Cantwell

We can see what he's all about. The more game time he gets the better and better he's going to be. Encouraging times ahead for us.

In both games he has played in so far, I've been impressed with the amount of pitch he covers. He has been back as the midfield out ball for the central defence. He's also really comfortable getting the ball with other players near him and he doesn't panic and play a loose pass but instead will hold onto it, twist and turn then dribble away with it.
Always on the move and making himself available to receive the ball. That pass he played near the end of the match last night was exceptional.

Was he wearing tights tonight?

If so he’s lucky Jimmy Bell is no longer with us.
Beale said any additions needed to improve the starting 11 and that's what we've needed for the past 3 years. Plenty of fringe players in and out, but very few who have been first team regulars.

Really happy what I have seen so far from the lad?
Looks a great catch!

Last night we seen more football from the team than,
All the Beale games put together, omitting the scum game,
Which we should have won?

last nights 0.3 score ....... Flattered the jan tarts.

Think Lowry will learn alot from traning with cantwell, both similar types of player, lowry obvioulsy just starting out though.

He can learn from Tillman too. Look at the clear improvement in his effort & fitness since the start of the season.

Lowry is lucky, he has the part that’s hardest to secure, the quality. He just needs to bring the easy part home now.

He can learn from Tillman too. Look at the clear improvement in his effort & fitness since the start of the season.

Lowry is lucky, he has the part that’s hardest to secure, the quality. He just needs to bring the easy part home now.
Listening to one of Beales interviews bout last night and he mentioned that without the ball players need to do their jobs and stick to the formation. He mentioned Kent doing a job on Snodgrass.

Then when we have possession they have freedom to do what they want. Lowry has no problem doing that, as you say he has the quality. The first part will need some work, but it willl come.

Listening to one of Beales interviews bout last night and he mentioned that without the ball players need to do their jobs and stick to the formation. He mentioned Kent doing a job on Snodgrass.

Then when we have possession they have freedom to do what they want. Lowry has no problem doing that, as you say he has the quality. The first part will need some work, but it willl come.

Agree ID, and he can very quickly become a massive asset to the club as soon as it does come.

Lowry, Cantwell, Raskin, Kent, Yilmaz & Tillman.

A really exciting group for us & im sure the club are really optimistic looking forward too.

Will be another few weeks before he’s even fully sharp.

Fantastic signing.

Keep kent, buy Malik, get a solid keeper in, centre half (both ch and keeper shopping wise / don’t use huge budget)

Then the big one - a guy who scored 25 domestically and fits the Beale philosophy. Will cost money, a chunk of it but is critical.

Do all of above then I believe the squad is ready to at minimum compete for winning a league title.

I’ll temper that by saying of course if we don’t win league THIS season then them lot will only improve too given largely their transfer business has become more hit than miss from the ajeti barkas days. CL aspect is…..annoying.

However given where we were in November it’s hugely positive.

Big summer incoming - I said in here a while back it would take 3 windows to get the squad sorted.

It could be the case that it’s 2, which would be frankly incredible.

It’s worth noting more generally though that the Beale impact on much of the starting 11 has been stark. Will to win rather than fear of losing which was the Gio reality domestically.

Factor in cantwell - who is a quality player who needed a new home to thrive - and it’s looking chalk and cheese in only a couple of months. All positive.

I think it’ll really help Lowry with the peer pressure from other young guys like Tillman & Raskin, etc all bursting to get in that team Tam.

He won’t want left out.
You'd like to think so Grigo and couldn't agree more, how I'd be in his position. And for all he has naturally, you can always learn from being around, training with and playing with players of that quality!! Its maybe why not going on loan will ultimately be better for his development although experience of top team football is also really important!!

Last edited:
You'd like to think so Grigo and couldn't agree more, how I'd be in his position. Ad for all he has naturally, you can always learn from being around, training with and playing with players of that quality!! Its maybe why not going on loan will ultimately be better for his development although experience of top team football is also really important!!

Yes Tam, might be good he’s with these others around his age & a great standard every day.

He looks a fantastic addition. Comes across as an intelligent lad and that shows on the pitch as well. Makes the game look so easy.

People need to pump the brakes a little. He’s had moments in both games played but let’s wait till he establishes himself as a number 1 pick before we start lauding him as a superstar.

I’ve seen so many players with us over the last few years who will receive a ball under pressure or in a tight space and look to lay it backwards or keep it tidy. Last night it looked like he relishes close contact so that he can try and get away from players. Let’s get him up to speed and ready for the final

Fools and their money.

There's folk who will spend over a grand to buy a watch that does the exact same Jon as one you can spend a fiver on. Still a thousand pound watch.

The statement claiming Graelish wasn't a £100m player was almost as ridiculous as the fee City paid itself. Agree or not, it's not opinion, he's LITERALLY a £100m player. Far more so than Morelos was ever any more than a £1m player (although you may point to the failed bid for him, and you would probably be correct,the value of the bid was only ever rumour).

No-one thinks he was worth it. But arguing against the fact was bizarre.

The English Championship and Premier League are way more physical than our league.

He'll handle our game no problem.

He's won three very good tackles in the two appearances he's made and against Hearts he showed good strength to hold off a Hearts player on a couple of occasions. He'll draw fouls all over the park, especially in the final third and he's already played countless balls into the final third. I don't think he's not completed a long sweeping ball from deep either.

Goldson, Tavernier, Davies, Lundstram, Cantwell and Raskin all have the ability to hit that early ball. Can be so effective as we've seen with Goldson on so many occasions - midweek being another example.

It's ridiculous how much of a difference one player can make in regards to playing with tempo, head up and making that early pass. It absolutely rips teams apart. Cantwell's vision is excellent. He receives the ball and switches it in the blink of an eye but also follows it up with excellent movement which is hard to read and track.

That team could be sensational

If Kamara keeps playing like he did on Wednesday night, he'll be undroppable.

He's been a revelation since Beale came back and been much more positive in his play, as well as showing great athleticism around the park.

Someone like that playing behind Cantwell, will ensure he sees plenty of the ball.

Back