Cantwell

I’ve described him to my mates as a poor man’s Jack Grealish and I don't mean that in a disrespectful way. Grealish is a £100m+ player and if us poor men can get 10% of a Grealish fee, then we’ve won a watch.

He has started well, hopefully he loves the adulation he’ll get if he does the business and that gives him the confidence to reach the heights of expectation of a few years ago, if it does, we benefit by hopefully winning things and he benefits with a decent move back home.

So far so good from what he’s done.

When fully fit and fully integrated in the squad he is going to be a top player for us.

A lot of positives to take from tonight.

I’ve described him to my mates as a poor man’s Jack Grealish and I don't mean that in a disrespectful way. Grealish is a £100m+ player and if us poor men can get 10% of a Grealish fee, then we’ve won a watch.

He has started well, hopefully he loves the adulation he’ll get if he does the business and that gives him the confidence to reach the heights of expectation of a few years ago, if it does, we benefit by hopefully winning things and he benefits with a decent move back home.

Grealish is NOT a100 mill player thats Dembelle dollar nonsense. Vastly overrated.

Love the way his first touch takes the defender right out the game. He makes it look so easy. Can’t wait to see him when he’s up to speed.

I actually thought he looked very similar to Grealish with the way he glided past a player and drew a foul right after he came in.

No more pedestrian play. We’ve got players that like to get on the ball and keep it moving.

Hagi, Cantwell, Raskin, Kamara, Lundstram is a different animal when he keeps it moving. Helps when you’ve got three in attacking positions that are constantly on the move - short, deep, wide, centrally. Our two centre backs are brilliant at moving the ball when they’ve got early movement ahead of them.

Balance is so much better.

His touch and movement is fantastic.

An unbelievable piece of business from us.

It's not that I don't want him to start, but he looks like he could be lethal off the bench.

They looked like they couldn't deal with him.

Obviously seen a big uplift in the other players due to the increased competition as well.

I'm thinking there's more than one of him, you blink and he appears at the other end of the pitch.

Got some swagger about him & his play.

Looks wiry & able to hold off people as well in that one that saw snodgrass.

Looking forward to seeing him start on Saturday hopefully.

It's not often that a player can impress so many for only being on the pitch for 10mins but the lad did that tonight!
Given time I'm sure he'll be sensational for us!

Molelos
Kent, Tillman, Cantwell
Lawrence, Raskin
Yilmaz, Davies, Goldson, Tav
Shagger

That’s a team I’d love to see when everyone’s fit and firing, and even then you’re feeling like Kamara, Hagi, Sakala and Lundstram in particular are very unfortunate not to be starting and there’s plenty other quality competition, Jack, Colak, Borna even the younger players.

We’ve really turned a corner with just two signings and Beale getting much more out of players we have and there’s so much more to come.

Exciting times.

Last edited:
I knew very little about him and his playing style before he joined us and I know it’s very early days in his Rangers career but he’s already shown quality, composure, vision and strength on the ball. We’ve caught a good one.

The early signs are very promising. He can see a pass and moves the ball quickly. It's encouraging for what he will offer when fully fit and settled.

He looks a player but definitely will be targeted by the thugs who know they can get one or two for free before a card.

No more pedestrian play. We’ve got players that like to get on the ball and keep it moving.

Hagi, Cantwell, Raskin, Kamara, Lundstram is a different animal when he keeps it moving. Helps when you’ve got three in attacking positions that are constantly on the move - short, deep, wide, centrally. Our two centre backs are brilliant at moving the ball when they’ve got early movement ahead of them.

Balance is so much better.
It’s the first time we’ve properly seen it for a full 90 since Beale has came in. It needs to continue. Hopefully with the arrival of Raskin and Cantwell it gives Kamara and Lundstram a kick up the arse.

He will be top of the list for most fouled player I suspect.

Love a player that can take a ball in tight space with opposition players all around him who doesnt fall apart under pressure.

Beales problem now is - who drops out for Cantwell & Raskin?

Yes he’s going to be a huge asset if he stays fit and keeps his head switched on to his game , and for the size of him he doesn’t get knocked of the ball easy either he just glides past players he’s such a talent ,fingers x he grows at the rangers to the player he could be . And I think the buffalo will shine with him on the pitch supplying him with the passes he thrives on

Cantwell was outstanding tonight I was really impressed, I know nothing about Raskin who would be the better player between them both .

Back