England’s chance’s against France, what do you think?

Do you think England will win ?

• Yes

Votes: 492 37.0%
  • No

Votes: 836 63.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Goal Machine

I must admit before last night I thought France would be too strong for England, after last night I am not really sure.

Mbappe ,will Kyle Walker be able to quiet him for 90 minutes, with that amazing pace and the goals he has scored very doubtful ?

Will Englands central defence be strong enough, a few lazy passes last night could have had them one down and then it is a different match? France won’t pass them up.

The plus points for England Harry Kane scored after a barren spell and a group of tremendous young players. Bellingham, Saka, Foden and Rashford. I also think Shaw and Rice have been terrific. The confidence they have now will increase their belief.

What do you think?

I think England have more flare player's than France, France have mbappe brilliant player that he is, if he is shut down for most of game I think the English player's have more to offer

England's weak area is the defence, with Mbappe always cutting in from the left, it'll cause them problems on their right side. Giroud is also a danger to them with his athleticism and unpredictability. If Bellingham, Rashford, Foden, and Kane are on their top game I can see England doing well and winning. The first proper test for both teams.

Probably the best chance they've had in a long time, but I think France will still beat them. As above, England have a poor defence so coming up against Mbappe and Giroud is going to be quite difficult for them to handle.

I was very impressed by England last night - Senegal took the pace out of the game and then England found another ways around them.. very mature performance.

I felt England would get ton1/4 finals and meet their match, and France has clocked into gear now as well, but maybe England can win this. They are getting goals from across the team, not dependent on one or two players for them.

I think it’s about a 40/60 for England. I just don’t think they defend well enough and will probably come unstuck against the better teams more often than not. They have a decent chance but France will possibly have a bit too much for them. Hope I’m wrong though.

I don't see it as 50/50, France has to be favourites, but there is something about this England team, they are fearless, the young lads believe they can beat anyone.

France by a few, diddy McGuire will get ripped to shreds.
By (as good as he's been) Giroud?

France have some very good players in Rabiot and Tchouaméni, Griezmann (if he turns up) and obviously Mbappe is exceptional. However, I also think England have some equally good players whcih will make it a very tricky game to predict

I hope the cheese eating surrender monkeys pump them 1 minute so Lineker and co will shutup and calm right down, then hope England win the next to get it right up the natzis.

I would find it funny if they won the whole thing, you know the evil tournament from hell. They would have to go on about it forever.

Can see this game surprising a few and it being absolutely bonkers with plenty goals.

France with Mbappe will edge it, 4-3 in extra time.

There hasn't been a stand out team at the tournament. If England get through, and Southgate goes for it, then no reason they can't go on and win it.

France are more likely to take their chances, however limited. One moment of Mbappe brilliance turns it. I know England have scored more, but I just see that wee bit of ’special’ being the difference maker.

I would love England to win by some Bellingham magic though. He’s special too. I think the England defence is too porous and it will cost them.

By (as good as he's been) Giroud?

France have some very good players in Rabiot and Tchouaméni, Griezmann (if he turns up) and obviously Mbappe is exceptional. However, I also think England have some equally good players whcih will make it a very tricky game to predict
Take your pick, if playing France last night they would have been down by a couple inside 30 mins.

Kane looking as leggy as he has up until now would be a concern as would the centre of defence who are guilty of overplay, lacking in concentration and taking unnecessary chances.

But if England bring their ‘A’ game, they have a more than decent chance of making the semis.

central defence is obviously England's weak spot but it'll suit them playing against someone with no pace like Giroud in the middle. Mbappe is of course something else & Griezmann causes problems by drifting all over the shop. Haven't seen enough of the French defence to pass judgment but with Lloris in goals, any team has a chance

Both teams look great going forward but like they can be got at defensively.

I can see England changing to 3 at the back. France will start favourites but can see it going to extra time and penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back