The halfwit John Hartson wants VAR scrapped

The team getting the most dodgy decisions go in their favour pre-VAR were always going to be most disadvantaged when VAR came in and those dodgy decisions stopped.

Their VAR moaning is an admission of the unfair advantage they have gotten from refs up until this season.

I’d bet that “wrong“ decisions by VAR would be in single figures in percentage terms.
What John means is that he wants VAR scrapped because it doesn’t come to the decisions he is looking for.
Nothing to do with unimportant considerations like the Laws of the Game.
Just very simple, like John himself, he isn’t getting what he wants.
I mean, who can honestly say, with absolute certainty, that the ball even hit Goldson on the arm at Ibrox against them or Tynecastle against Hearts?
(Given that I’ve asked for honesty, Celtic supporters shouldn’t waste their time replying.)

Hartson in all his wisdom apparently wants VAR scrapped by FIFA as it gets more wrong than it gets right. Quite funny that as Hartson never gets anything right let alone half the things he says.
Why would anybody listen to what this clown thinks.

Probably the same john hartson that was crying out for VAR couple yrs ago , wish they would just scrap john hartson the big wanker

Hartson in all his wisdom apparently wants VAR scrapped by FIFA as it gets more wrong than it gets right. Quite funny that as Hartson never gets anything right let alone half the things he says.
Yes and we’re even talking about the basics on player’s names while being paid to analyse a football game on the tv.

Genuinely the thickest person associated with football that is given so many platforms. You could almost feel sorry for him if he wasn't such a prick.

Var has got every offside correct.

Clean up the handball rule (not just in scotland) and itll be close to perfect.

Maby be a tad quicker aswell.

He wants it scrapped because before especially with offsides his club always got the benefit of doubt.
A tad quicker? needs to be almost instant.

As it stands right now, i think the time some decisions take and the way they break the momentum of games, never mind the amount of time they add, are VAR's biggest weak point.

This 'time difference' might also be the biggest danger to the game as we know it and be the catalyst for wholesale changes.

How long were some games during the world cup? Fark me, players hanging out and breaking every time there was a 'big decision'. Didn't look all that different from American sport to me. I wonder what FIFA would think about more advertising slots during a game? Would they care if it bothered 'legacy' supporters? Or fark them and follow the cash?

Would you trust FIFA to make the correct choice?

I am not liking VAR in it's current set up. It is shite.

Maybe we need two referees on the park, one each end. Maybe they need to be Pro's themselves. Maybe they hire themselves out from an accredited European pool to leagues to stop accusations of bias. The better you are, the more you could charge for a big game.

Plenty could be done to improve refereeing, systems that could double check referee's might improve to a point where they could take over games, something a bit like VAR, only one that works.

VAR needs vastly improved before it changes the game forever. Sadly, the game will be changed for the worst, ruined no doubt, but by then it will be too late, we wont be able to go back.

He is an absolute idiot, thick as mince. Having said that, he doesn’t genuinely believe this guff. It is all about pressure before the cup final

Var has got every offside correct.

Clean up the handball rule (not just in scotland) and itll be close to perfect.

Maby be a tad quicker aswell.

He wants it scrapped because before especially with offsides his club always got the benefit of doubt.
Think they would be better just saying any handball is a penalty

It’s the same for everyone you just need to get on with it there is no debate then

Quite a few on here want it scrapped too so he’s in good company. B-)
Says one of the many posters that are straight in to defend the way games are reffed on the pitch, which is what Hartson and Celtic are obviously missing and would prefer to go back too. Replays have made it far more difficult for the cheats to play dumb and simply ignore the most obvious crucial calls against smaller clubs but they are always working on ways to cause us hassle.

That guy v Ross was nuts but hes not alone.

I wouldnt get too carried away with VAR we still have to beat a tim team that all the clubs are scared to tackle, womens football is more physical, and for all the singing and partying about VAR we will have to wait and see how comfortable they are making calls in the old firms when it really matters.

Last edited:
Genuine 'real life' observation:

All celtic fans disagree with VAR and want it scrapped. They will energetically go on and on about how bad some innocuous decision was.

All Rangers fans, although frustrated with VAR at times, are happy for it to remain.

Seems basic but these cnts will do anything to avoid further scrutiny.

Back