NEH: A Professional Opinion

Let's be honest here. No matter what, punters will see this as a Rangers venue. Businesses etc with our leanings will be keen to use our venue, Weddings for Rangers oriented individuals, conferences etc but as for music it will solely depend on the artist imo to entice Glaswegians or indeed WoS populous to attend NEH.

Let's be honest here. No matter what, punters will see this as a Rangers venue. Businesses etc with our leanings will be keen to use our venue, Weddings for Rangers oriented individuals, conferences etc but as for music it will solely depend on the artist imo to entice Glaswegians or indeed WoS populous to attend NEH.
The type of groups that will play here will have followers who would watch them anywhere and once we have one concert and people see how good the Venue is there, IMO, won't be a problem filling it.

Do you have a feel for what that might expect to deliver bottom line in the sector - keep reading about how difficult and costly to operate hospitality is these days and presumably would need to drive high utilisation midweek to achieve the target turnover.

Gig capacity is about 1,000 I understand
I’m guessing Seated dinner capacity must be a third of that.
The Club said it will have 1300 for Gigs and 600 for seated events

Do you have a feel for what that might expect to deliver bottom line in the sector - keep reading about how difficult and costly to operate hospitality is these days and presumably would need to drive high utilisation midweek to achieve the target turnover.

Gig capacity is about 1,000 I understand
I’m guessing Seated dinner capacity must be a third of that.
It would be very difficult to guess a bottom line on something like this without knowing what the thinking is behind the strategy
I have no doubt that they have the right guy in place for the Concerts and any Dinners or Conferences they want to hold
As I have said before, I wouldn't comment on the operation of the Bar side
of the venue as you would get the usual snidey remarks from the usual suspects that have no idea how a Bar works or the amount of work in the background apart from I hope (know) it will be an outstanding success

Just going to chuck this out there.

Would you go to a concert at a celtic venue?

It will have an impact

It's a good question. Used to go to a load of gigs in my late teens and early 20s. If it was an act I desperately wanted to see and they we'rent playing in Edinburgh (as an alternative), then I'd probably swallow it and go, yeah.

But I'd never dream of going casually the way I did to King Tut's or the Barfly.

The type of groups that will play here will have followers who would watch them anywhere and once we have one concert and people see how good the Venue is there, IMO, won't be a problem filling it.
I hope you are correct Robert, however unfortunately in Glasgow and the WoS people are quite narrow minded.

or possibly expanding southwards at ground level, should the opportunity arise to take over the premises currently used by the bookies,

Even if the William Hill shop can't be bought over, I wonder if the land behind that could? The Ibrox Louden is the best Rangers pub there is but size let's it down.

Even if the William Hill shop can't be bought over, I wonder if the land behind that could? The Ibrox Louden is the best Rangers pub there is but size let's it down.
You’d have to weigh up cost of land. Then the fixtures fittings labour costs and all that before a tumbler even been bought.

Then that’s to just only open X times a year.

Im assuming the NEH brings more custom to it naturally on nights there’s a gig or event if they choose to open on the same night

They should be trying to cram more people in on matchdays because the queues are so big outside, especially when weather conditions aren't good.

The good thing is now The Louden will only continue to become more and more popular with the opening of NEH. Would like to see it try and attract more customers doing Subcrawls as it would benefit financially from it.

Also as pointed out before it's the last stop for people coming out of Hospitality at Ibrox to head in there for a drink and a sing song hours after full time.

And an ideal location outside Ibrox Subway.

You’d have to weigh up cost of land. Then the fixtures fittings labour costs and all that before a tumbler even been bought.

Then that’s to just only open X times a year.

Im assuming the NEH brings more custom to it naturally on nights there’s a gig or event if they choose to open on the same night

So I was planning on giving it a go on Sunday. Getting there around 1. Do you just walk in like any other bar? Will it show the Leeds v utd game as well.

I am guessing we will give it a go and end up in the louden or down PRW just not sure what to expect. Don't mind paying premium prices for a high end product but if its £5 a pint, plastic glasses and long queues there are plenty other options

So I was planning on giving it a go on Sunday. Getting there around 1. Do you just walk in like any other bar? Will it show the Leeds v utd game as well.

I am guessing we will give it a go and end up in the louden or down PRW just not sure what to expect. Don't mind paying premium prices for a high end product but if its £5 a pint, plastic glasses and long queues there are plenty other options
There are two queues outside the NEH building.
One queue for the shop and one queue for the fanzone/bar space.
Kick off is 4pm,so won’t be busy around 1pm.
Both queues are well managed and move quickly.
Pretty sure they don’t show live games yet.

There are two queues outside the NEH building.
One queue for the shop and one queue for the fanzone/bar space.
Kick off is 4pm,so won’t be busy around 1pm.
Both queues are well managed and move quickly.
Pretty sure they don’t show live games yet.
Thanks mate. Plastic glasses?

They should be trying to cram more people in on matchdays because the queues are so big outside, especially when weather conditions aren't good.

The good thing is now The Louden will only continue to become more and more popular with the opening of NEH. Would like to see it try and attract more customers doing Subcrawls as it would benefit financially from it.

Also as pointed out before it's the last stop for people coming out of Hospitality at Ibrox to head in there for a drink and a sing song hours after full time.

And an ideal location outside Ibrox Subway.
No one is getting rich outa few spotty students dressed up as tennis players that think they are hip, cool and original.
An insignificant drop in the till occasionally but it ain’t worth targeting the little money it would attract.

No one is getting rich outa few spotty students dressed up as tennis players that think they are hip, cool and original.
An insignificant drop in the till occasionally but it ain’t worth targeting the little money it would attract.
There are very few Students on the Sub Crawls, mostly work days out

Drove past NEH today and have to say it looks fantastic from the outside. Once the big LED Screen is up I think it will really finish it off.

It might have some complaints about size but no doubt we’ve done the best we could with the size of budget we had. The board should be commended on this. It should have been done in the 90s.

Wasn’t sure which thread to bump but looks like the non-club events are starting to get booked at NEH.

Creeper are going to be playing it on November 6th. Hadn’t heard of the “Clyde Rooms” before when I saw they had announced dates, clicked through on Ticketmaster and the address is given as Edmiston House.

We have looked at having a louvered roof that will stay open in good weather and close in the rain, a 12m x 10m covering is about £50K, looking to do it with a further Bar at that end of the beer garden, probably about £100K in total
Worked in a pub about 12 years ago that had an electric extendable roof covering / awning. It cost 100k to put in. Most of the staff were terrified to operate it due to the price and there were many things that could go wrong with it :))

Drove past NEH today and have to say it looks fantastic from the outside. Once the big LED Screen is up I think it will really finish it off.

It might have some complaints about size but no doubt we’ve done the best we could with the size of budget we had. The board should be commended on this. It should have been done in the 90s.
Is there a timescale for the LED screen being fitted?

Wasn’t sure which thread to bump but looks like the non-club events are starting to get booked at NEH.

Creeper are going to be playing it on November 6th. Hadn’t heard of the “Clyde Rooms” before when I saw they had announced dates, clicked through on Ticketmaster and the address is given as Edmiston House.

Thats odd, I wonder if that will be the name we use to 'market' the concert venue going forward? NEH maybe too associated with Rangers?

MP3uVLR-.jpeg

Was in the other week and mixed feelings

Inside it was nowhere near as big as I expected.

The bar seems very small for the venue IMO and it was about a 25 minute wait to get served immediately after full time. It got quieter as more folk left after an hour or so. But frustrating having to wait so long to be served.

All in all, seems okay but nothing special and the bar queue issue means I’ll not be in a rush to return immediately after FT. Would prefer the Louden where service is far quicker

Was in the other week and mixed feelings

Inside it was nowhere near as big as I expected.

The bar seems very small for the venue IMO and it was about a 25 minute wait to get served immediately after full time. It got quieter as more folk left after an hour or so. But frustrating having to wait so long to be served.

All in all, seems okay but nothing special and the bar queue issue means I’ll not be in a rush to return immediately after FT. Would prefer the Louden where service is far quicker
It's much smaller inside that I thought it would be and is definitely smaller than the original plans made it out to be.

Back