St Johnstone Red Card

Two footed, high up and out of control, straight red.

Pen was harsh, but given the rules, it was definitely a penalty.

Jack was a yellow , he was low down , one footed and mistimed.

Two footed, high up and out of control, straight red.

Pen was harsh, but given the rules, it was definitely a penalty.

Jack was a yellow , he was low down , one footed and mistimed.

Correct
jack was a combination of st johnstone trying to even up numbers.and the yahoo snake rolling about as if his leg was severed

Back in the day would be harsh but today it was correctly and deemed a red if Clark was quick thinking he could have claimed he was Scott Brown and got off with a pat on the head?

Straight legged, studs up and catches Jack very high. Accidental but it’s endangering an opponent and a red card.

It isn't "straight legged". He kicks the ball and jack collides with his boot afterwards.

Was an unfortunate collision

Did appear that the decision was confirmed by VAR without the ref having to look. I don't get why people don't think it was a red. Clarke wasn't in control of his tackle, studs up and straight leg and high enough up. Straight into Jack front on as well. For me, it was a red card.

Jack's wasn't. The St. Johnstone player was coming from behind and Jack had already gone down to try get the ball. Not sure how much he could have seen of the player and the yellow was fair. Other refs seem to agree it was a yellow.

It was a red.

It is about time Scottish refs start clamping down on hammer throwing.

Too much fouling is allowed in Scottish football that wouldn't be allowed in Spanish or Portuguese football.

No need to guess which angle the chip-wrappers are going with ........

Z4yRXbV.png

Just shown on Sportscene and its on the screen that it was VAR decision, with out Colum going to the monitor.

It was definitely Collum’s decision, all VAR done was back it up by agreeing he was right to give it.

They wouldn’t tell him it’s red, they’d say they think he should check it for being a red.

VAR doesn’t have the power to tell the referee to award a red card. They can only tell him to go check it again. That’s why it’s strange that he never went to the screen if VAR was involved.
VAR is involved in every red card but you don’t need to go and have a look.

Clarke was off the ground, 2 footed, studs up and caught Jack a few inches below the knee. It was a red all day long. Jack was a very, very lucky boy not to walk too and I was shocked the ref went to see it again and didn’t send him off.

Really weird that it looked like whoever was controlling the big screens sent off Clarke.

I honestly do not understand how people can't see that's a red card tackle..I don't think the intent is there but you're absolutely right. He's off the ground, studs showing, knee high.

Collums a w**k but he got the big decisions absolutely right

Those saying it was harsh, this tackle on Jack wasn’t even given as a free kick and nearly ended his career.

JS155745644.jpg

VAR doesn’t have the power to tell the referee to award a red card. They can only tell him to go check it again. That’s why it’s strange that he never went to the screen if VAR was involved.

This, don’t know how people can’t understand it.

He gave the red card, VAR agreed so no need to go to the screen.

VAR is involved in every red card but you don’t need to go and have a look.
I mean if Collum didn’t think it was a red they can’t just inform him it should be and he shows the red. They would tell him they think he’s made a mistake and to have another look.

I presume Collum made the decision but just took his time about it then VAR obviously check and agreed. RTV made it more confusing because Tom didn’t realise he had been red carded.

Straight legged, studs up and catches Jack very high. Accidental but it’s endangering an opponent and a red card.
Sure. But all from a follow through on the ball when he was there before Jack. Other way round and I’m not going to be happy but of course pleased it went our way.

Collum got 3 things right today, penalty , Clarke straight red, not sending jack off.

Clearly Walsh on VAR wanted Jack sent off but even Collum couldn’t justify it when he went over

So on that, if the other two could have been turned over by VAR, Walsh would have sent Collum to the monitor

Rest of the game he was an utter joke & gave every foul outside the box the other way

Last edited:
It will be a wonderful day when people understand the VAR process.
True, but on this occasion I think the confusion is because it took Collum so long to red card him in the first place. It led people to think the VAR had told him to. Which obviously can't be the case.

Looked harsh, but have only seen it once, in real time. A Rangers player makes that challenge away from home and he is undoubtedly red-carded there and then without any further off-field intervention.

Collum was his usual hopeless sinister self. The sending off he didn't even blow for a foul. Strange decision didylook serious even on TV but that's the clown referee for you.Jack's yellow card,he couldn't get the card out quickly enough. He had a good view and saw it as a yellow. Fair enough call no matter what the fannies on TV and papers say. Hopeless referee plain and simple

Collum was his usual hopeless sinister self. The sending off he didn't even blow for a foul. Strange decision didylook serious even on TV but that's the clown referee for you.Jack's yellow card,he couldn't get the card out quickly enough. He had a good view and saw it as a yellow. Fair enough call no matter what the fannies on TV and papers say. Hopeless referee plain and simple
Few on here think he had a good game and was in favour of us

Two St Johnstone players run into each other and both end up on the ground and Collum gave them a free kick.
He booked Hagi after the St Johnstone no.34 told him to,then the St J no.34 applauded the decision and nothing was done.

Ridiculous decision that.

Tbf I misunderstood what happened today then. I thought VAR gave the red and that’s why there was a delay between the foul and card

He just took his time to give it, could’ve been communicating with an assistant but as I said the VAR can’t tell him to give a red, can only advise him to check.

Firstly I think it was incredibly harsh. A yellow would have been adequate.

Anyway, what actually happened with the decision? Did Collum go check the screen? He didn't give the card for ages after the challenge. On RTV they seemed to think it was a VAR decision but didn't show Collum over at a screen or show any VAR replays like they did for the Jack one.

Nah it was two footed over the ball tackle that hit jack above the knee . There may have been no malicious intent in it but it was reckless and a red card all day long.

Back