Hearts friendly abandoned

48-E15981-8750-4820-91-C0-1-F1-CEA52198-B.jpg

I would imagine a lot of refs would love to tell players to shut the fu*k up.

Happens more than you might think mate, particularly at lower levels. Remember years ago a ref (Stuart Dougal I think) was in the papers because he was seen on camera telling one of our players to %^*& off. Can't remember exactly who, might have been Numan or maybe Nerlinger. Anyway I think McLeish was basically laughing at them when asked about it, saying it happens all the time between players and refs.

Match abandoned... for that?

Was expecting a lot more tbh.
I know.
But I think the match was abandoned because Neilson took his players off, rather than for the handbags.
The Hearts guy who started it should be ashamed. He booted a guy and then shat it from him when he retaliated. Pussy :))

Happens more than you might think mate, particularly at lower levels. Remember years ago a ref (Stuart Dougal I think) was in the papers because he was seen on camera telling one of our players to %^*& off. Can't remember exactly who, might have been Numan or maybe Nerlinger. Anyway I think McLeish was basically laughing at them when asked about it, saying it happens all the time between players and refs.
It was Dougal. Nerlinger appealed for a throw that was clearly Thistle's .

Dougal got fined for telling him to "f.uck off" which was ridiculous considering it was said lightheartedly and the abuse they get from players.

Oooft! Suspensions can carry forward to domestic football for red cards in friendlies, at least that used to be the case.

Stupidity.
Depends on the referees report and if the association whose auspices the game was under, ask or demand it.

Back