World Cup 2022 Netherlands v United States, Argentina v Australia - Saturday 3rd

Usa have a good young squad but they desperately need more players who have goals in them, perhaps they can convince the Balogun at Arsenal to play for them because with even just a decent striker and they have a chance of going far deeper in the next world cup.

The USA lost this game because of the simple fact - they do not at present have a decent recogniseable striker, otherwise they would be looking at the quarter finals. For being the 2nd youngest team in the competition up against an experienced Dutch side containing starters from many of Europe's elite teams, the USA team did much to be pround of.

He mainly said that tracking back isnt a difficult concept so you cant make excuses for players losing players they should be marking.
Thought they looked tired physically and mentally. Pressing was lethargic and their defending flat footed. The energy they put into the group games with mainly the same first 11 difficult to keep up. The better squads will come to the fore as usual.

Normally I laugh at any post that says we should sign somebody based on a world cup game, but we should be asking Arsenal if we can have a loan of Matt Turner til the end of the season. He's not going to get a chance there.

Normally I laugh at any post that says we should sign somebody based on a world cup game, but we should be asking Arsenal if we can have a loan of Matt Turner til the end of the season. He's not going to get a chance there.
Or we should be spotting these players before they are out our reach

Arsenal signed him for 7mil pounds, imagine the outrage on here if we signed a MLS keeper for 7mil pounds.
Problem being not a lot of folks watch the mls on here, it’s my favourite league to watch and the standards have and will continue to improve.

I would imagine that in the next 20 years the USA will win the World Cup

Problem being not a lot of folks watch the mls on here, it’s my favourite league to watch and the standards have and will continue to improve.

I would imagine that in the next 20 years the USA will win the World Cup

Not a chance. They are getting better definitely but they won't win a WC.

Reyna looked like he could have opened up the dutch but difficult when you come on at 0-2.

Put 5live on while I'm cooking to listen to Argentina v Australia and I've got full scale build up to England's game tomorrow.

This is why I want them papped out soon as possible.

World cup needs less boring defensive teams from countries that dont care about football, so come on Argies, hump the convicts.

Back