After being allowed access to Michael Beale - this is what most papers think was the most important thing to take from it . . .

mdingwall

Administrator
His attendance at a previous match. Really?

He talked about recruitment, tactics, players - a whole host of things.

Papers were allowed into the press conference yesterday, trackside, private briefing and separate question and answer session for them.

And so many of them decided this was the big issue?

I didn't really see it as a big deal at the time, I still don't think there was anything sinister behind it.
I don’t think so either, if there was then he obviously wouldn’t have been up and in the Louden, then sitting in the directors box etc.

He genuinely loves the club. I’m sure he was always looking for rangers friendly pubs down south to watch the games with fans on his social media.

Without defending the papers, you can see why it’s a newsworthy headline.

Everyone said/joked at the time the very same thing.

It was a big talking point Mark to be fair, it was debated on here, with many questioning his motive.

I do agree some papers shouldn’t have led with this point today though.

It really isn't a big deal, even if he was up with the intention of negotiating terms for the job and briefing some players.

Not important to us now. The media don't want us to be looking forward.

I myself didn't like what he did but it's already been covered extensively and should be blown away by the volume of material he came out with yesterday.

I'd echo this, to be honest.

It wasn't his wisest move, but it should have been diluted by now by him outlining an actual vision, tactics etc.

Football professional visits previous club with whom he has maintained a close and positive relationship since leaving 12 months before. Team is having a tough time.

Five matches and one month later, said football professional is asked to come back and help dig the club out of a hole after performances continue to falter.

Well, I'm disgusted by the whole affair. Shocker. Who cares about the future? Why are you not thinking about the past? Let's create a conspiracy and glory in the bad old days (or good old days if you are looking from a Scottish media perspective).

I was convinced this was going to be about the suits. I thought the red tops would like that anyway.

Football professional visits previous club with whom he has maintained a close and positive relationship since leaving 12 months before. Team is having a tough time.

Five matches and one month later, said football professional is asked to come back and help dig the club out of a hole after performances continue to falter.

Well, I'm disgusted by the whole affair. Shocker. Who cares about the future? Why are you not thinking about the past? Let's create a conspiracy and glory in the bad old days (or good old days if you are looking from a Scottish media perspective).
Exactly this.
Add to the fact his team had played the night before, and he himself said at the time, when he knew the fixture was being played then, he had arranged to go to the match.
Had QPR been playing on the Sunday, totally different angle on things.
They weren't, but heyho, let's not allow facts to get in the way of anti Rangers, lazy journalism.

I myself didn't like what he did but it's already been covered extensively and should be blown away by the volume of material he came out with yesterday.
If go had stayed then there's nothing in it but as he had now replaced gio it was a bad move as well makes things look pretty bad for Beale and the board...... even if there was nothing it at time........I'm.50/50 on it

However it was covered to death already and focus should have been going forward

It’s just optics. Nothing sinister. If they were talking about him replacing Gio it would not of been done so publicly. And I’m sure Walter was guest of the club during the PLG era.

Just papers trying to scandalise everything

It was a big talking point Mark to be fair, it was debated on here, with many questioning his motive.

I do agree some papers shouldn’t have led with this point today though.
Nah. It was a big talking point weeks ago when it happened. Its not what yesterday was all about.

Was nonsense then and nonsense now.

It’s just been used as a negative against him sometimes by the same people that say the board don’t have a clue and move too slowly. But they were planning to get rid of Gio 5 weeks ago.

Scottish newspapers talking negatively about Rangers, par for up here isn't it?

printed media is dying though, so soon it will be tick tock for them

Good. More fuel for Beale to succeed and ram it down their insignificant wee gobs.

The only thing it highlights is the Rangers support are not their target audience (which we all know anyway) - newspapers taking the moral high ground pmsl

There's been a huge campaign from the tim media to portray him in a negative light. The faux outrage over his attendance at the Aberdeen match is just one example but funnily enough none of them batted an eyelid at the time. Gio got a similar welcome from the tim media when he was called out for not taking the Hibs semi-final (which they still go on about to this day) even though he was not contractually able to do so.

His attendance at a previous match. Really?

He talked about recruitment, tactics, players - a whole host of things.

Papers were allowed into the press conference yesterday, trackside, private briefing and separate question and answer session for them.

And so many of them decided this was the big issue?

It is ok. We will get a balanced view on GoRadio with Stephen McGinn, Andy Walker or Peter Grant.

Rangers have a new manager and this has been their line up since it happened.

I took one look at their podcast description, seen these 3 names and gave it a miss.

I thought some of the 'journalists' questions from the press conference were absolutely fcking rotten...again! Surprised Beale didn't just tell a couple of them where to go.

I was on the same flight up from Birmingham that morning and chatted with him leaving the plane. Nice chap, was clearly just up to enjoy the game as the timing of the sheep match worked out for his QPR schedule. Although I did suggest to him that our board probably wouldn’t let him leave the building without a 3 year contract getting signed. He laughed it off but I’m clearly a clairvoyant genius :))

I thought the questions asked by our fan media were really decent and to the point yet the scum tabloids focus on negatives as usual when it comes to anything Rangers.

Aye but fan media just leads to easy questions and folk gushing over their heroes apparently.

From that press conference yesterday you’d think the media would be profiling the manager and his coaches today, or comparing the type of football Beale spoke about to what Rangers have been doing lately.

It’s almost as if the press conference was at an inconvenient time for them and so they wrote the majority of the stuff about the Aberdeen game earlier in the day before knocking off once they had uploaded a few hundred words to fill in the gaps after the press conference.

I thought some of the 'journalists' questions from the press conference were absolutely fcking rotten...again! Surprised Beale didn't just tell a couple of them where to go.
Someone asked a question - just towards the end of what Sky showed live and the look that Beale gave him while he answered was something else. Complete dead-eye stare.

Back