Will Beale persist with Alfie?

Colak does his part by scoring goals, its not his fault that we have no one else who can do the same.

I agree he did, Colak has been excellent but I would expect the coach will change the style of play a fair bit from what we have seen.

it has been a system weighted incredibly heavily in a number of limited chances for Colak, I don't expect us to play like that given how limiting that system has been

He will be given a chance of a fresh start, as is right when a new manager arrives.

However with his contract expiring in 6 months and his gross unprofessionalism so far this season I have no confidence in Alfie making the most of that opportunity.

Beale needs to make use of Colak. A guy who has proven he can bang them in consistently at this level.

I think we may see a different Buff now. Albeit we all know that may only last so long. If he gets the bit between his teeth again & decides to sign a new contract then I've no problem with him staying. Some are desperate to get rid of him & that is understandable to an extent, but on his day he's still our best striker (player?). The best / ideal scenario for Rangers is that Alfie gets himself going again, signs a new deal & then we can sell him in the future if need be on our own terms.

I have no idea what kind of relationship Morelos and Beale have but I'm certainly not putting my hopes into Michael rejuvenating Morelos' career simply because Morelos doesn't look like he gives a fck anymore.

I think he's more likely to get a tune out of Kent than Morelos.

I have no idea what kind of relationship Morelos and Beale have but I'm certainly not putting my hopes into Michael rejuvenating Morelos' career simply because Morelos doesn't look like he gives a fck anymore.

Small sample size but he defo looks up for it in those training videos

He said he had been dealing with Kent since the lad was 14 so I would think he knows him very well

I think MB will give him another chance but he’s let us down far too many times now, get the Alfie show moved on because that’s all he cares about, himself and not the team or club.

I think we will see an improved morelos but I hope he’s moved on at the end of the season regardless.

Yeah we’re making noise because we could really be doing with him working hard, keeping fit and scoring us goals but he’s in a very poor condition and hardly trying when he gets a chance on the park.
Thought he did well against Napoli. Has started one game in the league since March, and has 3 goals in 300 minutes. Scored 7 in 10 before getting injured. It’s not as dramatic as most like to make out. Also worth remembering he’s returning from a serious injury.

The question for me is.
Does Alfie want to persit with being at Rangers ?
It's a question that he should now have answered for the new manager.
If he stays and doesn't perform to a proffesional standard then he's going to get short shrift from the fans.
If he gets back to being commited and fit then imo it can only be good for everyone.
Patience with the team and with Alfie prior to the break was thin at best.If he is not showing evidence of change and commitment now then he should be dropped and shown the door.Hes had long enough now taking the money and giving nothing back.

Thought he did well against Napoli. Has started one game in the league since March, and has 3 goals in 300 minutes. Scored 7 in 10 before getting injured. It’s not as dramatic as most like to make out. Also worth remembering he’s returning from a serious injury.
This in a nutshell.

The OTT reaction to Morelos on here wouldn’t look out of place on a shettleston harrier forum.

At QPR he has been playing Dykes up front in a 4-3-3 so I am expecting only one to be playing. I think people will be surprised at how well Colak will do under Beale, he has a great record in a team creating very little chances so will only do better with an attacking line up. If Morelos signs a pre contract with another club in January, I could see us release him early for a nominal fee to free up wages anyway.

That’s up to Alfie.

Let’s hope getting fit and interested isn’t too much of an inconvenience to the guy this year, but that’s probably too much to ask.

I’ll change my tune if he scores 15 and looks back to his old self, but right now I can’t wait for the end of the Alfredo Morelos circus at Rangers.
This.

For me, his attitude and contribution this season was a step too far and I’d rather he was chased out the door in January.

Every season there’s something with Morelos causing issues with the club.

And even if Beale gets him playing, we all know deep down we’ll have something else next season to contend with.

For ÂŁ35k a week or so which he earns, we can do so much better than a guy that averages less than 15 league goals a season.

Personally fed up with the Morelos circus and can’t wait to see the back of him.

Even if he extends, and gets back playing well, I don’t see us ever getting a big fee for him with his age and the fact we’ve only ever received one credible bid in 5 years for him.

The way some fans are happy to ignore his extensive list of nonsense really puzzles me. It’s cult like weird behaviour.

For me, he’s one of our most overrated players in years.

I love Alfie. He's brought me a lot of joy over the years and has been a big success for us. But we're at the point now with him and a few other players where we're always saying "if only he can just..."

We need to get ourselves in a position where we can fully rely on our better players without constant caveats about fitness and attitude. These should be among the bare minimum requirements.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of Colak, but he has scored something like one goal in the last seven competitive games.
The rest of the team haven't been putting the ball in the back net either recently, colak is the least of our problems.

In an ideal world, Beale gets him playing and he signs a new contract.
He knuckles down finds some good form, then we sell him in the summer for a respectable fee.

He's a talent when on it, but he lets the side down far too often, has a hot streak when he scores and offers a lot then falls off a cliff and can't kick his own arse, each and every season it's a blend of those two. He's not a full season striker and we need someone consistent we can rely on.

I've had enough of him, but get him playing and signing a new deal then atleast we can profit from moving him on. That would make business sense atleast.

Last edited:
Morelos is an enigma, you get him fit, happy and firing and he’s unplayable.

Or you get the sulky, petty unprofessional version and he’s a waster.

I believe Morelos and GVB just don’t see eye to eye which happens in every club. If Beale can get him settled and happy I’d be offering him a deal, as he has us potential for a different striker option to Colak.

For me we have seen the best years of Alfredo, sadly I don't see him hitting any heights from past seasons. Rangers have been very good to him, when other clubs would of binned, Discipline issues. His attitude towards being the best Ranger he can be is questionable. Look at the currect shape an fitness. Beale might be the resurgence we are all looking for. Gamble giving him a new deal to find a year down the line it's back to the negative Alfredo.

Yes he will. He has nothing to lose and everything to gain by getting Alfie back to his best. But I doubt he’ll get a second chance if he doesn’t regain his fitness quickly.

Colak won’t play a lot if the role consists of being involved in build up play like we saw before with SG and MB.
He should be used similarly to the Greek at the scum.
When we need a goal or to rest our main striker.

Kent is still an decent player he still posts good numbers and is one of the fittest in our squad.

I think it's time for morelos to move on.
I think it’s time for MB to be allowed to evaluate the player and see if Alfie can be revitalised.
It is evident that many on here see the solution getting rid of Alfredo but what is unsaid is who do you replace him with as we would be left with only Colak as a centre forward.
I don’t think Roofe can be seriously considered due to his injury issues.
It seems to me that a refocused Alfredo would be the best option.

For me, he’s one of our most overrated players in years.

'For years' we relied on Alfie, and only Alfie, to get us through dozens of games. He also has broken our European goal scoring record.

There's a massive amount of short-sighted disrespect shown to him considering some of the absolute sh*t he's had to put up with from the media and fans of literally every single club in this country on a weekly basis for years.

Too many of our support, you included it seems, dont acknowledge the crap he's had to put up with and are just so pathetically eager to peddle some timmy nonsense that he's one of the most overrated players to have played for us in recent history.

He isn't, he's been a fantastic player for us and deserves more respect than is been shown by a few iditos in our support, like yourself.

From what he's said , Beale seems very keen to keep Alfredo. He's been woeful this season and since his injury hasn't done anything of note. We all know a fit, hungry and on-form Morelos is the best striker in the country and if he can get that back then happy days
Good point

That’s up to Alfie.

Let’s hope getting fit and interested isn’t too much of an inconvenience to the guy this year, but that’s probably too much to ask.

I’ll change my tune if he scores 15 and looks back to his old self, but right now I can’t wait for the end of the Alfredo Morelos circus at Rangers.
Spot on

'For years' we relied on Alfie, and only Alfie, to get us through dozens of games. He also has broken our European goal scoring record.

There's a massive amount of short-sighted disrespect shown to him considering some of the absolute sh*t he's had to put up with from the media and fans of literally every single club in this country on a weekly basis for years.

Too many of our support, you included it seems, dont acknowledge the crap he's had to put up with and are just so pathetically eager to peddle some timmy nonsense that he's one of the most overrated players to have played for us in recent history.

He isn't, he's been a fantastic player for us and deserves more respect than is been shown by a few iditos in our support, like yourself.
Ah it’s the media’s fault, opposition fans shouting at him etc

I’m not peddling any Timmy pish. I’m calling it for what I see.

No one is denying his European goals. For me, he is still overrated by a lot of our support

Back