World Cup 2022 Japan v Croatia, Brazil v South Korea - Monday 5th

Ach that's a shame I was hoping for an underdog to win a tie. Favourites have won every tie so far.

Hope South Korea beat Brazil later.

I think it’s probably because the whole Croatia team have been shite but folk on here just can’t resist having a pop at Borna.
The way many on here treat our own is behaviour totally out of keeping with being a proper supporter, especially when, as I suspect, many who make such comments would be hard pushed to kick their own arse far less know how to play football to any decent level.

Last edited:
I loved the way Shearer used to hit penalties. Used to rifle them right into the top left corner. So much height, power and accuracy that the keeper doesn’t have a chance.

I’m all the %^*& in on wanting to see Borna lift the World Cup.

“Wouldn’t be too worried”

Heard this before in regards to Croatia get they keep delivering

English commentators gutted as it means there is another team that would likely beat England involved? Otherwise, why so upset. :))

I loved the way Shearer used to hit penalties. Used to rifle them right into the top left corner. So much height, power and accuracy that the keeper doesn’t have a chance.
he doesn't fanny about that was for sure, he fooking leathered them in

English commentators gutted as it means there is another team that would likely beat England involved? Otherwise, why so upset. :))
I’m no England fan but there is no way Croatia are beating them. Wrong side of the draw anyway.

he doessn't fanny about that was for sure, he fooking leathered them in
Takes skill and balls of steel to go for the top corner though and it’s obviously higher risk. But if you can master it then keepers have next to no chance of keeping them out.

Well done, Borna! I think he did fine, good and weaker moments.

[Some right dick comments on here about our own player.]
He had a bit of a shaky start but got much better as the game went on.
I was hoping that he'd get the opportunity to score the winning penalty to give him a huge morale boost.
Delighted for him to be able to play a part in a WC quarter final!

Back