NEH: A Professional Opinion

Was in the other week and mixed feelings

Inside it was nowhere near as big as I expected.

The bar seems very small for the venue IMO and it was about a 25 minute wait to get served immediately after full time. It got quieter as more folk left after an hour or so. But frustrating having to wait so long to be served.

All in all, seems okay but nothing special and the bar queue issue means I’ll not be in a rush to return immediately after FT. Would prefer the Louden where service is far quicker
I've been in pre match, and found the queues too long.

Also went to the Callum Beattie gig, queued over 1/2 hour for a drink too. They'll need to get that sorted.

Nice wee venue for a gig, apart from that.

When it gets busy, they should have 2 or 3 people dedicated to continuously pouring pints and others dedicated to serving and taking payment.

90% of people want a beer or cider so just keep the taps pouring rather than stop/start.

And anyone wanting cocktails poured in busy pre or post match bars (looking at you ladies drinking some kind of green or blue coloured liquid from pint glassss in the Louden!) should be permanently barred.

When it gets busy, they should have 2 or 3 people dedicated to continuously pouring pints and others dedicated to serving and taking payment.

90% of people want a beer or cider so just keep the taps pouring rather than stop/start.

And anyone wanting cocktails poured in busy pre or post match bars (looking at you ladies drinking some kind of green or blue coloured liquid from pint glassss in the Louden!) should be permanently barred.

I've not been in yet, but going tonight for H&H. What is the bar queue situation likely to be? Brutal?

I've been at previous H&Hs at the Louden and the service is almost too quick. I can never remember getting home :D

I've not been in yet, but going tonight for H&H. What is the bar queue situation likely to be? Brutal?

I've been at previous H&Hs at the Louden and the service is almost too quick. I can never remember getting home :D
It's like buying a pie at half time!

Nah, I'm sure it will be fine.

Just finished my shift and thought I would share my thoughts on the NEH 'Fanzone' event space.
I had a wee quick tour of it this morning, I thought the Cafe Space was ideal for what it was intended for, shop space looked well thought out
The Event Space itself looks to me to be perfect for Concerts, with the giant TV to allow everyone to see the act.
It is going to be brilliant for people taking their kids to the football and will be a welcome place for families
The Bar operation I will not comment on as anything I do say will probably be twisted to suit certain agendas.
In the recent past, we have seen the Club upgrade Club72, Open BSL, and now open the NEH, along with the planned Sports Bar that must be nearly £15m spent on various Hospitality Venues
Well done to everyone
My only complaint is shop over two levels, which surely increases staffing costs and therefore why the cafe isn’t downstairs? I’ve not been in Fanzone long enough to make comment on bar queues.

I was at the Callum Beattie gig and waited about 40min to get served, it’s a small bar and not a lot of people serving.
If I was you I would sneak in a half bottle or two of something of your choice and it’ll save you having to wait at the bar.

I get served quicker than I do in Bar 72. Could do with a few more standing tables dotted around, folk having to stand with their paper cups dodgy to say the least when folk brush by. Match day, few minutes from the seat, all I'm looking for

Exactly what they do at the Principality when I'm down for the rugby. Makes the queue move so much quicker.

I haven’t been to NEH yet but it looks great and should be a facility for us all to be proud of.

It’s a new venture and everything won’t be perfect from the start. They opened it as soon as it was practically possible.

Over the initial months you’d expect them to see what is working and what isn’t and adjust as required.

Back