AGM today

Anyone know the difference in circumstances with Kent and Alfie? Alfie with a family want to stay? Kent wants away?

Aye basically.

No legal stuff - they probably would said they can’t discuss as it’s ongoing but someone could’ve forced them to give that response at least.

Douglas Park’s master plan for success for the next 5 years is “to win trophies”. No detail just to win trophies. Smashing.

The player trading was extremely brief. Ross Wilson’s progress with the squad is “outstanding”.

Bacuna was a good move because it made some money.

We entered into the Souttar deal “with eyes wide open” and believe that somehow we can fix his injury history.

The rest of the stuff was from dumb punters and sadly is real.

The last question was about parking.

Buckle up for more mediocrity.
the gentleman that mentioned parking it was because he was disabled I'm sure

An absolute waste of questions to the board today at the AGM, they have got their get out of jail free card here.

So we basically signed Souttar as he was Scottish...

RW justifying his job because we made a profit on Bacuna?...

I just hope and pray that particular share holder can get the stocking fillers they crave so badly!

Team is a shambles and on a massive decline but at least we can get a Rangers pencil case for the weans....

Where you there?

In what way have they done well?

He’s probably the only option they knew would definitely said yes. I’m not saying he won’t be a good appointment but he was definitely the one that required minimal effort. The fact he also said it wasn’t a financial decision makes me believe he’s probably on less money here than he was at QPR.
You still couldn't describe him as the cheap option though. I'm not sure what you are basing minimal effort on, they felt he was the most appropriate candidate and is thought of very well by many. Just because he's known by the club doesn't mean they are being lazy

£1.5 million aint a lot, imo he has also be brung into try and get the squad he previously worked to be functioning again.
A new fresh manager would have wanted a big clear out and funds.
GVB and MB have been cheap options and to try and appease the fans.
MB has been built up to be some sort of messiah, he talks a great story so lets see what happens.
£1.5million is not a cheap option and you can say it as much as you like but it's not. There is plenty of other options out there that would have been a lot cheaper than hiring Beale and his team. And is there any problem if he's being brought in to get some of the old squad functioning again? If he's making our current players better than they have been surely that's the job of any good manager... why would we not go for him if that was the case?

I couldn't make the AGM, but followed on twitter while on my break and tbh I'm quite angry at the majority of the questions. There were some that were decent, but most the COVID one especially were truly embarrassing.

How do we go forward in future AGMs were we can ask meaningful questions and hold a board to tasks on failures, and help move our club forward cohesively, if morons are going treat it like they are phoning a customer service department?
Whatever YOU think, a shareholder felt this mattered to them. It’s their right tbh

It’s actually astonishing we didn’t move Kent on like Aribo. Aribo made it clear that he wasn’t signing a new deal and we moved him on. It sounds like Kent has done the same so he also should have been moved on. Instead we’ve let him just wind this season down. Horrendous management from everyone involved.
He has to want to leave. Easier for him to hold on and get a big fee than us get a transfer fee.
God some people just do not understand.

Just watched video of AGM there.
SR is hopeless. Speaks with no authority and waffles. Stepped in to defend RW and spoke about how much work he’d done and changes he’d made to the football department. He’s never, ever to go on and actually detail any of these improvements or changes made!! Give us something ffs!

Don’t even get me started on his response to the question regarding ticket prices. Basically, he knows there’s a cost of living crisis and that the fans have more than played their part recently, but doesn’t give a f*ck. A complete imposter who needs chased.

After the second of the Club 1872 questions that JB addressed, Douglas Park actually said “I’m lost” into the Mic. Just what we all want to hear from our Chairman, he’s lost at a question regarding Director Loans.

See all you cunts complaining and slagging the board. Get your hands in your pockets and get a few million into the club, like maybe, John Bennett.
Would not mind John Bennett being chairman
Well done John Bennett he spoke well

I do moan but have three seasons tickets buy tops and joined mygers and spent a fortune at Ibrox over years
happy to do my bit
If win lottery I will

So you did a straw poll? Either way folk criticising our supporters are way off the mark.
What the f**k are you talking about?You said the supporters weren’t allowed in today and I’m telling you every individual shareholder in attendance today IS a supporter,unless of course you think there’s hundreds of randoms that just happened to buy shares in us and fired along today for a jolly?!

What the f**k are you talking about?You said the supporters weren’t allowed in today and I’m telling you every individual shareholder in attendance today IS a supporter,unless of course you think there’s hundreds of randoms that just happened to buy shares in us and fired along today for a jolly?!
Nuance clearly isn’t your thing. Less aggression please.

I suspected last week that resolution 8 could be lost and that looks more likely now. King + C1872 v the Board could run and run with a much restricted ability to raise finance a likely outcome. I don’t know enough of the internal machinations to have an informed view of the situation only that if Res 8 is lost we will be in a difficult situation. The Board can still comfortably outvote King + C1872 on all but special resolutions so raising new finance could be problematic especially since it can’t, according to King, come from him. In the meantime the two groups will be at loggerheads, the board having voting control but King able to block new outsidevfinance. A rights issue anyone?
It should never have been five years in the first place

Yearly allows a check to be put on place 5 years leaves us open to all sorts of games getting played.

Playing Devil's advocate if board or large chunks of investors found someone willing to buy shares but had to have full control this is how they would do it by basically being able to issue 50 percent of shares over five years.

That's nothing as a fan base we can do to stop it

I hope and don't think board would do something like that but after what's happened to us I'm not sure I will fully trust any rangers board to put the club first again.

And I do appreciate what this board and all previous investors have done.

Did you hear his answer when asked about his 5 year plan for us?

Think that’s why people may be doubting the last sentence in your comment.
I responded to a post which mentioned Park was uncomfortable with public speaking and Dave King had alluded to that.

Douglas Park’s answer at the AGM is what we all wish to happen. He will be judged by history whether his actions in the coming months and years achieve this.

I remain suspicious that Mike Ashley is still in the shadows awaiting his chance for revenge, whether it is through the Kyle Fox wheeze or anything else that may appear. Until that possibility can never happen, I wish true Rangers men, whether those at board level now or some others in the future, to remain in position.

You're absolutely right mate. Every person attending the AGM, including the board, was a supporter first and foremost.

SR response gives me the fear moving forward. How can we have confidence recruitment will improve with him and RW in their positions? I wish someone had asked are our investors satisfied with how this squad has been assembled? Unbelievable.
You got your answer today. Gio is the scapegoat, Robertson and Wilson doing a great job. A chairman who can’t speak is the answer. A horrible few years ahead of the football club.

You still couldn't describe him as the cheap option though. I'm not sure what you are basing minimal effort on, they felt he was the most appropriate candidate and is thought of very well by many. Just because he's known by the club doesn't mean they are being lazy
Minimal effort, knows he will say yes, knows QPR will let him go, no interview needed in all honesty.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t interview anyone else regardless of what the newspapers say

Just watched the AGM. Just what it always is. Absolutely nothing ground breaking and carefully crafted political answers from all of the board (as you'd expect).

I was absolutely buckled at the guy going on about getting knocked back for his COVID passport though - thought Robertson done well just moving him on.

Robertson did strongly, strongly back Ross Wilson and said that they maybe haven't done a good job at getting out how much work Wilson does behind the scenes and how much he's moved on the football department. Couldn't agree more. Most of us have no idea what he does / has done.

The board recently done a round of statements etc. and said that they would "own" their lacklustre communication. We haven't heard a peep since, and they sacked the communication director and haven't replaced him.

They simply do not do a good job communicating with us on anything.

I'm glad as well director of football was shown up as well
His reaction when question was getting asked was priceless
my forecast is Beale will want to be his own man and Wilson will be gone in less than 6 months
Positive loyal
The Managers job is to be the shield of the Board, can’t you see this?

I responded to a post which mentioned Park was uncomfortable with public speaking and Dave King had alluded to that.

Douglas Park’s answer at the AGM is what we all wish to happen. He will be judged by history whether his actions in the coming months and years achieve this.

I remain suspicious that Mike Ashley is still in the shadows awaiting his chance for revenge, whether it is through the Kyle Fox wheeze or anything else that may appear. Until that possibility can never happen, I wish true Rangers men, whether those at board level now or some others in the future, to remain in position.
Don’t think anyone watching & listening to Park today can have confidence he’s got a real vision to take Rangers forward,he literally said at one point “I’m lost”.

£1.5million is not a cheap option and you can say it as much as you like but it's not. There is plenty of other options out there that would have been a lot cheaper than hiring Beale and his team. And is there any problem if he's being brought in to get some of the old squad functioning again? If he's making our current players better than they have been surely that's the job of any good manager... why would we not go for him if that was the case?
Who were the cheaper options?

The questions asked folk are dissing are important to the people putting their hand in their pockets to buy shares
Answered just how this board treat the majority of the fans... your only worthy of their time if your buying shares or part of corporate. Guess they won't miss the 40000 season ticket holders and those who follow the club week in week out home and away. Away and take a fck to yourself this Club and the support deserve better than those running us and fans who think your opinion only matters if you have some financial investment in the form of shares or donations that outway following the team everywhere and paying a fair amount to do so. Can guarantee you there's guys who aren't shareholders who have put more of their money towards than the club than someone with a few worthless shares.

If resolution 8 is voted down then there is a way round it in that the club could do what is known as a “cash box placing”. This next bit is boring and technical I know…... But, basically, you form a new subsidiary, typically a Jersey company. Investors subscribe for shares in that company (rather than the plc) but then immediately swap their shares in the subsidiary for shares in the plc. The plc effectively then owns a subsidiary with cash in it and the subsidiary distributes the cash to the plc. Because the transaction is, technically, a share for share exchange rather than a direct cash subscription by investors for shares in the plc, the pre-emption rights applicable to allotments of shares for cash don’t apply (ie you don’t need resolution 8). Doing a cash box placing isn’t exactly great corporate governance - institutional investors in, say, a FTSE 250 company wouldn’t much like it - but it’s legal and a few dozen listed companies have done them before (I know we are no longer listed but the same principles would apply). So if for any reason we do need to raise cash from investors (such as to fund the stadium plans described today) then I suspect we would either do a cash box placing, or convene another General Meeting and hope that a request for a specific approval (not a 5 year one) is met favourably. I suspect the latter is more likely what we would do. If Club 1872 voted against a clear proposal to fund a specific project then that would really show them in what most would consider to be an awful light. Their “5 year authority to issue an unlimited number of shares” chat would be a nonsense - it would be a specific authority for a specific purpose.

One thing I very much doubt we would do is go to the time and cost of producing a prospectus to do a rights issue - we wouldn’t get much change out of £1m or so as regards the cost of that I suspect.

Possibly but I’d be very surprised if John Bennett and George Taylor, senior investment managers with Janus Henderson and Morgan Stanley, would be happy to go down the cash box route. After all, as investment managers they expect good corporate governance. :) I’m not sure that 5 years or specific project would make a difference. Battle lines are being drawn up and that will overcome commercial logic. King, C1872 don’t need much support to kill any special resolution. Today's vote will go some way towards clarifying Kings supporters.

It should never have been five years in the first place

Yearly allows a check to be put on place 5 years leaves us open to all sorts of games getting played.

Playing Devil's advocate if board or large chunks of investors found someone willing to buy shares but had to have full control this is how they would do it by basically being able to issue 50 percent of shares over five years.

That's nothing as a fan base we can do to stop it

I hope and don't think board would do something like that but after what's happened to us I'm not sure I will fully trust any rangers board to put the club first again.

And I do appreciate what this board and all previous investors have done.

Frankly I’m much more concerned about the emerging battle between King + C1872 and the board than I am with 1 or 5 years. This could well seriously impact our progress by making funding more difficult producing a power stalemate. I think we’re all pretty pissed off with internal fighting within Rangers.

It was good to see Mr Park snr offer an olive branch out to c1872 and state he doesn't have a problem with them and it was never his intention to fall out with them, but that the NDA needs signed first. Laura's reply stating she would be happy to release email exchanges regarding that suggests that might not happen anytime soon though.

Would not mind John Bennett being chairman
Well done John Bennett he spoke well

I do moan but have three seasons tickets buy tops and joined mygers and spent a fortune at Ibrox over years
happy to do my bit
If win lottery I will
Same here mate. Really annoys me when folk stand up asking idiot questions about loans. I'd have said guess what halfwit, a loan means it gets paid back at some point.

To be fair they closed the meeting around 11.45'ish.There were many people waiting to ask questions. I was hoping to ask about the Sydney Cup disaster. They should have extended the time.

Thought the Q and A with the manager was a rerun of his online piece. Waste of time really.

Personally, thought the meeting was disappointing.

To be fair they closed the meeting around 11.45'ish.There were many people waiting to ask questions. I was hoping to ask about the Sydney Cup disaster. They should have extended the time.

Thought the Q and A with the manager was a rerun of his online piece. Waste of time really.

Personally, thought the meeting was disappointing.
I'm sure AGM during Murray time it was over a hour and half?

It was good to see Mr Park snr offer an olive branch out to c1872 and state he doesn't have a problem with them and it was never his intention to fall out with them, but that the NDA needs signed first. Laura's reply stating she would be happy to release email exchanges regarding that suggests that might not happen anytime soon though.
What Club 1872 want, as far as I can see, is access to board business without any restraint on them using it to attack board/club. Basically Club 1872 is worse than a waste of space.

I know you and I have different perspectives on the integrity of the incumbent board of C1872, but they've put on record why they say they won't sign it.

They cite "legal advice". They have claimed to have legal advice on other matters, but never revealed who their counsel is (and their claims have contradicted legal advise sought by others). As a member's (contributor's) organisation, it's not unreasonable for Contributors to ask who provides their legal advice.

It would also be highly unusual if the NDA the PLC has asked them to sign would have the effect they claim. "Confidential Information" covered by NDAs is usually restricted to that revealed between the parties to the NDA for the reasons covered by the NDA.

Needless to say, I am a little cynical.

Answered just how this board treat the majority of the fans... your only worthy of their time if your buying shares or part of corporate. Guess they won't miss the 40000 season ticket holders and those who follow the club week in week out home and away. Away and take a fck to yourself this Club and the support deserve better than those running us and fans who think your opinion only matters if you have some financial investment in the form of shares or donations that outway following the team everywhere and paying a fair amount to do so. Can guarantee you there's guys who aren't shareholders who have put more of their money towards than the club than someone with a few worthless shares.
I’ve not got shares mate , I’m certainly not gonny go on social media and destroy lads questions from today , coz they were obviously important to them

Back