NEH: A Professional Opinion

Robert Marshall

Just finished my shift and thought I would share my thoughts on the NEH 'Fanzone' event space.
I had a wee quick tour of it this morning, I thought the Cafe Space was ideal for what it was intended for, shop space looked well thought out
The Event Space itself looks to me to be perfect for Concerts, with the giant TV to allow everyone to see the act.
It is going to be brilliant for people taking their kids to the football and will be a welcome place for families
The Bar operation I will not comment on as anything I do say will probably be twisted to suit certain agendas.
In the recent past, we have seen the Club upgrade Club72, Open BSL, and now open the NEH, along with the planned Sports Bar that must be nearly £15m spent on various Hospitality Venues
Well done to everyone

I'd be interested to hear a review from someone there 1:30-2:00ish. Things can look excellent, then you put a whole load of folk in the mix and the cracks start to appear**... Hopefully not in this case, as I really want it to be a success in every way.

**this is based on experience of a capital build hospitality project costing ~£8M (not football related).

Very impressed with the Rangers store- much more of everything and a cracking size. Thought the cafe would have had more seating. The fanzone itself was impressive although I never got the bar to order a drink. Will it always be a case of showing your ticket for the game to get in or will they start charging?

Just finished my shift and thought I would share my thoughts on the NEH 'Fanzone' event space.
I had a wee quick tour of it this morning, I thought the Cafe Space was ideal for what it was intended for, shop space looked well thought out
The Event Space itself looks to me to be perfect for Concerts, with the giant TV to allow everyone to see the act.
It is going to be brilliant for people taking their kids to the football and will be a welcome place for families
The Bar operation I will not comment on as anything I do say will probably be twisted to suit certain agendas.
In the recent past, we have seen the Club upgrade Club72, Open BSL, and now open the NEH, along with the planned Sports Bar that must be nearly £15m spent on various Hospitality Venues
Well done to everyone
Great feedback, hopefully the club takes this on board.

Well done to everyone
I’ve got a couple of pals in the pub game and their comment on the bar was they would have liked to have seen double the amount of tills and taps.

They were very impressed with the rest of the set up though, and think it will be a very good gig venue in particular.

Some of the boys from my bus also thoroughly enjoyed their visit.

Fingers crossed this is a money spinner for us for a long time to come.

Well done to everyone
Good stuff!

I'd love to hear your professional opinion on the bar (setup, choice, prices etc)

Fck what the negative opinions are mate.

Well done to everyone

I was in both your establishment and the EH Fanzone after the game.

Both are incomparable.

The Fanzone as it is now is for families and the couple of girls touring the facility making sure kids were getting pics with family was fantastic.

I prefer your establishment but I will use EH as well in the future.

Well done Rangers on a great facility :)

I never made it in today but it’s good to see it open and a few people sitting around me said it was good inside and everyone was impressed. Guys around me where talking saying it would take custom away from the local pubs and mentioned the louden.
I personally don’t think it will take custom away, people will still prefer to go to the pub and have a few drinks before the game. I know people are saying the price of alcohol is reasonable but if it’s £5 for a squashy pint cup and you can get a cheaper pint out a real tumbler in the local pubs then I can’t see it drawing away people that are out for a few drinks with mates before games.
What I do think it will draw in more of is people going with kids as it gives them somewhere to go for a beer while having the kids with them and that’s ideal.

Aye..... bit... the Loudon does Madri. I await the usual fan boys that don't like change .

I never made it in today but it’s good to see it open and a few people sitting around me said it was good inside and everyone was impressed. Guys around me where talking saying it would take custom away from the local pubs and mentioned the louden.
I personally don’t think it will take custom away, people will still prefer to go to the pub and have a few drinks before the game. I know people are saying the price of alcohol is reasonable but if it’s £5 for a squashy pint cup and you can get a cheaper pint out a real tumbler in the local pubs then I can’t see it drawing away people that are out for a few drinks with mates before games.
What I do think it will draw in more of is people going with kids as it gives them somewhere to go for a beer while having the kids with them and that’s ideal.
Exactly this. There is a lot of curiosity amongst our support at present, however I'm sure things will soon settle down. Some will continue to use their preferred pubs, others will turn up in good time to take their seats inside the ground.
Main thing is it provides an alternative for those who want a pint and/or a bite to eat before/after the game. It looks like a really good facility, I originally thought the building looked a bit on the small side given the number of facilties to be included, but having seen the videos posted by a number of fans I'm happy to have been proven wrong.
I feel certain NEH will prove to be a great success for the club, and look forward to visiting once the museum is open.
Another great day for The Rangers !

Were they showing or do they have the capacity to show live football? I quite like the idea of hanging back after our game and catching whatever EPL game happens to be on. Has the possibility of hosting live screenings of away games been mentioned in the future?

Were they showing or do they have the capacity to show live football? I quite like the idea of hanging back after our game and catching whatever EPL game happens to be on. Has the possibility of hosting live screenings of away games been mentioned in the future?
This for me is a must, it’s ideal
Big games & finals like champions league, euros etc

The NEH development along with the new sports cafe/ bar in the current Rangers store will be massive in attracting supporters early to the stadium. I think people will be surprised by the interest a proper coffee shop will have. I’ve been to grounds where Starbucks etc have actual premises in similar areas and the queues to either sit in or take away a better quality warm drink is impressive. Could be a massive money spinner if done properly in house.

Well done to everyone
Thanks Robert for your input and I also think in the areas you spoke ,upgrades to facilities the club has been very imaginative.Well done to the Club.
Don’t always agree with you but always respect your honest and straightforward opinions.

The NEH development along with the new sports cafe/ bar in the current Rangers store will be massive in attracting supporters early to the stadium. I think people will be surprised by the interest a proper coffee shop will have. I’ve been to grounds where Starbucks etc have actual premises in similar areas and the queues to either sit in or take away a better quality warm drink is impressive. Could be a massive money spinner if done properly in house.
Whits john souttar up tae these days?

Joke btw.

Kinda :))

Wonder if the club will be looking to use it for the bigger away games, such as Celtic at parkhead, pretty sure if advertised properly they could attract a big crowd. With the big screen where the stage is?

Would be a different experience from watching it in the pub. Even for the cup final next month for bears who can't get tickets.

The place looks decent and the event space is a good one. Prices acceptable for beer.

Paper cups a bit meh but understandable.

Staff were pleasant.

It wasn't a shambles to get in. It wasn't ridiculous busy but was busy.

I look forward to seeing the rest of it, especially the museum.

Two mates have been in the shop bit. One said a slight improvement in products another said it still looked mostly like Castore stuff. :) Hopefully the range will improve all the time or ar Castore being obstructive on what can and can't be sold in terms of products? Most clubs make money by selling all sorts of branded stuff. We used to.

Anyway, it was good to get in and see a big part of the facility and was generally impressed. Plus helping Rangers generate a bit of income was good.

The transactions appear in my account as New Edmiston House LIM :)

NEH and the new sports bar will see a good amount of capacity for that pre match pint. Happy days

Very impressed with the Rangers store- much more of everything and a cracking size. Thought the cafe would have had more seating. The fanzone itself was impressive although I never got the bar to order a drink. Will it always be a case of showing your ticket for the game to get in or will they start charging?
I wasnt there but, watched the videos showing you how big it was and do agree, I thought there would be more seating

The place looks decent and the event space is a good one. Prices acceptable for beer.

Paper cups a bit meh but understandable.

Staff were pleasant.

It wasn't a shambles to get in. It wasn't ridiculous busy but was busy.

I look forward to seeing the rest of it, especially the museum.

Two mates have been in the shop bit. One said a slight improvement in products another said it still looked mostly like Castore stuff. :) Hopefully the range will improve all the time or ar Castore being obstructive on what can and can't be sold in terms of products? Most clubs make money by selling all sorts of branded stuff. We used to.

Anyway, it was good to get in and see a big part of the facility and was generally impressed. Plus helping Rangers generate a bit of income was good.

The transactions appear in my account as New Edmiston House LIM :)
It’s still very much a Castore clothes shop but there is a little more range than there was in terms of other things

They need to retain staff. Not sure how they do this but elsewhere in the stadium it’s new folk every week, many of which have never set foot in a bar judging by their social skills and knowledge of working in a bar.

That’s one of the reasons the Louden works, they obviously don’t let folk loose on customers until they know what they’re doing.

The facility is great, staff and maintenance will be vital.

I was only in the fanzone and think the space is very good. Better as a gig venue than a fanzone if you’re wanting to properly cater for entertaining kids though.

Back