The Real Fashion Jr.

Can we now have no more posts about how Fashion Jr doesnt know what hes doing or has erratic technique?

Since Beale has come in and hes been given the chance and starting run that was previously denied him, we've seen not only an upturn in form but some sensational performances. His link-up play with the Frontline is superb and his speed and movement now look even more potent weaponry than we previously knew.

Last night may have been his best showing yet with some exquisite touches and he was very unlucky not to join the scoresheet in what was a ***** showing from the Rangers Attack.

Finally we are seeing why we paid the money and hes grabbed his chance with both hands.

If I could use a ghastly phrase - 'like a new signing'.
I've been impressed with Fashion since Beale came in.
We can see now why we signed him.
Although I don't remember us spending money on him, as he was a Bosman. :p

His goals and assists are fantastic since Beale came in. First name on the team sheet for me at the moment!

I find it really intriguing the difference that a new manager can make to the performance of a player that was nearly at the exit door by way of the prior management I.e. Sakala (and as the Americans would label is our Most Improved Player (MIP).

Not just Sakala but Kent and perhaps Morelos and Kamara are beginning to show a level of play that we expect of them. I don't think it is the just the 'temporary new manager effect' either. Beale and his support team certainly have something in their mindset/strategy that encourages and inspires players to a higher level.

I would like Kent and Morelos to stay but they must show this 'new' level of consistently between now and end of season.

Played well last night but a wee bit more composure and he would have been a 10/10 performance. Went a bit early on some runs, didn't pass to Colak and finishing was mostly just off. He caused them massive problems all night, his performances since Beale came in have been getting better and better.
Also got caught in two minds on the ball and dispossessed in the first half and Hearts nearly scored from the break up the park, which would have made it 1-1 at that time

Decent enough player but will not move on to a better club after us.

I said from pre Rangers the guy could be sensational.

He has flaws, hopefully they can be coached he's still quite young.

But he has technique, engine, work ethic and pace, they cant be coached.
Definitely got to take the rough edges with the brilliance of wee Fashion.
What we have is Beale managing him well, playing him in the right way, utilizing his strengths and giving him confidence.
Gio didn’t fancy him and destroyed him.
Some of his skill is truly sublime; the wonder goal a few weeks ago to the skill control and precision to set up Alfie last night.

I think we can all put up with the shite he can produce in 90 minutes when generally he bags a goal or an assist within that same 90 mins.

Can we now have no more posts about how Fashion Jr doesnt know what hes doing or has erratic technique?

Since Beale has come in and hes been given the chance and starting run that was previously denied him, we've seen not only an upturn in form but some sensational performances. His link-up play with the Frontline is superb and his speed and movement now look even more potent weaponry than we previously knew.

Last night may have been his best showing yet with some exquisite touches and he was very unlucky not to join the scoresheet in what was a ***** showing from the Rangers Attack.

Finally we are seeing why we paid the money and hes grabbed his chance with both hands.

Are you suggesting he doesn’t have erratic technique?

I think we can all put up with the shite he can produce in 90 minutes when generally he bags a goal or an assist within that same 90 mins.
That's a perfectly fair statement. Watch him at Morelos second goal. His control, touch and pass were sublime. If you saw that on a You Tube clip, you'd soil yourself thinking we'd get that guy for free.
He also gave the ball away several times, got caught in possession putting us in danger and dribbled it off his knee, chin and willie a couple of times. :)
It's what you get, but he looks a nightmare for defenders at times.

Still the nearest thing to Ted McMinn I've seen in a Rangers jersey since, well, Ted McMinn. McMinn was capable of producing some incredible skill, but could also be a bit clumsy shall we say on occasion, with the odd brain fart thrown in.

He gets caught offside to often he needs to realise he's usually the fastest guy on the pitch and can afford to give them 1/2 a yard start, then his numbers would rapidly increase.

theres a reason he was linked with Lyon and West Ham before signing for us

IMO Gio just never fancied him, he was a Gerrard/Beale signing

There was his actual assist, then there was his assist for Morelos's offside goal at 0-0, his own 2 goals which were chopped off, the chance he skied over the bar near the end and then his shot from Tillmans cut back in the first half which watching back this morning was an excellent save from Clark... If my auntie was my uncle and all that but he was extremely fine margins away from having 4 goals and 2 assists last night.

He had one cleared, not quite off the line, but that had beat the keeper as well

Are you suggesting he doesn’t have erratic technique?
I think he's shown sensational technique both his deft touch and finishing that has been at times venomously powerful and others bullseye accurate.

The erratic aspect is people's perception rather because I'm sure Fashion Jr himself is quite sure of what he's doing. It may not always work but it's not like he's running/passing/shooting aimlessly.

As mentioned he's a Maverick and as such plays outside of pigeon holes. This is reflected in the good and I'll of his outcomes but equally he's very skillful and highly capable so you accept the odd misfire.

You also can see how such style is perfecto for Beale's expressive freedom across the frontline and undoubtedly this is key to him finding his feet at long last.

If Gio had remained he would've clocked more bench time and game time and likely have departed never having had his chance to shine.

Now he seems key to how we play and regardless who leaves and arrives I think he will remain so next season.

He’s inconsistent which is why he is with us. If he could eliminate that from his game he’d be a target for an EPL side but that could apply to most of our team. Last night he alternated between brilliant and wtf was he trying there. There were fewer unforced errors all round last night which in no small part contributed to the win.

I think he's shown sensational technique both his deft touch and finishing that has been at times venomously powerful and others bullseye accurate.

The erratic aspect is people's perception rather because I'm sure Fashion Jr himself is quite sure of what he's doing. It may not always work but it's not like he's running/passing/shooting aimlessly.

As mentioned he's a Maverick and as such plays outside of pigeon holes. This is reflected in the good and I'll of his outcomes but equally he's very skillful and highly capable so you accept the odd misfire.

You also can see how such style is perfecto for Beale's expressive freedom across the frontline and undoubtedly this is key to him finding his feet at long last.

If Gio had remained he would've clocked more bench time and game time and likely have departed never having had his chance to shine.

Now he seems key to how we play and regardless who leaves and arrives I think he will remain so next season.
He leathers the ball as hard as he can almost every time he has the opportunity to do so

Both finishes for his two offside goals last night were as cool as you like so he does have that composure in him.

He's a great player to have in the squad and he seems to have the ability and the bravery to try something different when we're struggling to make a breakthrough. Even if he's not got the goal or an assist I would guess he's made a big contribution to a lot of our goals under Beale.

I commented on another thread, it's a breath of fresh air seeing someone who enjoys his football. Seems like a chore to some these days, but this fella shows us that he considers it a privelage.

His control and pass to alfie was superb and it would have been a shame if the goal had been chopped.

I always thought he was on a free transfer

His two offside goals were superbly put away.very noticeable as well he was playing close to alfie at times.his cross for Alfies second goal was a thing of beauty.

Part of his play that makes him so effective is his erraticness though, how can opposition defend him when even he doesn't know what's coming next B-D

He leathers the ball as hard as he can almost every time he has the opportunity to do so

His offside goal last night was as composed as you like.

He also showed great composure with his two assists with Morelos.

Beale spoke well of him in his presser today and basically said if it's a beauty contest you want with Sakala then it's not on, however if it's effectiveness then he comes up with something every game. A fair summation.

His offside goal last night was as composed as you like.

He also showed great composure with his two assists with Morelos.

Beale spoke well of him in his presser today and basically said if it's a beauty contest you want with Sakala then it's not on, however if it's effectiveness then he comes up with something every game. A fair summation.
I said almost, he also leathered the ball over the bar from 4 yards.

He’s effective but let’s keep the praise within the realms of reality. He is also erratic.

Was brilliant last night.

Still a swipe of eraticness when he did not slip Colak in, but the game was done.
Our strikers need to improve on that. I know he assisted Alfie for his 2nd but many times in recent matches one striker or the other is in a better position to score and they don’t make the pass. Don’t want to split hairs though. Great performance last night.

Neil McCann - remember him? He reckoned Fashion was motm. Hard to argue despite so many being good last night.

Might not start in every home game against teams who park the bus, but is great in away games like last night and absolutely effective against the tims.

Been fantastic since Beale came in.

He is erattic at times and needs to work on his technique a bit (first touch etc.) but when used correctly he’s a valuable member of this team / squad.

It’s taken over a year from him to get there. Maybe we should cut Matondo some slack.

I'm probably one of the few who thinks he deserves time to turn it around. A lot of minds are made up - nature of football I guess.

Beale speaking about Sakala's style of play and how it was always going to take time for him to adjust was the biggest message, for me.

He can be a bit erratic at times and show a lack of composure. There is absolutely no doubt he has ability and can get even better. I think he can go on to be a very, very good player.

There was times when I've wanted to strangle him but since Beale those times are becoming less. If only Rabbi gets his finger out then we could have a far more potent front line.

He’s frustrating as hell. Can cause defenders havoc with his pace and skill but his decision making is woeful at times. I don’t know if that something our coaches can work on.

Think he’s our best option on the right at the moment because he’s more of a goal threat than the others.

Sakala is another example, and there have been many, of how we too often judge in the moment and don't factor in that players normally need time and confidence to show their best.

He's been excellent of late, and I'm sure he'll have the odd run of games where it's not working so well, but he's been a victim of uncertainty in the management changes in his short time here.

This is why I feel it's still too early to be certain of our summer signings, good or bad. We can be rightly excited or disappointed by what they've produced so far, but they're nowhere near settled and ready to show us their true ability yet.

Although Tillman is f*cking amazing and I won't hear otherwise... B-D

Watching that front three in recent games, none of them are going to make it easy for those waiting for their chance to get in the team.
Totally agree, Sakala has improved beyond recognition, let’s hope MB can get something out of Matondo.

Back