Rangers Board Sign Off Ibrox Redevelopment to Boost Disabled Facilities

No point in being cynical with timing

We’ve cried out for it they are doing it. So can’t complain.

If anything it’s better than expected. Expected another kicking the can saying they have started feasibility etc

At least we know what they will be doing about it. Feel for wheelchair users in that position.

How will it work with removing the seats where will others go?

The board committed to revealing details of the development with a timeline at the AGM.
I hope the wait for our disabled supporters will be worth it. Perhaps without the delays embarrassing the board into action, this multimillion project would have been a lot less fit for purpose.
But I still give the board a lot of credit for finally getting it done. I'm not in the anti-board faction and I'm very happy with the running of our club.

Maybe the plan is to put the w/chair fans in where UB are at the moment.
From the Herald article

16233928.jpg

Anyone would think there is an agm tommorow

Not before time.

From those drawings looks like the sections will either be right up the back of the Sandy jardine or in the middle of the Copland and broomie and well back from the elements.

They must be putting lifts in the stands also.

Takes up a large amount of space so will be interesting to see where those currently in those seats are being moved to and will this mean a significant capacity reduction.

Anyone who currently sits on or near the back 3 rows of the broomloan front or Copland front will be moved elsewhere.

Last edited:
How's that going to work with the UB section moving to BF3 ?
Wheelchair section, unless raised and internal access wouldn’t be directly behind the goals but I’m hoping this is a proper well thought out plan that be if it’s those supporters that need that little bit more support.

It’s pathetic. Radio silence for 12 months since the last AGM then all of a sudden they start leaking things to get the fans off their back.
doesn’t matter if fans love or hate them it’s how the shareholders vote that matters

Yeah

Certainly going to interesting how they do it in the Broomloan and Copland Stand as there is a retaining wall when you walk to the seating deck in the Sandy Jardine Front there isn't from memory

You also have the overhang on SJ Rear.

The drawing looks like the last couple of rows in the three stands will be removed and built up for wheelchairs.
Yeh looks like any ST holders in the back 3 rows of the Copland and Broomie front will be relocated elsewhere in the stadium.

I’ve a mate who literally has sat under where the old scoreboard used to be in the back row of the Copland front for 40 years. I’m going to message him, he will bump his gums but at the end of the day it’s for the greater good.

have to presume there’s been no engagement with these ticket holders too, which will be a kick in the teeth given that bf3 are being consulted on their future

Pretty sure we’re going to be required by law to increase the number of disabled spaces and the access to them, so it’ll be done regardless. Those affected will be contacted in due course id guess

Well I am shocked they’ve thrown something out to try and deflect attention away from real matters deserving answers tomorrow.

I suspect we’ll be told they’re going to have another study into safe standing too to try and deflect even further

You could be forgiven for thinking they’d been on the phone to Sir Duped today asking for ideas on deflection tactics

Back