Barry Ferguson thinks we should extend McGregor

Legend as a player but with every utterance that leaves his mouth Barry devalues his status.

And no, we shouldn't be extending McGregors contract for another year.
What if he is the best we can get ?

I don’t see Greegs having blown cup finals for us and he most certainly has the nerve that is in no doubt is it ?

Barry Ferguson has come out and said that McGregor has played solid despite his age this year, and that we should sign him up for another year to focus our available funds on more immediate needs.

Last year this would have horrified me. But part of me thinks he's on to something after seeing how many players turned up missing on Sunday. He's not been our worst player by far, and by the looks of it we will need a to sign a solid centre forward If (more like when) Morelos leaves, and replace a ton of dead weight in midfield.

I know I'm going to get it, but thoughts?
Everytime BF opens his mouth its nothing but gibberish:))
My thoughts are McGregor is one of the first to be out the door

Every time he opens his mouth he makes himself look more ridiculous than before. I'm going to need to stop clicking on threads about him. His stupidity just makes me angry and if it wasn't for on here I'd never read about him.

Barry Ferguson has come out and said that McGregor has played solid despite his age this year, and that we should sign him up for another year to focus our available funds on more immediate needs.

Last year this would have horrified me. But part of me thinks he's on to something after seeing how many players turned up missing on Sunday. He's not been our worst player by far, and by the looks of it we will need a to sign a solid centre forward If (more like when) Morelos leaves, and replace a ton of dead weight in midfield.

Give it up Barry.

A generational talent and a Rangers player we'll still talk about decades from now but he should not be allowed within a mile of a microphone. He has the uncanny ability to say the opposite of common sense everytime.

There must be a contest between him And his brother Derek to see who can spout the most pish these days. Two of them Desperately whoring themselves out for the bheast coin.

He’s an arse. I’ve never liked the man/Ned. When he chose the massive European giants Blackburn Rovers over us then came back with his tail between his legs.
I can’t stand him, and every time he opens his mouth he makes an arse of himself.
Who needs enemies when that prick has a media outlet.

That's enough FF for tonight - the guy let's in 4 of every 10 shots on target .. he had a solid game yesterday but he's been horrendous for 18 months

Barry would let Keith Jackson write any pile of shit in his name for money.

McGregor is one of about seven players that have been here too long and that needs to end in the summer

If Beale isnt ruthless is ridding the squad we'll be looking for yet another new manager this time next year

McGregor has looked pretty solid the last few weeks.
Maybe a wee friendly deal as an emergency backup next season.
Id be OK with that,it would be nice to keep around the team also.
Maybe that’s what Wee Barry is hinting at.

If Barry had a brain he would be his big brother Derek
And Derek doesn’t exactly have Mensa asking him to join.

Someone needs to tell Barry it’s better to say nothing and be thought an idiot than speak and remove all doubts.

I'm actually shocked that Barry failed in management, even at the lowest level possible.

He seems to know the game inside out, and always provides great insight.

Barry must have worked out by now that his ghost writer is trolling him at every turn.

He can't keep coming out with this nonsense by himself can he?

Guy is the go to guy to talk negative shite about us that's for sure.

Ferguson would.

I would tend to disagree based on the fact he is well past his best ability. In saying that, I don’t exactly believe in our ability get a replacement who is capable of being Rangers number 1 goalkeeper. So I’m probably torn, but that’s more because of our inability to get transfers right.

Also, we either need to promote McCrorie to number 2 or face getting 2 goalkeepers in that are of the required standard, something I’m even less confident we can manage to do.

Barry Ferguson's career is a real dichotomy - as a pundit rock bottom, as a player he was absolutely tremendous.

Back