MOTM Poll Rangers v Aberdeen - 15:00 Sunday - Viaplay Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Today made my mind up that we shouldn't keep Tillman.

Very lazy and uninterested at times. We need grafters and for the money quoted, I think we could get much better.
Couldn't disagree more. Some of his touches were sublime, capable of creating something from nowhere and more consistent end product than Kent.
Thought he was one of our better performers again today

I reckon the players deserve a lot of credit for that today. To play on that disgrace of a pitch aint easy and they showed the required spirit to get the win. A few pretty good performances in their as well. Terrible goal to lose but that aside you cant be too unhappy.
I thought our players didn’t stop battling and put everything into it today.the players attitude is questioned constantly but I thought they all stepped today

Well done Rangers. One more hurdle to bring the trophy back to Ibrox now.
Hope Kemar isn't badly injured. Questions have to be asked why we are expected to play on a pitch in that state.

I’m surprised there isn’t a separate thread on McGregor. I was right behind the offside goal and it was hit right at him, he ducked out the way. Didn’t cover himself in glory at their goal then turned every corner and ball into the box into a lottery with his total lack of presence.

Looking a year past being done now, needs put out to pasture.

For all the negativity about greegsy,thought he done us proud today.
No chance with the goal and a couple of class saves.
Well done big man.

Shocking pitch, disgraceful stadium, midfield and goalie were gash (for 80% of game), played a team of cloggers with two decent players in Coulson and Duk……we won

‘Roon ye Dolly!

I’m surprised there isn’t a separate thread on McGregor. I was right behind the offside goal and it was hit right at him, he ducked out the way. Didn’t cover himself in glory at their goal then turned every corner and ball into the box into a lottery with his total lack of presence.

Looking a year past being done now, needs put out to pasture.

Then had 2 match winning saves in ET. Surprised you thought the goal his fault when his defenders looked like headless chickens. Miovski could have put it anywhere. He's made his mistakes but that wasn't one of them. The back four on the other hand..........

Last edited:
Delighted to get through but the number of chances we gave up was worrying. We still lack a killer instinct and could have paid for it.

@Edweird you able to get a still of this?
giphy.gif

Mission accomplished.

That was a tough watch at times. There were enough basic errors from both sides to fill an hour-long blooper reel. And it wasn't just down to the pitch.

Update on Roofe

Reported a few mins ago - On the Kemar Roofe shoulder injury, Beale said: "We won't know until he has a scan tomorrow. It's not a dislocation, it's just a heavy landing."
It did look like a heavy landing, however when you consider hits and falls rugby players take minute by minute in a rugby match, Roofe looks like he has a medical condition like osteoporosis or something

Mcgregor - bizarre at their goal, excellent saves

Tav - was ok
Goldson - v good
Davies - strolled it
Borna - ok

Jack - superb
Lundstram - awful
Tillman - ok

Kent - great
Sakala - caused havoc, shooting poor
Morelos - poor when given a chance but the rest of his game was excellent

Kamara - did well
Devine - ok but it did lessen the LW threat
Roofe - great goal
Mccann - couple.of good moments, a couple of poor ones
Wright - today summed him up - superb at the winner, spent the rest of game looking like he'd played 400mins instead of 40 - then that mentalness at the end which nearly cost us

Beale - credit for making things happen with changes

I know we won, and I'm delighted we're in the final, but that was really tough to watch.
Why are we never as up for a game against this lot as they are with us? it's every fecking game against them now.
And what the feck were we doing at the end?? sloppiness nearly cost us the win.
Tough game on a shit pitch, granted, but our attitude needs to change, we can't keep giving teams a goal of a start before we wake up ffs

Happy to be in the final, but we badly need a new goalkeeper, competition at centre back, Tavernier weaned out the team for Devine, a midfield playmaker and Ridvan to return and get a run in the team.
Happy to be in the final, but we badly need a new goalkeeper, competition at centre back, Tavernier weaned out the team for Devine, a midfield playmaker and Ridvan to return and get a run in the team.
All of the above. Twice.
Borna and Davies were all over the place at their goal, no clue where the danger was coming from.
Decision making at the back is woeful, we put pressure on ourselves needlessly. That includes Greegs perma decision not to come for crosses.

Can see why Beale wants two midfielders in. Jack can’t control midfield on his own. Really need a Stuart McCall type to break up play and a proper box to box midfielder to link up play to help the forward line. Also we need a competent defender who can organise the defence properly. McGregor had two good saves but gives me the fear at times with his slow reactions and staying on his line. Defence looks more comfortable with McLaughlin in goal at present.

Mcgregor - bizarre at their goal, excellent saves

Tav - was ok
Goldson - v good
Davies - strolled it
Borna - ok

Jack - superb
Lundstram - awful
Tillman - ok

Kent - great
Sakala - caused havoc, shooting poor
Morelos - poor when given a chance but the rest of his game was excellent

Kamara - did well
Devine - ok but it did lessen the LW threat
Roofe - great goal
Mccann - couple.of good moments, a couple of poor ones
Wright - today summed him up - superb at the winner, spent the rest of game looking like he'd played 400mins instead of 40 - then that mentalness at the end which nearly cost us

Beale - credit for making things happen with changes
Our fullbacks were two of Aberdeen’s best players.

Agree with most of the rest.

Firstly, we’re in the cup final. We can’t win cups without being in the final, so that was job done today.

Also, for the neutral, a cracking cup tie with good moments from each team.

My big gripes are, why do we get ourselves into winning positions, by one goal, and yet start to play keep ball ? It’s dangerous & puts the result at risk unnecessarily in my opinion.

Finally, we truly need legs in that team. They got too much dangerous possession today, without any great creativity, but just down to runs not being tracked effectively.

I voted Fashion Jr as MOTM because he caused mayhem all day and never gave them a minutes peace. His replacement with Wright slowed us down a lot and of course Wright losing the ball or giving it away didn't help. If we're going to replace Fashion late in the game then we need something better than Scott Wright!
There was nothing wrong with Wright today

Can see why Beale wants two midfielders in. Jack can’t control midfield on his own. Really need a Stuart McCall type to break up play and a proper box to box midfielder to link up play to help the forward line. Also we need a competent defender who can organise the defence properly. McGregor had two good saves but gives me the fear at times with his slow reactions and staying on his line. Defence looks more comfortable with McLaughlin in goal at present.
Can we not source an enforcer for midfield and a big centre forward?

Back