Tillman

Because Callum Davidson was screaming for it.
Let play go, then bizarrely stopped as soon as Davidson started waving for a card.

Halliday v Morton levels of allowing outside influences to referee a game.
Crowd didn’t help with their stupid reaction

I’m not sure many have called him lazy, more ponderous in his decision making at times.

No doubt he has loads of ability.

In the game away to Motherwell, this place was filled with cries of lazy, not trying

Despite him winning more balls from them than the other 2 midfielders combined

Id rather a player used his energy wisely and created things than try to con the support simply by running about a bit

Always showed he had class. Now added the consistency that comes with a run of games. If we have any ambition we must buy him and build the team around him.
The boys going all the way to the top. We will easily make a massive profit on him in a few years. It a no brainer.

Silly? I think you might have owned it with this post.

These types of posts remind me of when Alfie was being heralded at £30M minimum, yes minimum.
Then goes through a tough spell and many of the same people say he is now dog shite.
Tillman will be no different.
Fucks this got to do with Morelos hahahaha. The fact you think Tillman is slow is silly, yes

I didn't say I didn't rate him I said he wasn't a superstar in the making.
He has no genuine pace which is problematic in the modern game he has magic feet, can do exceptional things but often with no pay off, he gets sacked on the ball time after time after time.

At 20 coming to Scotland he can adjust and get better but there are no superstars in modern football without pace.

You're making out like he's slow, he's anything but and he has the strength to fend off defenders.

Top talents who didn't have much pace...

Xavi, Iniesta, De Bruyne, David Silva, Bernardo Silva, Riquelme, Pirlo, Lampard, Lewandowski, Benzema. Could go on all day really.

Not sure what Muller that is-I pray to god it's not Gerd.
The rest all had genuine pace ffs.

Just seen this haha. If you think the players quoted had "genuine pace" but not Tillman then I honestly dunno what you're watching.

How slow do you think he is fs?

Reactions: KL2
Hard to believe hes only 20 and this his first proper run playing first team football.

Done well under Gio despite being in and out the team and playing out of position at times. Improving all the time, I'd make him permanent this window if possible

Without a shadow of a doubt he will be a priority signing and I suspect that Beale will take him to far higher levels. The boy is a real standout and I can’t wait to see him develop further in our team.

It's all about opinions, etc.

But you can tell who knows %^*& all about football based on their opinion of him. B-D

Boy is utter class, the notion he’s lazy is absolute nonsense. Was everywhere today. 5m is bargain.

Should pay the money for him tomorrow, going to be a superstar.
I’d give Bayern the money now

Thought he was a player but not one that I was keen on spending that sort of money on but I was completely wrong

Worth every penny, boy is class

I was always thought he was a good player who just needed coached a little more. He'll only get better.

Booked for a non foul. Got booted up in the air 5 minutes later on the right wing, no yellow.

He's one that's definitely going to keep getting better. He's still to learn how to use his body more imo, but all the guile and technique is already there in spades. Could and should go on to become a fantastic player for Rangers.

Another thing I like that not all players can do is he has the ability to not touch the ball when its needed. He done it a couple of times today. Laudrup was brilliant at it.

I’ll be delighted when he’s ours. He’s only 20! Will get better and better as he gains experience in our team and in this league.

You can see Beales coaching effect on him already.

When he used to lose the ball, he would put his hands on his knees and do that smile he does. Now, he loses the ball, he tries to immediately win it back.

The boy is 20. If this was an academy player, we'd be drooling over the millions were going to make from him. At £5m, if Bayern are willing to sell then we have to take the option. I beleive Bayern can still say no to a deal.

He is class, just hope we spend the cash to keep him . Think the board might think we have plenty cover in his position tho

What is "genuine pace" then?

You've said Modric, Lewandowski and Thomas Muller had genuine pace?

In comparison to Tillman absolutely-it's bad enough saying he's the best player in Scotland never mind comparing him to players of that quality.

The boy has fantastic natural ability but he is very erratic-check his passing stats they are pretty poor to say the least.

The praise is completely OTT, the sensible thing would be to see how he develops rather than making frankly crazy claims.

He's nowhere close to being our best player let alone anything else.

In comparison to Tillman absolutely-it's bad enough saying he's the best player in Scotland never mind comparing him to players of that quality.

The boy has fantastic natural ability but he is very erratic-check his passing stats they are pretty poor to say the least.

The praise is completely OTT, the sensible thing would be to see how he develops rather than making frankly crazy claims.

I’m all for waiting and seeing how he develops but he definitely is close to being our best player at least this season

He won loads of turnover and basketball ball today which as might as some want to think is wanky is trend as %^*& for where football is

His ISO skills are bang on as %^*&

It’s not his fault people don’t see where football is now

He’s a proper modern player, if it’s not at us he’s going to be somewhere else

Aye he's ripping it up week in week out.

He constantly gets caught on the ball. If he had genuine pace with the feet he has he wouldn't be here.
I’m sure you could name a good few top players who undoubtedly lacked “genuine” pace.
Just watching Grealish there, for example.

He actually is.

No he doesn't.

We know this, how is it relevant?
The answer to that one is that it’s become another wee buzz phrase cliche that posters like to use to tell us a player isn’t going to be good enough for a top of the top five leagues team.
Like we don’t actually know that already.

Who is?

Also, who is comparing Tillman's ability to the likes of Modric etc, we're talking about pace alone.

You've yet to define what "genuine pace" is, especially if you're saying some of the guys who've been mentioned have it, yet Tillman doesn't.

In fact I think someone corrected you earlier when they said he was actually clocked as our 2nd fastest player behind Matondo so...?

I feel like once he feels like a “senior” member of the squad he will be levels above anything in the league, and our squad. Even getting a few new faces in will help him as he won’t feel like the new boy anymore. We seen it with Aribo and Bassey and Tillman is that type. Once he has confidence and swagger then a lot of people will look very silly

Nowhere close?

Maybe I could accept some people thinking other players are a little better than him, but no one in our squad is a lot better than him.

I personally think he's been our best player over the course of the season. I can't see who you think is much better than him.

His appearance makes him look cumbersome but far from it. Does things on the park that no other player comes close to. Don't know abt being slow, can hold his own and players bounce of him when he goes on a run. He is good in air and has a lot of all roundness about him. Better players around him and who knows what he can achieve

He needs to add more goals to his game.

He has 6 this season but we need the player in that position to be getting 15-18 goals per season.

He is young and this is his first full season. I like him but the main determinant of him being successful will be his ability to add goals as he continues to develop.

Back