Scotland women’s football team in dispute with SFA over pay & conditions.

luckywhitefeather

This will eventually have serious repurcussions on all clubs that have a women’s side ,

Many won’t like to face it, but we are opening ourselves up to claims further down the line as long as rangers have a women’s team.

Does anyone know what type of money woman's football generates ticket sales, sponsorship, champions league ect ?

I don't see why they cant be paid a certain percentage based upon what they earn from prize money and so on

"The Scottish women's national team want the SFA to match the actions of the Football Association of Ireland, which pays the same match appearance fee to its male and female players." Before anyone decides that they are campaigning for Haalland's wages.

It's fairly open and shut for me, the women's national team should receive the same amount in "appearance fees" as the men do. For context, the men tend to donate it to charities etc as it's not a massive sum. The SFA will be forced to do it if it ends up in court so they may as well get ahead of it and do it now.

It's similar to the women at Wimbledon who play best of 3 sets compared to the best of 5 for the men. They get paid the same as the men, which seems unfair to me.

Mind you, the women in tennis get good crowds compared to Women's football.

Agree with other posters that they don't deserve the same as the men.

"The Scottish women's national team want the SFA to match the actions of the Football Association of Ireland, which pays the same match appearance fee to its male and female players." Before anyone decides that they are campaigning for Haalland's wages.

It's fairly open and shut for me, the women's national team should receive the same amount in "appearance fees" as the men do. For context, the men tend to donate it to charities etc as it's not a massive sum. The SFA will be forced to do it if it ends up in court so they may as well get ahead of it and do it now.
Yeah it's an easy fix. And it's completely separate to mens pay at club level.

Surely, like the mens game, finances should be linked to wealth generation? Create enough money generating interest, and reap the rewards?

Stop bringing sensible, well thought out points into this. People would rather assume they know the story and make reactionary overblown comments

Even easier option would be to scrap all appearance fees and donate the lot to charity.

You are representing your country, you should want to do it. If you don’t, don’t make yourself available for selection. Simple as that.

There is a legitimate question of can rangers afford to invest that type of money in a women’s side when we are trying to compete with the financial advantage the tims have / pay in wages to their senior men’s team
On the other hand can we completely ignore the big growth in girls attending our games and the increasing growth of young girls now having a dream of playing professional football.the England women’s team are selling out stadiums everywhere they play in England.
rangers are fully committed to the women’s team and I for one think it’s great,young girls going to Ibrox with there dad can now dream of pulling on a rangers jersey and playing for the club they support.

I think International football is different from Club football.I don't see how you can raise a parity issue when there is likely to be no 2 players in the men's squad on the same money.Then there is the issue about the crowds and advertising revenue they bring to the Club.
That's not to say they shouldn't get decent money but there is no equivalence to say Morelos banging in goals in major European games and the Centre Forward in the woman's team scoring against Gasgow City.Its not an eggs foe eggs situation.

They want the same appearance fee and same basic standards that the men get for playing for their country, they’re not saying they should be earning thousands of pounds a week ffs.

Ireland had their women changing into youth team tracksuits in airport toilets then the same when landing back home, how is that any way to treat people representing their country?

Surely, like the mens game, finances should be linked to wealth generation? Create enough money generating interest, and reap the rewards?
Seems fair enough surely. We've just seen folk getting excited at a crowd of 3,700 for one of the major cup finals.

Their pay should be based on attendances, sponsorships, tv deals etc. It’s not a comparable situation between mens and woman’s football

Someone above has mentioned Wimbledon. Women want equal pay but play 3 seats instead of 5. That’s not equal pay, that’s preferential treatment - they should have to play 5 sets like the men if they want equal pay

Seems fair enough surely. We've just seen folk getting excited at a crowd of 3,700 for one of the major cup finals.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the promotion of the women game, and I love Rangers are investing in it, but like any business, it needs to be profitable.

And Lizzi Arnott could totally teach our men a thing or two about taking corners !! Phenomenal

So Stirling Albion players should get the same as our players?
These clowns not get the concept of supply and demand. They already get way more in comparison to what their crowds generate.
WE the fans are already subsidising them massively.
But hey, this was always going to be the next step.

This will eventually have serious repurcussions on all clubs that have a women’s side ,

Many won’t like to face it, but we are opening ourselves up to claims further down the line as long as rangers have a women’s team.

The dusty blazers at the SFA will be ruffled no doubt

So Stirling Albion players should get the same as our players?
These clowns not get the concept of supply and demand. They already get way more in comparison to what their crowds generate.
WE the fans are already subsidising them massively.
But hey, this was always going to be the next step.

Do Stirling Albion players represent their country? Not remotely the same thing.

It's similar to the women at Wimbledon who play best of 3 sets compared to the best of 5 for the men. They get paid the same as the men, which seems unfair to me.

Mind you, the women in tennis get good crowds compared to Women's football.

Agree with other posters that they don't deserve the same as the men.

Yeah they do get much better crowds than womens football but they still get considerably lower attendances than the men. Judging crowds at Wimbledon is difficult because people are often paying for a court which could have a variety of mens and womens matches on throughout the day.

They fully deserve to be on at least the same if not more as they actually qualify for tournaments and win games

By putting more cash into grass roots it may produce a team that could win things the men only dream about
No, they don't. They deserve to take a share of what their success generates, and as the women game grows, the rewards will grow with it.

Let them campaign for Haalands wages, the thread would be unreal

No, they don't. They deserve to take a share of what their success generates, and as the women game grows, the rewards will grow with it.

aye, but if you want the women's game to get better you need to invest in it.

All the best men are playing football, the women could well be in an office cos it isn't financially viable to pursue a career in the game.

This new gender bill.
Crap male footballer says he’s a woman to play in a woman’s league to get same money as men.
So all the men do it. Real woman can’t get a game.
Where does all this sh!t end.
It's got comedy potential - 11 amateur level jobber representing Scotland and get them to the women's WC. Let's see the videos of Sturgeon supporting that

Front loading is needed here as they’re already playing catch up , if you read it it’s about getting money into grassroots football rather than wages

Simple ,scrap appearance payments and give them a cap,it worked well enough before.It was once deemed as an honour to get a cap.

Yeah they do get much better crowds than womens football but they still get considerably lower attendances than the men. Judging crowds at Wimbledon is difficult because people are often paying for a court which could have a variety of mens and womens matches on throughout the day.

TV viewing figures for matches should have been the clincher.

Men’s tennis generally receives considerably higher viewing figures than the women.

Of course, the women are all over that saying the men receive better, more widespread coverage :))

It's funny how they cherry pick equality.

Give it a few years til jobbers from the Sunday league chop there baws aff to be top 'womens' footballers.
Don't think it will be that severe, if the SNP's gender recognition proposal gets pushed through the jobbers will be able to self-identify as women without having to prove it.

Back