Will Beale persist with Alfie?

That’s up to Alfie.

Let’s hope getting fit and interested isn’t too much of an inconvenience to the guy this year, but that’s probably too much to ask.

I’ll change my tune if he scores 15 and looks back to his old self, but right now I can’t wait for the end of the Alfredo Morelos circus at Rangers.

No bigger fan of Alfie than me.

However unless he has a sudden and complete change of mindset, as the months and the years Go by he’s just going to get bigger and bigger until he’s at the point he can no longer play meaningful football.

That’s his build, as much as it was an asset in his younger years, low centre of gravity and power, guys built like that Hoss Cartwright heavy set way, need to be incredibly strict to maintain a reasonable playing weight. Alfie just doesn’t have the self discipline to do it I fear. Too fond of the burritos and beer and downtime.

I hope I am wrong but unless he can shift 2 stone in the next month or so I think he will be away.

I hope he does. He has majorly annoyed me and all of us, especially this season but there is always that hope that he can get back to his best. He is unplayable when he is at it.

From what he's said , Beale seems very keen to keep Alfredo. He's been woeful this season and since his injury hasn't done anything of note. We all know a fit, hungry and on-form Morelos is the best striker in the country and if he can get that back then happy days

It's 100% up to Alfredo. Does he see himself here next season or has he already decided it's time to move on for nothing?

I think he probably fancied a crack at the Champions League but wasn't fit enough initially.

It will be interesting to see whether Beale starts Alfredo or Colak on the 15th.

I would imagine the "assessment" period he has alluded to in his interviews will be things like Morelos - is he interested? should he be moved on? should we look to keep him if Beale can get him motivated etc

I would assume a few others fall into the same category - Borna when he's back / Kamara / Roofe if he can ever be fit.

I would imagine the "assessment" period he has alluded to in his interviews will be things like Morelos - is he interested? should he be moved on? should we look to keep him if Beale can get him motivated etc

I would assume a few others fall into the same category - Borna when he's back / Kamara / Roofe if he can ever be fit.
Exactly this.

Everyone is getting a clean slate, but if Morelos, or anyone else for that matter, isn’t fully motivated, or wants to leave, then they will be binned.

It's 100% up to Alfredo. Does he see himself here next season or has he already decided it's time to move on for nothing?

I think he probably fancied a crack at the Champions League but wasn't fit enough initially.

It will be interesting to see whether Beale starts Alfredo or Colak on the 15th.
Might be both :))

Still very heavy looking in those training videos.
He’s no pace, not particularly good in the air and often scuffs shots in panic when a chance presents. All that said, he’s actually not a bad footballer and his power makes him a presence defenders find difficult to handle.

Wether he wants to stay or not, he needs to improve.

If he continues with current form, we'll get pissed off and any team with credibility will be uninterested.

I can see both sides of the coin for Alfie - what people need to remember is we paid £1m for Alfie even if he leaves for nothing he has still been an exceptionally good bit of business.

fit / motivated / firing - at SPFL level he is almost unstoppable - the problem is Alfie himself looks disinterested / unfit all too often - you hear of coaches all the time who think they can turn around the troubled genius (Gazza / Best etc) Beale may feel its worth the gamble - or he may decide he can better use the 30k a week wage he would free up on someone else more fitting to his system / his ethos.

If Morelos can get his finger out and Roofe stays injury free(no laughing) then we will be in a good position with striker options.

I'd love to be proved wrong, but I don't think the chubby chappy can be arsed any more. He's clearly been carrying too much weight since he came back from injury, and that's entirely down to him. He wouldn't be near my team till he's professional enough to get in shape. Surely that's a minimum requirement for any manager.

If anyone can get Alfie firing it's Beale. Alfie has to choose. He's either all in, or he can get a January move to QPR.

Most of this squad needs moved on, but in the real world that will take until the summer so its a fresh start for everbody from day 1.

Try and get him fit and scoring goals, get him to sign a new contract, sell him in the Summer would be the ideal scenario

considering we are skint trying to maximise Alfie's value wouldn't be the worst thing in the world even tho various posters would like him to leave for nothing

Like Walter Smith often did? It more often than not was a great idea

We could look to play a style that encourages more goals across the side?

That football worked a hell of a lot better during a season when we went undefeated than the football we have been playing this season has.
Walter sorted Andy Goram out by sticking him on the transfer list

Its time for Alfie and a load of others to go we need to move on.
These same players have let us down so many times including him, countless times i want him gone and a fresh bunch in with different attitudes.

He probably fits the style Beale want to play more than Colak does - but we need someone who is100% reliable and committed to the club.
Maybe there’s someone else out there who can play the Morelos role but how much would he cost?

That football worked a hell of a lot better during a season when we went undefeated than the football we have been playing this season has.
Walter Smith would never had indulged Morelos unfitness, tantrums and at times, lack of effort,generally not thinking of the team just himself. He would’ve been dropped or sold months ago. Morelos has been a liability for months, like some others I hasten to add and Beale will have to be ruthless

Walter Smith would never had indulged Morelos unfitness, tantrums and at times, lack of effort,generally not thinking of the team just himself. He would’ve been dropped or sold months ago. Morelos has been a liability for months, like some others I hasten to add and Beale will have to be ruthless

Walter Smith signed Gazza and El Hadji Diouf and afforded Goram a decent ammount of time before having to draw a line in the sand

Walter Smith backed his ability to rehab and deal with misguided talent if it was going to benefit the team

Watched the first OF game of last season yesterday evening, where Helander scored the winner, and his performance in that game, along with Roofe it has been said, was really good at times. Beale will most likely be talking with him a great deal right now; the problem with giving up on him is tenfold, it's not straightforward, because on his game he can be irreplaceable.

That football worked a hell of a lot better during a season when we went undefeated than the football we have been playing this

Colak does his part by scoring goals, its not his fault that we have no one else who can do the same.

He'll get a chance and he'll have to show he wants it. I've been a huge fan and defender of Alfie but even I'm fed up with him right now. Beale's arrival gives him, Ryan Kent, Glen Kamara and Kemar Roofe a fresh start if they want it. If they can't or won't show anything they will need to be moved on.

Back