Club1872 poll results

Have I got this right?
An organisation which was formed to increase its shareholding in Rangers has voted against both resolutions which allow directors to issue any new shares in the next 12 months.
I guess that means they can only buy existing shares then. I wonder who from?
Is it not the board wanted permission to issue shares for the next 5 years

Is it not the board wanted permission to issue shares for the next 5 years
They have voted against both resolutions which if they were successful would prevent the board from issuing any new shares in the next 12 months.
I hope we don’t need new investment.

As are C1872.

Park will be re-elected comfortably.
If a majority of fans make it clear that they oppose Park's re-election, his position becomes considerably weaker regardless of how the ownership votes.

Park has clearly lost the confidence of the support. If he believes the words he says about being merely a custodian of the club, and that it belongs to the supporters, then he should resign on a matter of honour and principle.

Be interesting to know what percentage of those entitled to vote actually voted. Would give a more accurate reflection. The timing of the Dave King interview and their pre-vote email was also clearly designed to sway voters toward the views of the handful of people running C1872 and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with those tactics. It was a totally one sided perspective and while I know Douglas Park declined an invitation to participate, you can understand why he wouldn't want to engage with an organisation so openly hostile toward him and which is clearly very much in bed with Dave King.

If a majority of fans make it clear that they oppose Park's re-election, his position becomes considerably weaker regardless of how the ownership votes.

Park has clearly lost the confidence of the support. If he believes the words he says about being merely a custodian of the club, and that it belongs to the supporters, then he should resign on a matter of honour and principle.

He’s lost the confidence of 65% of around 1000 contributors to C1872.

That’s after C1872 instructed all of them to vote against Park.

I don’t think he’ll be too worried. Could be the kick up the arse he needs, though.

However, the solution is not to bring back some guy from South Africa who left the club riddled with liabilities. A guy who walked away, and was happy to put the club into admin until Bennett covered his loan.

He’s lost the confidence of 65% of around 1000 contributors to C1872.

That’s after C1872 instructed all of them to vote against Park.

I don’t think he’ll be too worried. Could be the kick up the arse he needs, though.

However, the solution is not to bring back some guy from South Africa who left the club riddled with liabilities. A guy who walked away, and was happy to put the club into admin until Bennett covered his loan.
He's lost the confidence of every fan that attends Ibrox. You'd have to be blind or willfully ignorant not to see it.

His time is up. We, the fans, are the people who keep this club in business, not the investors. If we want him gone, then he has to go.

Some should be careful what they wish for when it comes to Park and co.

Yes huge questions over performance particularly in the last 18 months. But overall the club is financially stable, get recruitment right over the next 2 windows and the picture will be much rosier.

He's lost the confidence of every fan that attends Ibrox. You'd have to be blind or willfully ignorant not to see it.

His time is up. We, the fans, are the people who keep this club in business, not the investors. If we want him gone, then he has to go.

They might have made some mistakes along the way, but I’ve no doubt the current board have the clubs best interests at heart. They’ve proven that.

C1872 and the horse it’s backing, King, don’t. King met an American spiv for 30 minutes and believes she’s good for Rangers.

Note they’ve also voted against fresh shareholding in the next 12 months. Better hope we don’t need investment.

They might have made some mistakes along the way, but I’ve no doubt the current board have the clubs best interests at heart. They’ve proven that.

C1872 and the horse it’s backing, King, don’t. King met an American spiv for 30 minutes and believes she’s good for Rangers.

Note they’ve also voted against fresh shareholding in the next 12 months. Better hope we don’t need investment.
There are people falling over themselves all over the world to invest in football clubs at the minute. If Park has the clubs best interests at heart, then he should resign and put his shareholding up for sale as per the demands of the supporters. Lets see who else is interested.

No he hasn’t. He may have lost the confidence of such as you who make wild claims about every fan who attends Ibrox, which is patently false. For blind or wilfully ignorant look to yourself.

38,000 people bought season tickets from Charles Green.

There are people falling over themselves all over the world to invest in football clubs at the minute. If Park has the clubs best interests at heart, then he should resign and put his shareholding up for sale as per the demands of the supporters. Lets see who else is interested.

No one is investing in Scottish football. It’s unbelievable that people think ‘investors’ will come to Ibrox with the best of intentions.

There are people falling over themselves all over the world to invest in football clubs at the minute. If Park has the clubs best interests at heart, then he should resign and put his shareholding up for sale as per the demands of the supporters. Lets see who else is interested
So you'd take Ashley?
Dave King and his legal team have cost us about £20m due to incompetence.
You invest in a club for 2 reasons.
You love the club
You want to make money

So you'd take Ashley?
Dave King and his legal team have cost us about £20m due to incompetence.
You invest in a club for 2 reasons.
You love the club
You want to make money
"Put the club up for sale and see who's interested" is a million miles away from "You'd take Ashley". Bizarre.

There are more than two options you know. It doesn't have to be "incompetent Rangers fans" or "complete crooks". There are record sums being invested in football leagues all over Europe, not just Big Five leagues. We'd absolutely be attractive to investors with our infrastructure and European track record. Lets see who's out there.

Go on then give us some names of this queue of investors that are ready to pump millions into Rangers ! I wont hold my breath.

You're missing your own point.
I think you are missing yours.
Go on then give us some names of this queue of investors that are ready to pump millions into Rangers ! I wont hold my breath.
I don't have a list of investors ready to pump money into Rangers, and I'm not sure why you think I would have.

If Douglas Park is the best option for Rangers, prove it. Go to the market, see who's interested and if he's better than all the alternatives, then he stays. You can't say fairer than that.

So Resolution 8 will have 20% voting against with King and c.1872 so only gives the board a very small amount of wriggle room to get this passed at 75%.

And what would you call Dave King trying to bring a asset stripper into Ibrox?
I have no interest in King. He's yesterdays man, and people trying to make this about Park vs King are destined to watch our club go nowhere.

We need someone who can take the club forward. Douglas Park cannot, and that is the only thing that matters. Crying "what about King" doesn't change any of that.

I have no interest in King. He's yesterdays man, and people trying to make this about Park vs King are destined to watch our club go nowhere.

We need someone who can take the club forward. Douglas Park cannot, and that is the only thing that matters. Crying "what about King" doesn't change any of that.
And yet you can’t come up with someone to replace him or his investment?

This is why fan ownership will never work.

If you seriously believe the fans, not the investors, have kept the club running for the last 10 years, you're deluded.

It has required both and you appear to be actively celebrating a vote by C1872 to stop any more external investment into the club.

They are opposing the resolutions either through blind stupidity in following DK's maneuvers to sell his shares or to protect their own ability to oppose board resolutions, which they cannot afford in the long run.

No one is investing in Scottish football. It’s unbelievable that people think ‘investors’ will come to Ibrox with the best of intentions.
Rally fearful that Rangers could fall into the clutches of an investor(s) like those fronted up by Kyle Fox. Other than a modest short term injection of funds there would be no good coming in the longer term as we would likely be bled dry and assets sold off.

"Put the club up for sale and see who's interested" is a million miles away from "You'd take Ashley". Bizarre.

There are more than two options you know. It doesn't have to be "incompetent Rangers fans" or "complete crooks". There are record sums being invested in football leagues all over Europe, not just Big Five leagues. We'd absolutely be attractive to investors with our infrastructure and European track record. Lets see who's out there.
Someone who only owns 12% of the club cant put it up for sale.

I think you are missing yours.

I don't have a list of investors ready to pump money into Rangers, and I'm not sure why you think I would have.

If Douglas Park is the best option for Rangers, prove it. Go to the market, see who's interested and if he's better than all the alternatives, then he stays. You can't say fairer than that.
You must be on the wind up

Someone who only owns 12% of the club cant put it up for sale.
He can put his shareholding up for sale. And if someone is interested in buying it, I'm sure they'd find plenty of other willing sellers. We already know King wants to sell.

He can put his shareholding up for sale. And if someone is interested in buying it, I'm sure they'd find plenty of other willing sellers. We already know King wants to sell.
Thats a bit of an assumption.

For me we can appoint a better exec team to run the club without changing ownership.

Look across the city, Fritzel has nothing to do with the running of them.

I wish everyone would stop oversimplifying the issues here, many of which we as a support are not fully aware of.

This isn't a case of a good guy and a bad guy. Overall both of their intentions and actions towards Rangers have been positive, although both are open to justifiable criticism.

If King and Park could resolve to put their differences behind them, Rangers would be the winner.

Thats a bit of an assumption.

For me we can appoint a better exec team to run the club without changing ownership.
Of course it's an assumption, but if the two major shareholders were willing to sell and investors were being offered the right price, there would absolutely be others willing to sell too. I'd be very surprised if the likes of Wolhardt wouldn't listen to a proposal.

Back