MOTM Poll Rangers v Aberdeen - 15:00 Sunday - Viaplay Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For all the negativity about greegsy,thought he done us proud today.
No chance with the goal and a couple of class saves.
Well done big man.
Sorry but no chance at their goal? He just stood rooted to the spot no effort what so ever to even try to make a save, said early on he should have been subbed after their offside goal as he was going to cost us a goal . Fair enough he made some crucial saves especially one at death but in my honest opinion that should be his last game for Rangers. Great servant but at least a year past it now.

On way back from hampden. That was brutal but delighted with the win.

What happened at their goal? Everyone stopped for a offside?

Mcgregor - bizarre at their goal, excellent saves

Tav - was ok
Goldson - v good
Davies - strolled it
Borna - ok

Jack - superb
Lundstram - awful
Tillman - ok

Kent - great
Sakala - caused havoc, shooting poor
Morelos - poor when given a chance but the rest of his game was excellent

Kamara - did well
Devine - ok but it did lessen the LW threat
Roofe - great goal
Mccann - couple.of good moments, a couple of poor ones
Wright - today summed him up - superb at the winner, spent the rest of game looking like he'd played 400mins instead of 40 - then that mentalness at the end which nearly cost us

Beale - credit for making things happen with changes
He didnt save anything he shouldn't have but what was he doing at their offside goal? he's done.

He didnt save anything he shouldn't have but what was he doing at their offside goal? he's done.
It’s at the stage now where some people go way overboard with any bog standard save that every single keeper in the league would be making.

Couldn't resist a wee peek on the sheep forum.

Some absolutely sickening posts on page 32.
No need to elaborate.......disgraceful.

Then had 2 match winning saves in ET. Surprised you thought the goal his fault when his defenders looked like headless chickens. Miovski could have put it anywhere. He's made his mistakes but that wasn't one of them. The back four on the other hand..........
Match winning saves? If he doesnt make those saves you are going mental man. They are saves every keeper on earth should be making. Im more concerned with the fact that he doesnt even attempt to save the offside goal, the one that hit the post and was caught in no mans land for their opener. and that every ball into the 6 yard box is a heart in mouth moment when he should be collecting them without issue.

hes done. today was not a good performance. at very best it was a 5/10 from him.

There was nothing wrong with Wright today

He was excellent at the winner
Had some nice moves after that

His fitness looks way way short of requirements
On as a sub and struggling to run by the end

And the last min idiocy when all it needed was to take it into the corner and see if out
He nearly cost us with that

Sorry but no chance at their goal? He just stood rooted to the spot no effort what so ever to even try to make a save, said early on he should have been subbed after their offside goal as he was going to cost us a goal . Fair enough he made some crucial saves especially one at death but in my honest opinion that should be his last game for Rangers. Great servant but at least a year past it now.
Aye fair enough
...lol
He made some match winning saves.
Cmon man..he done OK today

So you saying he never made a couple of decent saves.
One right at the end especially.
Oh and it was his fault the defence fell asleep again for their goal?
He done well today.
He made 2 saves that any professional goalkeeper is making. They are bog standard saves. His standards have dropped so badly that some people actually think they were great saves.

Where was he in the offside goal, static for the through ball then let the shot through him. Where was he for the goal? Static for the through ball then made no effort to cut out the cross or the shot.

He is done and costing us far more than he’s saving.

So you saying he never made a couple of decent saves.
One right at the end especially.
Oh and it was his fault the defence fell asleep again for their goal?
He done well today.
Also the last save he made, he shouldn’t be having to make that because that ball into our left back area was the keepers ball all day long but as usual he stayed in his goal which allowed them to get a cross in.

Can't believe McGregor was not out for that ball.
Absolutely watching on RTV So not sure where he is when the pass forward is made but fully expected him to come out and dispatch the ball into the stand we are pushed up to half keeper must cover that through ball. Love the big man but his time is done sorry

Result in a semi is obviously more important than the performance. I agree some of the boys weren’t at their best but that pitch is an absolute disgrace for a national stadium and suited them more than us.

He made 2 saves that any professional goalkeeper is making. They are bog standard saves. His standards have dropped so badly that some people actually think they were great saves.

Where was he in the offside goal, static for the through ball then let the shot through him. Where was he for the goal? Static for the through ball then made no effort to cut out the cross or the shot.

He is done and costing us far more than he’s saving.
Mate...haters are gonna hate.
I'm not saying he's brilliant I'm saying he done OK today.
He made the saves and we're in the final..
I'm happy for him and us.
We all know it's his swansong lets give him a bit credit he's done us proud throughout his career.
The end is nigh.

Just back. Seems we were intent on trying to make a lady's front bottom of that today. It should never be that hard against a team of that calibre.

Match winning saves? If he doesnt make those saves you are going mental man. They are saves every keeper on earth should be making. Im more concerned with the fact that he doesnt even attempt to save the offside goal, the one that hit the post and was caught in no mans land for their opener. and that every ball into the 6 yard box is a heart in mouth moment when he should be collecting them without issue.

hes done. today was not a good performance. at very best it was a 5/10 from him.
I don’t disagree that Greeg’s best days are behind him but frankly he is not our main worry. That defence is much, much more of a problem. We’ll have to agree to differ on the saves though I’m surprised you think someone so past it is still capable of quality saves like that.

Mate...haters are gonna hate.
I'm not saying he's brilliant I'm saying he done OK today.
He made the saves and we're in the final..
I'm happy for him and us.
We all know it's his swansong lets give him a bit credit he's done us proud throughout his career.
The end is nigh.
Haters? I’m not a hater but can see a major problem that is going to cost us umpteen goals if he continues in goal as he has shown since last season.

I don’t disagree that Greeg’s best days are behind him but frankly he is not our main worry. That defence is much, much more of a problem. We’ll have to agree to differ on the saves though I’m surprised you think someone so past it is still capable of quality saves like that.
Funny how the defence look much more solid when McGregor isn’t playing.

Must be a coincidence

Luckily I booked the 27th off.

Same day as a potential Newcastle final too and I’d hate my colleagues to get in before me.

Hard work today but we were by far the better team.

I’m pleased with our patience on such a shitty pitch.

Apparently when VAR went down it was because the VAR official jumped up to celebrate our goal and accidentally pulled the plug. Just shows not everything is a conspiracy. there's always an innocent explanation for these things.

Last edited:
Firstly, we’re in the cup final. We can’t win cups without being in the final, so that was job done today.

Also, for the neutral, a cracking cup tie with good moments from each team.

My big gripes are, why do we get ourselves into winning positions, by one goal, and yet start to play keep ball ? It’s dangerous & puts the result at risk unnecessarily in my opinion.

Finally, we truly need legs in that team. They got too much dangerous possession today, without any great creativity, but just down to runs not being tracked effectively.
Couldn't agree more, get into a winning position then sit back instead of going for the kill, madness.

Through to a final but made hard work of it as always.

Thought we were fine in the first half and in typical fashion we went 1-0 behind due to pathetic defending - it’s like our defence hadn’t paid attention to the numerous long balls Aberdeen were playing prior to the goal.

Not seen a replay but to me Barišić and Davies were all over the place.

Same old Rangers, absolutely toothless in front of goal and cannot finish off the opposition. I don’t know what’s going on with Kamara and Morelos but they are miles off it.

That was a hard slog. Our defence is a shambles at times and Barasic, Davies and the keeper were absent at their goal. We desperatley need a keeper that can dominate the box. We created very little. Our choices at times were frustrating, failing to play a simple pass and running into trouble. What on earth is going on with Lundstram? We need an overhaul.

Quality saves? both of which were straight at him? FFS id probably be able to save them.

Goalkeeping is one of the top 3, if not THE top worry. Improving the Central midfield and GK kills a lot of our defensive woes. Chiefly that more often than not the keeper is being beaten by basic attempts on target, they cant sweep balls in behind the defence effectively, they cant command their box at crosses or set pieces and their distribution is poor. If goalkeeper distribution is better less turnovers. If shot stopping is better, less goals conceded, particularly from long range. If more commanding then less goals conceded from set pieces and crosses. Central midfield, and to a lesser extent the full backs, are partially responsible for this. But the GK is the last line of defence in this regard and our goalkeeper is more akin to a sieve rather than a rock when it comes to that.

Right, mental question....what was the song played on the tannoy before extra time. It's been annoying me since .

Back