The Real Fashion Jr.

ForGodForCountryForever

Can we now have no more posts about how Fashion Jr doesnt know what hes doing or has erratic technique?

Since Beale has come in and hes been given the chance and starting run that was previously denied him, we've seen not only an upturn in form but some sensational performances. His link-up play with the Frontline is superb and his speed and movement now look even more potent weaponry than we previously knew.

Last night may have been his best showing yet with some exquisite touches and he was very unlucky not to join the scoresheet in what was a ***** showing from the Rangers Attack.

Finally we are seeing why we paid the money and hes grabbed his chance with both hands.

If I could use a ghastly phrase - 'like a new signing'.

The thing with sakala is he can play an exquisite ball like the one for Morelos’ 2nd however he’s more than prone to play a Barry white 15 yard pass down the line for borna that nearly went out of play.

There has defo been a a vast improvement in his game since beale arrived

I love Sakala, the chaos he causes rattles every defence and now we can see the real player, few erratic moments apart he is a player.

Played well last night but a wee bit more composure and he would have been a 10/10 performance. Went a bit early on some runs, didn't pass to Colak and finishing was mostly just off. He caused them massive problems all night, his performances since Beale came in have been getting better and better.

One of those players who given more time to make a decision looks awkward and doesn't fill you with the confidence that he will shoot or score but when he has no time to think looks a different player.

Sakala is another example, and there have been many, of how we too often judge in the moment and don't factor in that players normally need time and confidence to show their best.

He's been excellent of late, and I'm sure he'll have the odd run of games where it's not working so well, but he's been a victim of uncertainty in the management changes in his short time here.

This is why I feel it's still too early to be certain of our summer signings, good or bad. We can be rightly excited or disappointed by what they've produced so far, but they're nowhere near settled and ready to show us their true ability yet.

Although Tillman is f*cking amazing and I won't hear otherwise... B-D

Watching that front three in recent games, none of them are going to make it easy for those waiting for their chance to get in the team.

Still needs to show more composure when getting a shot away. (As does Morelos)

He snatches at too many shots for my liking. That could be improved upon.

It's a complete roll of the dice what you're going to get from him when he gets the ball.

Some boy.
Hes a Maverick and that in itself is a useful attribute.

We have nobody else like him and there are few in the League generally. Im sure opponents expend a lot of energy just trying to figure him out.

He has shown a lot more composure and some excellent close control skill recently.
It was always there. Beale has brought out
the best in him and he looks more relaxed and confident in his ability.His shooting is far more precise.
His goal ratio per game has always been good.I think that the guy now feels more secure in having a first team place.Im speculating that alot of the rushing around and chaos was partly due to desperation to prove himself time and time again.
For me he's now one of the most skillful,hard working and insightful players on the park.

I thought he was excellent and poor at certain times of the game I do love how much he offers the team all the same.
He can be both at certain stages of each game it's weird and he's probably been our most consistent player.
Which even as I'm typing it sounds confusing.

so rash in front of goal

Its row z

Take the easiest chance last night 6 yards out and its still miles over

He is erratic and that kind of works for him at times against him at others
Great pace always beneficial

I like the enthusiasm and like the guy.

Hopefully he continues to improve

In his first season I was actually really critical of him. Every time I saw him I thought he was on par with Matondo's current season form.
Then come the end of the season I looked at what he brought in pure numbers and realised he contributed so much more than I gave him credit for. I was actually one of the most vocal on here for getting rid of him, then flip reversed that to being one of the most vocal for him deserving a chance under van Bronckhorst. The role Beale has him in really seems to suit him as he's not a straight up striker and he's not having to be glued to the wing either.

Long may his current form continue as he is terrorising teams, the tramps included.

That third goal - touch/control right, touch left, cross right.

And it wasn’t a simple ball to take down in the first place.

Mr Sakala is pretty-much a first XI player now, and it’s solely down to the fact he’s delivering week after week. Excellent.
I came in to post about his first touch for the 3rd goal. Sublime.

You get good things from him and not so good things from him. If he could compose himself a bit in front of goal he could be a big player for us.

There's a lot of good and alot of bad, but he contributes positively every game. There's always a goal or an assist. He's got numbers and should have had more. Watching it back it really should have been at least 5. He has 2 chopped off, the first is borderline, the 2nd is from Morelos being offside and he also missed a great chance. There's always something and that's what you want. That with a return to form of Kent, Morelos scoring and Tillman coming to the fore is an excellent start.

Scores hard chances misses all sorts of easier ones. Needs a bit of composure in front of goal. If he had that he would be a wonderful player.

I think most of us would agree that over the last half decade or so the right sided attacker has probably been our weakest position on the pitch so If Sakala can keep this for up and the weakness becomes a strength then they is huge for the team going forward.

The fact is he offers a different dynamic. Forward lines need players who have the pace to make runs in behind and stretch the game. He adds that, Morelos and even Kent don’t do that. Kent is much more likely to come short and play in front of defences. Sakala also offers a direct goal threat. Sure he could be more clinical, but last I checked he had three times the xG of Kent for this season. That is staggering. We are more likely to score goals when he is playing.

There's a lot of good and alot of bad, but he contributes positively every game. There's always a goal or an assist. He's got numbers and should have had more. Watching it back it really should have been at least 5. He has 2 chopped off, the first is borderline, the 2nd is from Morelos being offside and he also missed a great chance. There's always something and that's what you want. That with a return to form of Kent, Morelos scoring and Tillman coming to the fore is an excellent start.
There was his actual assist, then there was his assist for Morelos's offside goal at 0-0, his own 2 goals which were chopped off, the chance he skied over the bar near the end and then his shot from Tillmans cut back in the first half which watching back this morning was an excellent save from Clark... If my auntie was my uncle and all that but he was extremely fine margins away from having 4 goals and 2 assists last night.

His stats are decent, and he has shown he can be effective enough at SPFL level. A valuable member of the squad who will always contribute over the course of a season. Glad to see he is doing well at the moment.

Still not overly convinced he has the goods to start for us against genuine quality in Europe next season, especially away from home, but would still be a handy option off the bench.

I said from pre Rangers the guy could be sensational.

He has flaws, hopefully they can be coached he's still quite young.

But he has technique, engine, work ethic and pace, they cant be coached.

His energy, effort, and pace cannot be questioned.

If Beale can get him to improve his composure and decision making he'll be incredible for us.

There are often times where he'll pick the wrong pass, or try do too much. And his shots are either lethal or wild. If he can improve on both those aspects, and makes more passes like his assist last night, he'll be undroppeable.

He’s very unpredictable, he can miss an easy chance then score a peach. He must be hard to play against now, you don’t know what your up against. I’m so happy for him that Michael Beale has turned his Rangers career around. Players will not like playing against him.

There was his actual assist, then there was his assist for Morelos's offside goal at 0-0, his own 2 goals which were chopped off, the chance he skied over the bar near the end and then his shot from Tillmans cut back in the first half which watching back this morning was an excellent save from Clark... If my auntie was my uncle and all that but he was extremely fine margins away from having 4 goals and 2 assists last night.
This. People focus on his mistakes in shooting and decision making yet he had a very good game. Should he have passed to Colak, yes, but he’s a striker so is going to have a dig.

How many goals did McCoist miss? Not comparing them but even the best make mistakes.

Fashion's runs give players like Kent, Tillman and Morelos an option with their passing. Can't even get annoyed with the offsides last night as they were marginal.

He's in the team on merit so I hope that people don't interpret any comments about the more eccentric parts of his game as dismissive. I like Fashion, I like his attitude and how he plays the game. There will always be mad moments but there will always be the sublime moments too like his pass for Alfie last night for our third goal.

Back