genuinely surprised he’s not rocked up at Broomhill or would if this doesn’t finish him

Absolutely glorious downfall

Cummings went on to score 13 goals in 25 games for a top Australian team and was called up then played in their World cup squad that's just qualified past the group stage. He is currently at the World Cup.

Leigh meanwhile got a court citation....his 4th and is without a club.

I'd suggest the bigotry involved was the Dundee manager of the time keeping on a fat wreck of a footballer rather than a guy who was their top scorer and would go on to play in the world cup.

You though can think otherwise. Much like I'm sure Leigh does as he downs another bottle of Buckie watching Jason play in the knock out stages of the World Cup.

Was McPake not an ex team mate of Griffiths anyway? I always assumed it was an old pals act.

Cummings went on to score 13 goals in 25 games for a top Australian team and was called up then played in their World cup squad that's just qualified past the group stage. He is currently at the World Cup in Quatar.

Leigh meanwhile got a court citation....his 4th and is without a club. He is currently in some Dundee alleyway.

facts and some opinions on FF dont go

Cummings was shite at Dundee. Why bring bigotry into absolutely everything? JC's a jambo. Griffiths was the better signing at the time as nobody knew how shite he had became and sure it was a loan deal anyway.
Wee f@ckin scrote was given a one year deal by Septic and loaned out for the entirety of the contract to the club who changed their vote to enable the scum to be awarded the league,awarded not won fair and square,
Nothing to see here move along

3 goals Cummings scored was in the Premiership with Dundee.

He has went on to be great away from Dundee and Griffiths is a dosser.

Bigotry was involved because the manager kept a player who at the time done a lot lot more in his career and was a mate and played with Griffiths 2 or 3 times at different clubs?

Cummings got released for turning up to training drunk. How on earth is that bigoted? What a warped way to think about things. Even JC has said he was a mess in Dundee and moving abroad saved his career.

Did Griffiths not look like he was deliberately trying to provoke a booking the last time he played for Dundee against us?

Is my memory of this right? He was getting pelters from our fans.
Surely even he isn't stupid enough to pull such a stunt against us of all teams.

Though in some ways it makes sense because him getting a yellow versus us might seem inconspicuous. Now I'm confusing myself.

Wee f@ckin scrote was given a one year deal by Septic and loaned out for the entirety of the contract to the club who changed their vote to enable the scum to be awarded the league,awarded not won fair and square,
Nothing to see here move along
Aye because they weren't miles ahead in the league anyway. Dundees vote saved Gerrards job and gave us the time to turn things around and get 55. Lets just go all conspiracy and bigotry route though.

Bothwell - Griffiths
Airdrie - McGowan
Bonnyrigg - 37 year old man… where’s Bonnyrigg? Quite near Tranent, where’s Griffiths family from?
Bonnyriggs the last part of midlothian before you go down the Borders. Griffiths family are from Magdeline/Niddrie/Lochend. (Junkie hibs territory).

3 goals Cummings scored was in the Premiership with Dundee.

He has went on to be great away from Dundee and Griffiths is a dosser.

Bigotry was involved because the manager kept a player who at the time done a lot lot more in his career and was a mate and played with Griffiths 2 or 3 times at different clubs?

Cummings got released for turning up to training drunk. How on earth is that bigoted? What a warped way to think about things. Even JC has said he was a mess in Dundee and moving abroad saved his career.

You started off saying Cummings was "shite" at Dundee.

I've given you the stats that show he plainly wasn't.

He was far better than Griffiths, he was dropped, Griffiths was kept on....huge mistake.

One has gone on to greater things, the other, the gutter.

Now...whether it was an old pals act, bigotry or sheer blind mismanagement, the wrong guy got kept on.

Why you can't admit that is simply up to you.

Jason Cummings was very far from "shite" at Dundee and was let go unfairly. Leigh Griffiths in comparison did far less yet was kept on then silently let go just as Jason Cummings was gaining international caps.

To this day, Dundee fans are largely bemused.

22 Scotland caps and a fucking £675,000 mansion.

I've played with better amateurs.
In his career he had one great season for the filth when he scored 40, and 2 when he scored 18-20, he had another scoring 28 with Hibs, so 4 decent seasons over his entire career.

The guy is a complete and total %^*& up. Annoying he can even afford a £600k house in Bothwell.

He is a right dodgy bastard though and will be his own undoing.

Bothwell - Griffiths
Airdrie - McGowan
Bonnyrigg - 37 year old man… where’s Bonnyrigg? Quite near Tranent, where’s Griffiths family from?
Paul Tansey is his brother, from Bonnyrigg area, 37yo.

Back