Tilman

FFGR1972

5/6 million

If that’s the rumoured fee.

Pay it, **not just based on tonight **

The market of players we can sign is limited, he’s a win for us, if we pay that fee we make it back, he’s a proper player

He’s a Bayern academy player, a player who maybe didn’t “make it” there but that education does matter and will hold value

We can scout all we want, finding players you can see a 10 million plus fee won’t happen often, he is that, we would make money on him.

He might not be the best player in the country (yet) but he has something worth investing in

Think the issue might be can we afford him given that we are probably looking at maybe needing 5-7 players minimum going into next season?

Just can't see us spending anywhere near £4-5m on a single player for the foreseeable future.

this is proper Scott Steiner math

Last summer we went about 6 million in fees on Davies and Matondo

If you told me we needed to sign Porteous and no fee to get Tilman and the fee with that comparable budget for 2 players, if that’s the kind of average spend we have to work with, I’d be OK with that business

He looks to have a lot more energy since the break. Maybe he needed a rest or he's finally up to match fitness. He's a class act, if he keeps up the workrate to go with his quality 6 mills a bargain.

I go back and forward with him every other week.

I see a lot of similarities with Aribo and not just because of his assists tonight. I often had the same frustrations especially during Joe’s first couple of seasons.

It’s his first season of proper first team football and he’s come from Bayerns academy to the demands of playing for us. It can’t be easy and overall he’s shown up better than most this season.

I’d be inclined to pay it. We’d only spunk the money elsewhere.

The only real concern I have is when we’re up against it he’s often a passenger.

He does have the potential to get us a lot of money in the future, everything depends on his attitude going forward.

If he works his balls off, he can become a very good player.

Lots of fans going nuts at half time….poor, lazy, offering nothing, not worth the fee, get him off etc….second half he sets up both goals.

He is someone that can decide games with a bit of genuine class and we are thin on the ground with those. He’s only 20, I’m ok that he’ll have games where he’s largely ineffective if he’s producing those moments of brilliance to decide games.

Mad idea I know but maybe assess this at the end of the season rather than on the back of a decent second half as he was anonymous in the first half
Games last 90 minutes?

You’re saying asses him at the end of a season while judging him on half games?

Last edited:
He's basically Aribo without the magic feet and with a better instinct in front of goal. Strong, presses well and draws players to him. He'll flourish under Beale

I reckon, a lot of people forget he's still really young and inexperienced. People just expect the finished article because of the club he signed from. Hope we sign him up for next season and he goes up a level or two.

5/6 million

The market of players we can sign is limited, he’s a win for us, if we pay that fee we make it back, he’s a proper player

He’s a Bayern academy player, a player who maybe didn’t “make it” there but that education does matter and will hold value

We can scout all we want, finding players you can see a 10 million plus fee won’t happen often, he is that, we would make money on him.

He might not be the best player in the country (yet) but he has something worth investing in
Him and Hagi will tear it up

Of course sign him he’s full of talent. It’s the managers job to motivate him. Issue for fans is he makes it look effortless and apparently running and chasing around like a headless chicken is the new way to play football cause that shows commitment. For me he has switch off a few times and drifts but imagine him switched on 90mins. He and Jack start every game

5/6 million

Completely agree, he has that spark in midfield which we've been crying out for since Gerrard's tenure. He has some frustrating moments but the good massively outnumbers the bad and as he gets older he'll only improve. Enormous potential.

Can see he’s got potential. Could maybe have been eased in a bit better earlier in the season rather than starting as many games, but obviously we couldn’t do that because of injuries.

Would definitely like us to keep him if we can.

We should be buying him reminds me a lot of Aribo really difficult to get the ball away from him and can usually get the assist in as he did with Alfie's goal last night. Very unlucky with a few through passes he attempted as well, he's a buy.

Got to sign him, hopefully a good couple of years then make a fortune. Credit to Ross Wilson on the recruitment.

He looks to have a lot more energy since the break. Maybe he needed a rest or he's finally up to match fitness. He's a class act, if he keeps up the workrate to go with his quality 6 mills a bargain.
Or having a Gaffer who focusses on fitness and sharpness, rather than horesehoe.
A lot of players were less than energetic under Gio, and have stepped it up already.

Well, according to some of the geniuses on here he's shite and should be sent back. Fabulous player, he needs to just keep himself switched on the whole game.

Got to sign him. Is the money maybe a little bit high - yes. But we know what we’re getting with him as oppossed to taking a punt on replacing him in the summer and getting another Matondo. Him now and Hagi before him are proof that the loan to buy method works.

Is the fee worth the risk my personal opinion is yes his potential is huge he is only gonna get better and everything going well rangers will end up making a massive profit on him possibly even a record sale in a year or 2 time

This lad has excited me from day 1. He has a talent set that I think only Hagi possesses in that he can pull out one or two moments of magic and that can turn a game, he picks pockets, he's hard to dispossess and even off balance and falling over he can still create something. Teams find it hard to mark him because he drifts and drags you all over the place. I loved Aribo, but I think this lad will be an upgrade.

Technically he is absolutely streets ahead of anyone else we have available.

5m if that's the fee - then i would pay it and build the team round him - considering this is his first season in full time men's football i don't understand what some people expect?

There really is so much potential there. Technically excellent, probably the most technically gifted player we have. He is tall, strong, good leap on him and decent in the air when he jumps (not like at their first goal).

He has an issue that he looks a bit lazy and one other thing before Beale came in, he didn't look fit. By the 65th min you could see he was blowing out of his arse. Struggling to run, his passing etc became laboured. Get his fitness levels up and work rate up we could have a real star here.

Back