World Cup 2022 World Cup Betting Thread

Clutching at straws there like, not even sure it was on target and there is a man behind the lad who blocked it anyway:

Shot on Target​

Opta defines a shot on target as any goal attempt that:

• Goes into the net regardless of intent - For Goals only.
  • Is a clear attempt to score that would have gone into the net but for being saved by the goalkeeper or is stopped by a player who is the last-man with the goalkeeper having no chance of preventing the goal (last line block).

Shots blocked by another player, who is not the last-man, are not counted as shots on target. Shots directly hitting the frame of the goal are not counted as shots on target, unless the ball goes in and is awarded as a goal.
Fair enough. Still sent a shitty email…

I think if France play like they did tonight and against England the Argies will do them tbh. Can see Messi running a mock in the left side of their defence.
It’s there to be won like. Really not sure. I’ve got France, not for much - happy to just see a good final really, would actually like to see Argentina win.

When you bet on the wrong World Cup :))

Fj-EM7yXEAcuUU4

Depends on the market.

If it’s top goalscorer he’s done, then I think Wazza is correct. If it’s golden boot, then they’ll only pay out on the winner.

100% top goalscorer market I used. I can't imagine Bet365 using assists as they are pretty stingy usually.

I was thinking it'd be the same as a dead heat in horse racing eg odds halved.

Some bookies might pay out full price for some good PR but I doubt 365 will.

100% top goalscorer market I used. I can't imagine Bet365 using assists as they are pretty stingy usually.

Still on 365 now mate. Lol all the Croatia and Morocco players still offered as goals in the 3rd place count as well.

Still on 365 now mate. Lol all the Croatia and Morocco players still offered as goals in the 3rd place count as well.

It's a four horse really isn't it. Messi and Mbappe out in front with Giroud and Alvarez not out the running.

For all the shocks at this WC the cream has pretty much risen to the top in the end.

Expect the final to be a tight affair but hopefully it's a good spectacle. Lot of criticism aimed at this year's tournament but when you concentrate solely on the football it hasn't been that bad! That said, cannot wait to see the Light Blues run out tomorrow night.

It is the same as a horse dead heat but as above it’s the stake not odds that is halved .

I've got a 20 quid double on mbappe golden Boot and Argentina to lift the trophy at 66/1. May sound daft, but surely golden Boot is simply top goalscorer? Or am I missing something?

I've got a 20 quid double on mbappe golden Boot and Argentina to lift the trophy at 66/1. May sound daft, but surely golden Boot is simply top goalscorer? Or am I missing something?
Level on goals with Messi but 1 assist behind. Obviously just needs to outscore Messi on Sunday but a couple of assists should win the bet too.

Golden Boot is top goalscorer.
Golden Ball is player of the tournament.

Friend of mine has 1k AUD on Messi at 7/1 to win Golden Ball, he's now 1/5 favourite.

Bet365 also had a top scorer market. This will be settled using dead heat rules, rather than assists.

Personally I would always prefer betting on Top Goalscorer than Golden Boot. Don’t like how the latter goes to assists etc…

2010 was a right carry on:

The four top scorers in the tournament had five goals each. All of the four top scorers also came from the teams that finished in the top four, Spain, the Netherlands, Germany, and Uruguay. The Golden Boot went to Thomas Müller of Germany who had three assists, compared to one for the three others. The Silver Boot went to David Villa of Spain, who played a total of 635 minutes, and the Bronze Boot to Wesley Sneijder of the Netherlands, who played 652 minutes. Diego Forlán of Uruguay had five goals and one assist in 654 minutes. A further three players scored four goals.

Forlan won Golden Ball in that, sure he was 66/1 even after they lost the semi.

Just saying there on Talksport how Schillachi won Golden Boot in 90 off his goal in the 3rd place play off.

Yeah the 3rd place play offs count, I'm glad France got through without Mbappe scoring as I've got a lump on Messi top goal scorer
I'd be more concerned about Kramaric getting 4 on Saturday!

What a crap way it would be to lose a bet like that though, if you were done in the 3rd place play off when your man had got Final and possibly won the comp and the Golden Ball.

Last edited:
I'd be more concerned about Kramaric getting 4 on Saturday!

What a crap way it would be to lose a bet like that though, if you were done in the 3rd place play off when your man had got Final and possibly won the comp and the Golden Ball.
yeah its not the best counting the 3rd place play off, I wish they got rid of it, we could've had Barasic back for Tuesday night as well

I cashed out my mbappe top scorer bet for £45 after he never scored v England. Got Messi for Golden ball aswell, £50 return, PP offering £30 cash out so hopefully he gets awarded that, he's been tremendous this tournament so can't see anyone else getting it

Paddy giving you a free bet builder for the final if you put one on the third-place game (up to a fiver). Have to opt in first.

Croatia and France to win by 2+ goals -24-1
Croatia /Morocco over 2 goals total and France to win by 2 -10-1
Lets go Croats and French!

What's the thinking for tomorrow then folks? Got a wee accy up today only £65 from a fiver for interest, going to invest the lot. Odds are fairly generous for a lot of stuff.

Messi & Mbappe 1+ SOT each in 90 mins - evens
Each Team 1+ Corner in Each Half & Each Team 1+ SOT in Each Half - 13/8

Will put a couple more on tomorrow at longer odds.

Argentina slight favs now at betfair. Expect that’s the flu rumour. Expected money would come for France myself and they’d go off clear favs, looking unlikely now.

Have three live bets:
Argentina each way to win the tournament. Worth just over £50 they win it.
Argentina/Messi top scorer double - 25/1
France/Mbappe top scorer double - 33/1

I've got £15 on Argentina at 11/2
£10 on Messi top goalscorer
£5 on Messi Golden Boot, Golden Ball and Argies win WC @ 66/1

So all my bets for the game will be forza Argies :)

Last edited:
Mbappe top scorer £20 @ 10/1 still in with a chance.

So far i’ve also done £10 on France to win, over 8 corners and Mbappe to have a shot on target boosted to 8/1.

Might be bigger somewhere but Griezmann 8/1 man of match could be a bet at 365. Not too sure though with it being voted for online through FIFA.

Last edited:
Back