Director John Bennett - now in for £23million

Hopefully with cashflow being so good we won't need to utilise the £10m overdraft facility but it's a great offer from Mr Bennett.

Is cash flow so good though? Bennett mentioned yesterday that February onwards was a fallow period for the club & was expecting some draw down.

Is cash flow so good though? Bennett mentioned yesterday that February onwards was a fallow period for the club & was expecting some draw down.
It did appear good especially when it was stated yesterday we have £13m in cash but there are two projects,EH and BSP, which probably will make a dent into that I suspect. I reckon we probably will ask Mr Bennett to cover some costs near the end of the season but fingers crossed it's nowhere near the full amount.

It's okay, a man of his ability could attain a significantly better return elsewhere though if he wanted to.
Absolutely. And Rangers would be lucky to be paying double that commercially, even if they could find a lender willing to lend. Most fans are financial illiterates with only a simplistic view of things. DoF noted yesterday that previous "material uncertainty" para had been removed from audit report...first time in,what, 10 years. Commercial lenders don't want to know without clean audit report. About time people realised that the board have heavily invested to take up slack.

John’s a banker is he not?

I wonder how liquid he is or whether it’s a case of preferential lending rates?

Regardless, at least his heart is in the right place but let’s not kid ourselves that John is some kind of philanthropist.

John’s a banker is he not?

I wonder how liquid he is or whether it’s a case of preferential lending rates?

Regardless, at least his heart is in the right place but let’s not kid ourselves that John is some kind of philanthropist.
Fund manager.

Other lenders are available. Try getting one for millions to a football club.
Amazing commitment from JB.

I realise most clubs borrow, so am in no way criticizing, but I do wonder, will we ever be "debt free"? ie not paying back loans of some description, or borrowing somewhere along the way?

I'm beginning to doubt it.

Think John Bennett deserved the criticism that came off the back of the RTV interview a few months ago. That has borne out as we’ve had to replace the manager within a couple of months of everything being rosey on the playing side.

He and the rest of the board deserve huge credit for their continued time and money invested in the club and we are lucky to have these Rangers men involved.

Wilson, I fear is their next blind spot though.

I think the issue most have is Park is Chairman.
Bennett should be the Chairman.
That's not that bad an idea.
Park is pretty poor when it comes to public speaking. Bennett is far better in that respect although there are a lot of aspects of board > fan communications/relationship that need improving.

Bennett, would probably provide a better figurehead in that respect.
Kind of off topic but what exactly is Graeme Park's role or even purpose - is he purely there because his old man is the chairman?

Back